Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

1 hour ago, Frank_mckenzie said:

Everytime I use the monorail, I end up staying in the tunnel with the announcer doing her tour speech, can access menu's and look round but can't move and nothing happens.

When you leave the station it should then load a cutscean where you are being taken to the park. You can't move until the monorail reaches the park you can only look around.

Edited by MrSpaM

I'm level 70 now and still only on the first act of the main story. I've invested quite sometime into my main sanctuary settlement (yes I'm a building nerd) 

I love that element of the game, yes it's bugged but it's fun 

No mod support for the PS4 then, Sony being cvnts about it according to Bethesda. Rumours are due to the PS4 OS being so shit and easy to hack, mods risk the system even more

Well here's a thought Sony? don't be twats about it and SORT YA SYSTEM OUT! 

For the players? my arse!

Edited by CKB

Nuka World is buggy AF for me(XB1) cannot compete quests, It is more a shooting based DLC over Role playing/Decent story line to it.

Overall felt F4 wasn't as good as F3 or NV, the focus was on the settlement and building stuff which i have no interest whatsoever. 

Mods were a anti climax too.

Fingers crossed that Fallout:New Orleans rumours have some substance to them so we don't have to wait so long for the next game.

• 2 months later...

Just fired this up for the first time in ages. I haven't played any of the DLC, so I have that to look forward to. 

It's been interesting so far. Started a new game on survival difficulty, the enemies are not too hard, but the environment is. I got bitten by a radroach, just after the first boss fight, since then I have been fighting an infection that takes 20% of my health every few minutes, frantically trying to find antibiotics or build a clinic. Dying sucks as you can only save when you sleep, so any journey you make is going to be tough. I died to a legendary mongrel that mutated and one shot me just as my infection struck again. that really sucked

• 11 months later...
14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

After 16 months of not playing this game, I decided to start all over again.  I never made it to Diamond City and struggled past the Minutemen fort as a level 11 against that Mirelurk Queen.  After that I never went back to it.  lol

This time I'll stay out of VATS as much as possible and go stealth FPS. 

VATS is your friend. lol 

I did something similar. Started a new game months after I finished it the first time. I put 10 points in Luck to try it out. I levelled up ridiculously quick.

Intelligence is by far the most important imo. I still love the game. The whole Fallout series is brilliant

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

VATS is your friend. lol 

I did something similar. Started a new game months after I finished it the first time. I put 10 points in Luck to try it out. I levelled up ridiculously quick.

Intelligence is by far the most important imo. I still love the game. The whole Fallout series is brilliant

My intelligence stat is very low.  2 I think.  I put 9 on endurance.  8 on agility.

I am having an easy time with one shot on raiders.  I cleared out Cortega really easily.  I will probably up the ante and try the harder skill setting as I can only see the game getting easier as I level up.

I'm putting everything into Gunslinger, Ninja and Mister Sandman.  The onine advice I found for a stealth build was to go heavy on endurance as well - I'm not convinced.  As you say, I perhaps should have gone more with intelligence instead.

It's a shame you can't reset these skills as you can with Witcher 3 for example.  I'm stuck with it now, and I'm not restarting for a third time!

Link to video:

Edited by Legend_in_blue

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

My intelligence stat is very low.  2 I think.  I put 9 on endurance.  8 on agility.

I am having an easy time with one shot on raiders.  I cleared out Cortega really easily.  I will probably up the ante and try the harder skill setting as I can only see the game getting easier as I level up.

I'm putting everything into Gunslinger, Ninja and Mister Sandman.  The onine advice I found for a stealth build was to go heavy on endurance as well - I'm not convinced.  As you say, I perhaps should have gone more with intelligence instead.

It's a shame you can't reset these skills as you can with Witcher 3 for example.  I'm stuck with it now, and I'm not restarting for a third time!

Link to video:

You can still upgrade your intelligence points anyway. So its no problem. When you level up just put the point in intelligence rather than a skill itself

I've now put a couple of more points into intelligence.  That's now at 5.  I'm waiting to unlock the ninja, mister sandman and sneak perks at around level 17.  Currently level 11.  Levelling up is proving to be a swifter experience with the intelligence boost.

I'm taking my time visiting areas south of Lexington.  I ventured east towards the coast but the going got tough out there so I bailed out.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:56, Legend_in_blue said:

I've now put a couple of more points into intelligence.  That's now at 5.  I'm waiting to unlock the ninja, mister sandman and sneak perks at around level 17.  Currently level 11.  Levelling up is proving to be a swifter experience with the intelligence boost.

I'm taking my time visiting areas south of Lexington.  I ventured east towards the coast but the going got tough out there so I bailed out.

Yea don't rush around, you will soon get annihilated lol 

A lil tip. Have you found Dogmeat? If you take him back to the vault you came out of there is a gun locked in a case (think its a freeze gun) Dogmeat can take it out of the case and give it you. I never used it but it may be worth some caps.

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea don't rush around, you will soon get annihilated lol 

A lil tip. Have you found Dogmeat? If you take him back to the vault you came out of there is a gun locked in a case (think its a freeze gun) Dogmeat can take it out of the case and give it you. I never used it but it may be worth some caps.

Doesn't work in the latest patched version.

• 3 months later...

I've finally finished the main story of this whilst trying to take my time and reach level 50 before this happens.

Unfortunately, I'm level 45 and feel that the game was badly let down by a poor ending and I'm not sure I can be arsed to finish up yet more locations, more raiders, more mutants and more mirelirks just to get the required XP for level 50 and chalk off that achievement.

There was little choice in deciding how things ended up imo.  Sure, side with a faction of your choosing but then get taken down a series of quests with little option to change how things pan out in the end.  I went with the institute and was left underwhelmed by it all in the end.  Some things the game does very well but the story telling aspect, as with many open world games these days, was poor.

• 2 weeks later...

Invested quite a bit of time in this since finally giving in and getting an XBox One at Christmas.

Loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so was desperate to dive in. 

I've probably done about 20-odd side quests, but none from the main factions or main story yet. Admittedly the quests I've completed don't quite match up to those in their predecessors yet, but the world is so bloody immersive, I can't help but love it. The locations are absolutely fantastic, and there's a sense of discovery I can't quite remember feeling in the previous games. 

Also, I know it's buggy as hell, but I'm LOVING the settlement building stuff. I must've made up about half of my levels so far with the XP gained by building huge, detailed settlements... And with the DLC, there's plenty to create and loads of variation if you're patient enough.

I lost about 4 hours the other day building a 3 storey bar in the Castle Courtyard, when my other half wandered in, asked what I was doing. Only when I started to say "I'm building a bar for my..." did I start to question my own motivations lol

I did go back and get to level 50.  Also tidied up a few trophies along the way.  The only ones I've missed are the 100% settlement happiness and those relating to faction quests, of which there's around 6.

The best way to achieve the 50 weapon mods which was a total pain in the ass until I read up on it, is to buy a baseball bat and dress it up in different colour mods over and over and over again.  You'll be at 50 in no time.