Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

How long will it be before fallout goes down to £30?

Might stay near retail price for quite a while especially with Christmas coming up, keep an eye out for some preowned ones though, because there is no online multiplayer some people will finish the main story and trade it in/sell it so you might be able to nab one for cheaper

How long will it be before fallout goes down to £30?

If it is for PC you can get it for £27 on CD Keys, If for console then you can pick it up for £39.99 in a few outlets. I think you could justify the extra tenner for a game of this depth. 

Worth looking for discount codes online, Black Friday deals or trade in other games to reduce the cost.

It's not that I don't have more than 30 quid, it's just that I have a history of buying open world games at full pice playing them for a few hours and that's it- e.g Far cry and Assassins Creed

i see where you're coming from but i honestly have never played an open world game with so much to keep you interested, bethesda really know how to make a game.

Ive clocked up some hours on this over the weekend. Im level 11 and already found 2 Fatmans and a mini nuke. Barely touched the main story as im doing the sanctuary missions. I was struggling with weight and couldnt seem to keep it down until i found out i was carrying 12 of the same shotgun lol.

Loving it so far. Fallout 3 was brilliant and this takes it to the next level with the nice added things like assigning favourite weapons and the settlements. Also no level cap and you can increase the Special Stat when levelling up makes it much more playable. Wont be playing anything else for a while.

Father in law also gave me his old 50" TV so now my room looks tiny with that monster in it.

Apparently there is a game breaking bug in this.  Something to do with settlements.  PC version is affected, not sure about consoles.

yeah, im suffering from that, hopefully a patch wont be too long. its an area in boston that makes the game crash when you enter, after you complete a certain mission

Hows everyone doing on loading times?

I'm seeing a few people say that its unplayable after 48hours without an SSD, a high spin HHD and/or good RAM. Dont know how its going on console either but I remember NV was the same was on 360..

Dont think I could be arsed with the settlement building stuff myself, too much faff. A good feature but its like Viva Pinata or Farmville being tact into your game. Environmental personalisation is great but you shouldnt be forced into spinning flashing green and red boxes together if you dont wanna

I'm seeing a few people say that its unplayable after 48hours without an SSD, a high spin HHD and/or good RAM. Dont know how its going on console either but I remember NV was the same was on 360..

Dont think I could be arsed with the settlement building stuff myself, too much faff. A good feature but its like Viva Pinata or Farmville being tact into your game. Environmental personalisation is great but you shouldnt be forced into spinning flashing green and red boxes together if you dont wanna

You dont have to do the settlements at all if you dont want to. Its just an added extra which most likely unlocks extra missions etc. You could simply walk around killing everyone you see.

Loading times for me have been fine (PS4). Not had to wait too long at all and ive had no lag or glitches either.

Loading the game up is quite slow but in-game loading times are not that bad. My PS4 sounds like it's going to take off when I'm playing it, though. 'Whisper quiet', my arse.

Loading the game up is quite slow but in-game loading times are not that bad. My PS4 sounds like it's going to take off when I'm playing it, though. 'Whisper quiet', my arse.

Really? My PS4 is quiet as a mouse.

Had another go last night. Found my first super mutants and finally got to diamond city. Just brought my first house and put a pool table and basketball hoop inside.

Im focusing more on completing the minute men quests.

What perks have people been focusing on? Putting a couple of points into Lead Belly is a massive help.

Also has anyone done the mission in 'Covenant'? That seems like a strange mission. (obviously dont put spoilers in)

Found a 2nd mini nuke yesterday. Cant wait to use the Fatman.

Really? My PS4 is quiet as a mouse.

Had another go last night. Found my first super mutants and finally got to diamond city. Just brought my first house and put a pool table and basketball hoop inside.

Im focusing more on completing the minute men quests.

What perks have people been focusing on? Putting a couple of points into Lead Belly is a massive help.

Also has anyone done the mission in 'Covenant'? That seems like a strange mission. (obviously dont put spoilers in)

Found a 2nd mini nuke yesterday. Cant wait to use the Fatman.

The Covenant mission is the one I mentioned further up the thread. Bladerunner-esque in its thinking (you'll see what I mean) with a nod to F3. Let me know how you finish it in a spoiler tab, i'm interested in the moral descision people are taking.

Loving fallout 4,i have never got into the others before it, but I saw it had been cracked by devs on iptorrents and gave it a cheeky download. Quick install and bam, what a game. Loving the righteous justice rifle after helping the brotherhood at the police station early on,its a game changer lol.

:ph34r:

It was done on night of release I know that for a fact, some russian torrent that you install, go in and change the language settings in notepad.

I may have been BSing this whole time and clocked on about 50 hours over the past week, lvl 35 with my main buffs weapons, armor, lockpick/hacking and sneak perks; currently boosting intelligence to 9 so I can make power armor reasonable to use. The raiders are easily silenced with my 10mm pistol called Shadow, the mutants are getting a mix of Righteous Authority, a combat shotty called Gnasher and a 50cal Sniper called Longshot; a pipe machine gun with 2000 rounds mops the rest. Starting to see more of them badass mercs which mininuke me anytime I get near their radio tower far down south and the synth are easy to deal with from abit of exprience.

The game is a vast improvement on the last iterations and an absolute beauty of a game regardless. I advise anyone on the sides wondering if to get it - buy it, if you have an urge to hunt loot and shoot guns in an open and underground environment and have time to play with. A 9/10 game so far and I'm probably -40% through.

I went with D.B. Cooper