Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

QPR (Home) - Post Match Thread 5 - 1

I was listening to the pre match run  up and  RL played some of the pundits predictions pre season. More thasn a couple had City bottom and relegated and QPR to survive. Credit to Stringer he had us for 13th.

Southern biased.

Another great day to store in the memory bank.

Everything seemed sublime at the beginning.Well done to lcfc staff for all the setting up...must be a nightmare sticking all them things to the seats.

Great performance from the team,staff and owners.

Great t shirts by the backroom staff...Pearson must have had a wry smile at that!!!

Almost felt sorry for the QPR fans,fair doors to them think they will have enough to worry about next season.

Nice to see Barton was the only player to go over to them

We must sign Hugh by the way...have a good summer lads!!!!

Guest ttfn

This might not be a popular comment and I risk heading dangerously towards Col levels of pigeon-holing here, but despite his team taking a 5-1 beating today I thought Joey Barton played well for them.

Not a player I'd want at Leicester because he is clearly an "accident" waiting to happen but 99% of the time he's a solid pro with the right attitude and a good range of passing to boot.

Classic example being that their young left back had just come on and given a goal away (to Kramaric) with his first touch. First thing Barton does from the kick off is give him the ball again.

I've never had a problem with Barton.talks a lot of sense and he did show up for them today.

Puts himself in the limelight though with his opinions and twitter stuff but at least he has an opinion unlike most players

A perfect way to end the season on reflection it was probably the easiest three points earnt for the season, QPR's problem was they had some players way best there sell by date and at times our lads made them look embrassing. All round everybody had a good day, despite it being the last game of season and nothing at stake the lads still wanted to end the season with bang!. Going back to last season's final home game against Doncaster, the atmopshere and occation was fantastic, however the performance was a little anti climatic. Today everything was just right (well conceding was a minor mistake) 

Well Done everyone, not just the players but also the fans!

Man Of The Match... Estaban Cambiasso.

Conceding was just right for me.... Had us down for 5-1 at 40/1

This might not be a popular comment and I risk heading dangerously towards Col levels of pigeon-holing here, but despite his team taking a 5-1 beating today I thought Joey Barton played well for them.

Not a player I'd want at Leicester because he is clearly an "accident" waiting to happen but 99% of the time he's a solid pro with the right attitude and a good range of passing to boot.

Classic example being that their young left back had just come on and given a goal away (to Kramaric) with his first touch. First thing Barton does from the kick off is give him the ball again.

Can't actually see him being a Pearson type signing, on Barton himself I can't see many premier league clubs rushing for his signature and I won't be surprised if he heads abroad. 

Fine end to the season, we were just ruthless in front of goal. Loved some of the skills on show and the relaxed attitude with the professionalism thrown in.

To finish 14th with 41 points is a solid first season back, goal difference was fairly healthy in the end and the goals tally more encouraging than we imagined two months ago. Plenty of work to do to improve but seven wins from nine ends the season as we'd like and above established clubs too.

Need more consistency next time but the signs in the last few weeks have been encouraging. Keep Huth and Cambiasso, strengthen other areas and we should look forward to next season with optimism.

I rate Barton, shame his head ain't right though.

He'd walk into the England team (A few years ago he would have anyway) but you couldn't trust him.

Interesting to see our fans applaud him for being the only QPR player to applaud his own fans, that's disgusting after the shite they've been served up this year.

Interesting to see our fans applaud him for being the only QPR player to applaud his own fans, that's disgusting after the shite they've been served up this year.

Yeah very poor that was, just one player went up to the away end. Just sums up what kind of players they've got.

Good day, hammered QPR and the team were not even going for it like they had been in previous weeks.

Felt sorry for some guy who sits near me, had a bet on 25/1 for 4-1 and he kept saying he was not going toilet because City always score but he had to dash and,...Krammy went and scored lol

Was surprised at the way the beaten team did not bother with their fans, only Barton made the effort to go over and applaud them.

Apart from his odd head rush (and his reputation gets him more problems than he deserves) Barton is a good player, a loyal servant and would be a solid addition to our squad as someone to support the first team. I would welcome both him and Austin here.

Apart from his odd head rush (and his reputation gets him more problems than he deserves) Barton is a good player, a loyal servant and would be a solid addition to our squad as someone to support the first team. I would welcome both him and Austin here.

No thanks. Guy's a liability. Every time he lost the ball today he got frustrated and gave away a free kick. He looked like he was seconds away from hacking someone down or kicking them. Decent set pieces, but don't think he'd suit our game and more importantly, I can't see Pearson trusting him to not get sent off and leave the rest of the team in the shit.

I'd take Austin though. Surprisingly quick and decent in the air. Got naff all service today and you could tell he was frustrated. Think higher placed teams will be in for him and can see him at Swansea or Liverpool.

Archived