Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

The whole thing did get boring reasonably quickly for a Bethesda game. I don't think I quite made 100 hours before platinum and thinking these game really hasn't got anything left to surprise me with,

I was thinking that, Fallout 3 seemed to have more variety of side quests. I feel like i've barely done any side quests and I cant seem to find any in Fallout 4.

Not picked this up since before xmas, bored bored bored and not into Minecraft so not interested in building settlements n stuff. 

Did pay out for a season pass but still not heard anything about DLC. Bethesda have announced another E3 showcase so prob get more info then...just a long wait.

March for DLC allegedly.

Fallout DLC is some of the best downloadable content going to be fair, well, some of it.

Fallout 4 Add-Ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor and More

Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.

Automatron

Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD

Release: March 2016

automatron_411.jpg
Fallout4_DLC_Automatron01_730.jpg

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop

Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD

Release: April 2016

wasteland_workshop.jpg
Fallout4_DLC_WastelandWorkshop02_730.jpg

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor

Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD

Release: May 2016

far_harbor.jpg
Fallout4_DLC_FarHarbor03_730.jpg

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

Having failed when I got the romance option with Piper, does anyone know if it ever comes up again? The fail dialogue seems to indicate it might, but I'm not sure how, since I've achieved maximum affinity.

lol you got friendzoned in a video game only option for you now is to get Preston to show you HIS settlement.

Having failed when I got the romance option with Piper, does anyone know if it ever comes up again? The fail dialogue seems to indicate it might, but I'm not sure how, since I've achieved maximum affinity.

Simply hop into bed, the filthy minx will clamber in once the screen fades.

The DLC will definitely be worth it - Far Harbor alone sounds awesome. Sounds like it will be a whole new area with different quest lines, not just one linear side quest. The Wasteland Workshop and Automatron DLCs look ok, I'll probably pick them up. Like the idea of scavenging a robot companion and the new stuff for the settlements will be good, as it's a bit limited at the minute as to what we can do on console compared to PCs running mods like Settlements Expanded etc.

started a new game with 10 points in luck and strength and the rest in endurance. I want to get to a point where I can just walk upto a deathclaw and kill it with a pool cue. Gonna spend more time with the settlements aswel. The DLC looks decent. Like the robot idea. Still love the game

let us know how it goes lol

I did manage to finish off the Deathclaw in Concord with a pool cue but I had battered it with guns until it had about 1/4 health left then it went and hid so I decided to go head on and run at it with my cue lol . I only just managed to finish it off.

So now I will make it my mission to find a Deathclaw at full health and walk up to it with a Pool cue and break its legs. lol

Todd Howard Discusses Fallout 4 DLC, Mods, & Survival Mode

Just a few hours before Todd Howard and several members of Bethesda Game Studios' team walked onto the D.I.C.E. Awards stage to accept Fallout 4's Game of the Year honors, I sat down with Howard to discuss what comes next for the game – primarily the forthcoming DLC plans.

Howard also opened up a little more on the studio's plans for Survival mode, and the release time frame for mods on console and PC. He also provided a little more clarity on Bethesda Game Studios working on three projects simultaneously.

I don’t think anyone thought of Bethesda Game Studios as a multi-game studio, and then you did Fallout Shelter and Fallout 4. Now you’re saying you’re stepping up the efforts to three games. What can you tell us about this switch?

We’ve always kind of overlapped stuff, but I guess we’re doing more now than we ever have. [The projects] aren’t all the same scale, but they are longer term. We’re also doing DLC, and Fallout Shelter, creation kit, and mod stuff, updating the game – we’ve got a lot going on.

We got to the point with the studio in Montreal where we can start expanding. We thought that ‘Hey, these are things we talked about doing, so why not, let’s start.’

I was in your studio 25 days before Fallout 4 released, and it was very much the calm before the storm. Talk me through the game’s launch.

It was pretty amazing in retrospect. I think you lose a little perspective when making games, and you’re happy that it got done. You hope that when it comes out, it’s really good, and sells like crazy. That’s what’s in your head. One of the things that is amazing: Fallout 4 sold more day one digitally than at retail. That’s a big change.

All of that Fallout energy when it came out, it was so much. That blur of finishing it excites us a lot. We have a really good platform with the Fallout platform, and now we say ‘What can we do with it?’ 

What was your big takeaway from the player feedback you were getting?

They played the game a lot. There is some ‘I played the main quest, I finished it, I’m done,’ but there are so many people that play the game for so long. It’s not just feeding them content; it’s how do you make that better?

After finishing up The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you revealed your team did an internal game jam to generate new DLC ideas. Did you do that for Fallout 4?

