Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

QPR (Home) - Post Match Thread 5 - 1

I wouldn't want Barton anywhere near our team, and I doubt I'd be the only one to think like that

And he would disrupt the dressing room atmosphere as he's quite divisive

As far as I could tell, he was the only QPR player to walk over and ackowlwdge the poor supporters that endured yet another abject performance. His dead ball delivery was consistently good all afternoon. He won theajoriry of challenges and his positional sense is generally sound. Would I choose to have him in our shirt? No. Would I be disappointed if he ended up being Lesteban's replacement? No. (Please read that properly befor you reply, anyone).

As far as I could tell, he was the only QPR player to walk over and ackowlwdge the poor supporters that endured yet another abject performance. His dead ball delivery was consistently good all afternoon. He won theajoriry of challenges and his positional sense is generally sound. Would I choose to have him in our shirt? No. Would I be disappointed if he ended up being Lesteban's replacement? No. (Please read that properly befor you reply, anyone).

Can't agree with that in the slightest - he's a step backwards from Esteban (although many would be) but if we're losing Esteban, we want a younger version of him, not another short-termer. Beyond that I don't think he's very good - certainly in terms of discipline he's a liability.

Brilliant send off to what has ultimately been an exciting and successful season today. So many brilliant moments; Cambiasso's goal, which was always going in. Albrighton's strike, what a hit. Mahrez breaking Henry's ankles and someone else's prior to that. Schlupp stopping for a second near his own goal and then ghosting past Barton. Everyone pulling out the skills - Huth, Morgan, Schlupp and especially Mahrez. Good for Kramaric to score at home, bodes well for next year. The reception Esteban got, and the whole parade afterwards - the Thais were loving it!

Memorable season. 

First of all, what a great all-around feeling there was today. You could sense that the reality had settled in everywhere - there was no nervousness at hand, no fear (of relegation) - the knowledge of another season in the Premier League laid the solid foundation for a thoroughly entertaining and soothing afternoon.

Great timing with the release of the new kit (which looks better in real life than in some of the snippets I'd seen earlier). Birch with his annual charity run. Vouchers for free beer, a clapper and a flag near every seat. Makes you feel somewhat welcome in your "own" stadium, doesn't it? In relative terms, fans these days tend to pay a lot seeing their team play week in, week out - so it's great to see that dedication being repaid in a way. It's not the amount of money invested that counts. It's the gesture.

The game itself was sheer bliss, it never felt as if we'd lose at any given moment. We were bound to win from the get-go; not at least because of the lack of leader figures within the QPR squad. The empathic scoreline, coupled with five different LCFC players on the scoresheet rounded it all off. Very pleased to have seen Cambiasso score again, as well as Kramaric netting a goal which will certainly do him the world of good. Albrighton's goal was a real cracker, as well.

In increments, there was a Brazilian element to our game, with splendid one-touch football on display. I remember Morgan doing a 360 around his own axis with the ball on his feet towards the end and still managing to pass it to Schlupp (?). :D

The noise inside the King Power was deafening at times, I could barely hear the drums or the speaker. Fantastic atmosphere created by the audience, including the fitting La Ola in the second half. Respect to all of you not spoiling the lap of honour.

Seeing Hull getting relegated made for a perfect day out.

Knowing that we can now sit back, relax and watch it all unfold in terms of transfers, pre-season training camps and friendlies is a nice change as opposed to the constant fears of avoiding the drop or the struggles of getting promoted.

We've earned the right to stay in this league and long may it continue.

Preferably with Esteban Cambiasso.

I know we've scored five goals, but my absolute favourite moment of the match was when Riyad made Karl Henry fall flat on his arse. I was almost in tears. What a beautiful moment

What about the Morgan spin pass

The quality of that performance means I'm already excited about pre-season. We were class, albeit against very poor opposition, 

Sincerely hope Cambiasso and Huth stay here, they've been incredible for us. 

Can't wait to see who stays and is added, we could be on the verge of something special here.

That performance was the same level and quality of the last 10 games. What Nige and the boys have done with that formation and style and commitment has been amazing.

Forget that it was QPR. We have been that good for 2 months and now have a formula that has shown to be successful in the PL.  It does give us a huge platform to grow upon.

I can see us being a Stoke type of team being safe mid to high mid table team.

No thanks. Guy's a liability. Every time he lost the ball today he got frustrated and gave away a free kick. He looked like he was seconds away from hacking someone down or kicking them. Decent set pieces, but don't think he'd suit our game and more importantly, I can't see Pearson trusting him to not get sent off and leave the rest of the team in the shit.

I'd take Austin though. Surprisingly quick and decent in the air. Got naff all service today and you could tell he was frustrated. Think higher placed teams will be in for him and can see him at Swansea or Liverpool.

Look for Liverpool to move for him as a replacement for Lambert.

no but ive got another package i can show you

But its not proper or... full length, so, Im out

Good day, hammered QPR and the team were not even going for it like they had been in previous weeks.

Felt sorry for some guy who sits near me, had a bet on 25/1 for 4-1 and he kept saying he was not going toilet because City always score but he had to dash and,...Krammy went and scored lol

Was surprised at the way the beaten team did not bother with their fans, only Barton made the effort to go over and applaud them.

had us at 25/1 for 4-1, cashed out about 5 mins before the 5th goal at about 13/1  :)

also had Albrighton  (The missus choice) and Cambiasso to score  :)

Great days

Enjoyed every moment yesterday.. The defenders back passing to each other.. Mahrez putting him on his arse.. The Mexican wave.. The goals fitting cambiasso got one glad kramaric got one at home after a couple away and lack of game time! Also proud everyone stayed in their seats and how happy everyone looked and was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived