foxfanazer Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Who has been the better player out of these two Premier League legends. Always preferred Lampard myself but Gerrard has single handedly won trophies for Liverpool at times. It's a shame to see them both go imo
ousefox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Gerrard is without doubt the better player. Carried shit teams year after year.
Matt Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Gerrard in his prime but in the latter years Lampard. Gerrard's finished now I think, he should have left a good year ago.
LCFC FOX Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Lampard. He's won medals and scored more goals. I know who I'd sooner have
Trav Le Bleu Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Lampard. He's won medals and scored more goals. I know who I'd sooner have Because he was in a vastly superior team. That said, it's hard to call. I am completely undecided.
Jimothy Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Lampard. He's won medals and scored more goals. I know who I'd sooner have Typical statement of the now statistic obsessed nation of football followers we've become. The fact Lampard scored more goals is totally irrelevant. As I said in another post, take Gerrard out of the Liverpool team and replace him with Lampard, they would never have won the CL or FA cup. Put Gerrard in the Chelsea team instead of Lampard and they still win all those trophies, and that's the difference. Lampard is a cog in a very good machine, Gerrard is the engine. In fact the more I think about the more the debate is totally redundant, they are completely different players. Lampard is a pretty much deep lying support striker, Gerrard is a all action box to box midfielder. The fact Gerrard scored nearly 100 league goals from that role is phenomenal, Roy Keane played a similar role and got nowhere near that amount.
Haydos Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Probably Gerrard at his peak, just. His ability to dig in when it matters most and inspire others is something we've always appreciated at Leicester.
davieG Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 They're different players with different skills I don't see any point in trying to work out who is better they've both had great careers, brought lots of joy to so many so I'll abstain.
foxfanazer Posted 17 May 2015 Author Posted 17 May 2015 They're different players with different skills I don't see any point in trying to work out who is better they've both had great careers, brought lots of joy to so many so I'll abstain.Good for you
Stadt Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 But how many times was Giggs in the PFA team of the year?
bovril Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Typical statement of the now statistic obsessed nation of football followers we've become. The fact Lampard scored more goals is totally irrelevant. As I said in another post, take Gerrard out of the Liverpool team and replace him with Lampard, they would never have won the CL or FA cup. Put Gerrard in the Chelsea team instead of Lampard and they still win all those trophies, and that's the difference. Lampard is a cog in a very good machine, Gerrard is the engine. In fact the more I think about the more the debate is totally redundant, they are completely different players. Lampard is a pretty much deep lying support striker, Gerrard is a all action box to box midfielder. The fact Gerrard scored nearly 100 league goals from that role is phenomenal, Roy Keane played a similar role and got nowhere near that amount. I see your point but I'm not sure can say goals scored is 'irrelevant' when that's the whole idea of the game.
ousefox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 This poll is shocking me. Anybody who would rather have had Lampard in his prime over Gerrard in his prime in their team is mad.
DennisNedry Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Gerrard in his prime was better than Lampard in his prime. However Lampard has performed to a consistently higher standard outside of his prime than Gerrard managed.
Littletoe Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Gerrard..... But it's understandable if a person chooses Lampard, both have been at some point in their careers, world class. I'd go into battle with Gerrard leading, anyday. He's carried such a poor England team for years, Lampard hasn't.
ousefox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Gerrard in his prime was better than Lampard in his prime. However Lampard has performed to a consistently higher standard outside of his prime than Gerrard managed. I think I'd agree with that. Although you could put that down to being managed better. Chelsea could deal without Lampard playing every game which wasn't the case with Gerrard.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.