We did. Survival mode came out of that. We had talked about doing robot stuff, and there was a bunch of that in there. We do that every game. We do that in the middle of development. So we did that in the middle of Fallout 4. When we finished what we call our vertical slice preproduction build – when you can actually play the game – we do one for a week then. That fuels features for the main game like jetpacks and a number of other things. And we do another at the end, which is focused on mining ideas for DLC. We kind of talk about stuff, but when we start to see it on screen, we say ‘That’s really good. Here are the things we can do. What’s going to be in an update? Hey these fit in a package.’

What are some of the most surprising and creative things you’ve seen from the community in regards to the settlements?

Giant, animated, inappropriate images. [laughs] The popularity of the workshop stuff; that fueled a lot of communication between players.

When I interviewed you prior to launch, you said there was one big thing you didn’t put into the game, but you wouldn’t tell me what it was. Is that something that is in the DLC now?

If it’s the one that’s in my head right now, it’s too big for DLC. [laughs]

Fallout4WW.jpg

With all of the new projects in the works, is Fallout 4’s DLC created by the internal team that made the core game?

Yes. We kind of split the team up. We’re also expanding so that helps us. We have the team in Montreal; that helps too. It’s the same group.

You announced three pieces of DLC recently. What can you tell us about this first wave of content?

The one thing we’ve found about DLC is that we’ve done all types at all price points and all sizes, and we’ve come to the realization that it all works. It all sells really well. We went into [Fallout 4] and decided to do all types at all price points. With this initial run, we want to have a little bit of everything.

The first one Automatron has a little quest line and this Pokémon-esque ‘kill robots, get their parts, build your own’ [gameplay]. The robot building is really deep. It’s great.

The Wasteland Workshop DLC is obviously for Workshop people. We wanted it to scratch that itch of ‘Can I build my own Thunderdome?’ You can build your own arenas, capture animals, and also build other things.

A lot of people gravitate toward the larger ‘Okay, I’m going to a new landmass, it’s somewhere new.’ That’s Far Harbor. That costs more, takes us longer, and there’re more people on it. 

In our previous DLC [offerings], we kind of did them one at a time and announced them that way, but because we were working on all of these three at one time, and fit a different niche, we thought ‘Let’s announce them at the same time.’

You said you are going to beta test Survival Mode. How is that going to unfold?

That’s going to be something different than we usually do. Survival mode has a lot of changes that can be pretty dramatic. Once we get it honed where it’s working well enough, we’re going to put it on Steam beta for a while. ‘Here it is. Start playing it. Give us feedback.’ It’s far easier to update and iterate on [PC]. Once we settle on it, then we’ll release it for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We want to get it up soon on Steam beta. It’s not going to be months and months off. If it’s not really working, and we need to iterate on it, it may stay in beta for a month, depending on what we are changing. But we want to make it have the game feel different. The bits we’ve done, and me recently playing it, it’s absolutely some of the most fun I’ve had playing Fallout. I mean that honestly. It changes it in a good way for me, but it might not for everybody.

We’re doing things like you can’t save, it only saves your game when you sleep. You can’t fast travel. There’re all of these diseases. We’re trying it all. It’s a different experience. We’re not trying to make it a ton harder. It’s harder because you’re doing more things. We want the combat to feel different, as opposed to just being a bullet sponge. 

When can we expect to see mods, especially on console side?

Our goal is between the first two DLCs. It’ll go up at that time on PC. In April. All of that stuff will go up on PC. People are beta testing it. There’ll be a lag on consoles. We want to get it up on PC and have it work. It’ll probably be a good month before it hits Xbox One, and another month for PlayStation 4.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

Edited by FantasticMrFuchs

• 2 weeks later...

Right, question about crafting in FO4 on PC.

Is it possible to move whilst in workshop mode? Having to enter mode, scrap, exit, move, enter mode, scrap something else, exit, move, enter, create, exit, find a settler, enter mode, point them vaguely where you want them, exit, run after them, enter mode, assign them now that they are within range, et cetera...

Is all really tiresome and I can't believe that it's supposed to be this awkward.

Someone please tell me I've missed something.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

• 2 weeks later...

So this game was extremely good value on Amazon over the weekend and I have this on the way - couldn't pass on it, not at under 22 quid for the PS4 version.

Was it the right thing to do?  I am struggling to finish AC Syndicate, Witcher 3 and MGSV due to lack of time...

Edited by Legend_in_blue

So this game was extremely good value on Amazon over the weekend and I have this on the way - couldn't pass on it, not at under 22 quid for the PS4 version.

Was it the right thing to do?  I am struggling to finish AC Syndicate, Witcher 3 and MGSV due to lack of time...

lol If you cant finish games due to lack of time then im not sure Fallout will do much for you. Very big game. Really good though