Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

QPR (Home) - Post Match Thread 5 - 1

Apart from his odd head rush (and his reputation gets him more problems than he deserves) Barton is a good player, a loyal servant and would be a solid addition to our squad as someone to support the first team. I would welcome both him and Austin here.

I wouldn't want Barton anywhere near our team, and I doubt I'd be the only one to think like that

And he would disrupt the dressing room atmosphere as he's quite divisive

Guest Cujek

Always rated Barton as a player, very inteligent guy also, just for want of a better phrase, ****ing nuts

An absolutely fantastic note to end the season on. Will never forget these last two months, has there ever been a better time to be a Leicester fan?

Really did get the sense that Cambiasso was saying his final farewell - can't hold it against him if he chooses to leave, it was mission accomplished and for him to score and have the ground chanting him for so long he might want to end it on such a high. If he renews though, that'd just be perfect.

Credit to everyone, perfect day really!

We were great today but it did have the air of an exhibition match for large parts of it. Couldn't quite believe how slow the QPR defence was to react for Vardy's, and the space we were permitted for most of the others was bordering on criminal!

Felt like we never really got out of third gear really and never needed to, QPR were just so desperately poor after their heads dropped. Almost disappointed we didn't score more!

Fantastic result to end the season, didn't think we'd score 5 in more than one game, a great achievement. Bet Pearson was fuming about their goal too!

We could do with a similar player to Barton (good passer, leader and willing to put his foot in) but I can't be arsed with the baggage.

Can you imagine if we go from Cambiasso to Barton? lol

People always want characters in the game, but moan when they do something controversial, Barton can be a nob but he's better than cliche speaking bland footballers

He has some ability but his attitude sometimes isn't good enough and that's his downfall, I did respect that him and Austin were the only ones to applaud the away fans shows that he does have some decency in him but I think we can do much better than him however Austin would be great but I can see other teams in for his signature

So proud of this team and I think today everything came together nicely and the whole team showed what they are capable off albeit against a poor opposition. but the quality and ability of the players shone throughout.

For 5 players to get on the score sheet shows the depth we have in the squad, I mean Kram's finish was class and its just a taster for next season.

The club as a whole is probably the best it has ever been right now, with the owners, manager and squad not to mention everything that goes on  in the background scouting, medical, finances.

Pearson has been given the time to build a squad and club and now everything is paying off big time, next season will show everyone if we are the real deal - on the back of this we should be aiming for top 10 next season.

onwards and upwards.

I thought Barton was decent today and maybe he was playing up a bit but taking the effort to walk over to their fans on his own to give thanks was a touch of class.  The QPR squad is one that clearly has problems behind the scenes, but it was Barton that took the effort to say thanks to the fans.

After getting a lot of stick throughout the game, I thought it was right that we applauded him off the pitch.

I would welcome Austin here tomorrow but can't see it.  Barton would be more likely to sign and I think if channeled properly, he could fit in and do a job - I think he has done a lot of growing up over the last year or two.  As for the rest of the QPR team, no thanks.

Leicester were class today.  Clearly in the party mood but played good stuff.  

Albrighton's goal was superb.  Cambiasso was awesome as usual.  Vardy demonstrated why he should be included in the England squad and I was delighted when Kramaric scored.

Loved Mahrez putting Henry on the floor without touching him and tricks coming out of Morgans locker.  Schlupp was decent too for 80% of the game which was nice.

Will QPR be in a position where they can hold out for such a figure?. I can see them having to sell for 10-15m, considering their perilous financial situation

Whatever the price, he won't come here.  Realistically, half of the Premier League would take him.

Archived