Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

anyone playing the dlc let us know if it's any good.

I downloaded it last night as I'd bought the season pass ages ago and didn't even realise the first DLC had come out yet. I haven't finished it yet but I think I'm pretty close to the end. I have to say it's a bit less than I was expecting tbh. The quests are all 'go to this place and kill some robots', the robot building is good, but yeh there is no way on earth this is worth a quarter of the price of the full game.

I downloaded it last night as I'd bought the season pass ages ago and didn't even realise the first DLC had come out yet. I haven't finished it yet but I think I'm pretty close to the end. I have to say it's a bit less than I was expecting tbh. The quests are all 'go to this place and kill some robots', the robot building is good, but yeh there is no way on earth this is worth a quarter of the price of the full game.

That's fallout all over really, go to X kill X/rescue X/retrieve X etc etc

I got it in the end (the whole pass), knew it was never going to be up to that much but the main update sounds ambitious and another game drought is on the horizon.

That's fallout all over really, go to X kill X/rescue X/retrieve X etc etc

I got it in the end (the whole pass), knew it was never going to be up to that much but the main update sounds ambitious and another game drought is on the horizon.

As it happens since playing the dlc I've got back into the game again and been playing it a fair bit just building my settlements up. So yeh the dlc didn't quiet meet my expectations, but it's got me playing the game again. Edited by MrSpaM

Are there any specific builds to go for when setting up your character from the start? Does it really matter? I went for as much balance as possible throughout the special traits but put none on luck. Kind of jack of all trades. Is it possible to level up the majority of areas on one play through without having to worry about whether you'll miss out on certain skills or not?

Played it a little, used the power armour in concord, vats never gets old.

Are there any specific builds to go for when setting up your character from the start? Does it really matter? I went for as much balance as possible throughout the special traits but put none on luck. Kind of jack of all trades. Is it possible to level up the majority of areas on one play through without having to worry about whether you'll miss out on certain skills or not?

It's really just go with whatever you want to as far as the build goes. The way the skills work is that you can only select certain ones if you have the correct amount of points in strength, intelligence, charisma etc. But unlike the other games where increasing your base stats was difficult and limited, you can choose to just add an extra point to them when you level up instead of picking a new skill. So if you find in a little while you only put two skill points into charisma and you are failing speech checks, you can decide to start using your level up points to increase your charisma a bit instead of choosing a  perk.

Since there is no level cap on the game for how high you can go, it basically means if you really want to, you can actually have every skill in the game if you put enough hours in.

I'd suggest putting a fair amount into strength early on just so you can level up the 'strong back' perk to get more inventory space

Edited by MrSpaM

I focused on maximising my revenue from the outset so I could buy what I wanted. VATS got left out in preference of sniping.

Has anybody managed to get the legendary leg armour? Constantly reloading after falling down a couple of flights is getting really old :D

It's really just go with whatever you want to as far as the build goes. The way the skills work is that you can only select certain ones if you have the correct amount of points in strength, intelligence, charisma etc. But unlike the other games where increasing your base stats was difficult and limited, you can choose to just add an extra point to them when you level up instead of picking a new skill. So if you find in a little while you only put two skill points into charisma and you are failing speech checks, you can decide to start using your level up points to increase your charisma a bit instead of choosing a  perk.

Since there is no level cap on the game for how high you can go, it basically means if you really want to, you can actually have every skill in the game if you put enough hours in.

I'd suggest putting a fair amount into strength early on just so you can level up the 'strong back' perk to get more inventory space

Perks like Strong Back I find are a waste of time. It doesn't take long to fast travel somewhere and dump/sell your stuff. I found on a hard difficulty a good perk to go for was Lead Belly so eating and drinking doesn't give you radiation. Makes life much easier. 

Also taking companions with you so you can dump stuff on them is a must on the harder setting.

also , take the perk that  gives you +50 carry and more damage resist when you have'nt got a follower, then  take a follower with you. when you get encumbered, give them all your junk and spare  weapons etc,  send them  away to home camp and carry on your way with the bonuses

• 4 weeks later...

Console Mods beta overview - looks like it's going to be implemented quite well and will add a lot of great content to the game. Looking forward to it!

What is he? Scouse, Welsh, American or a weird mix with all of them?

Honestly lost the will to play this a loooong time ago, didnt even finish the story but put a few hundred hours in.

Can somebody please explain what benefit setting up these settlements does for the single player campaign?

The only point to them really is to get lots of settlers and set up as many scavenger stations at them as you can, this way you are constantly getting basic items without having to go out and collect them yourself

Edited by MrSpaM

• 2 months later...

Have to say I'm disappointed in the dlc they have provided. Far harbour was a framerate mess but wasn't too bad. The workshops don't interest me and we only have nuka cola world left? Seems like they have shafted us in content. The mechanist one was very bare.

Fallout 3 and new Vegas had much better story dlc content and new weapons and armour etc. I guess as I'm on ps4 ill have wait for the mods to come (if they come at all due to problems).

Absolutely love this game! I have spent months on it and haven't even entered Diamond City yet! Gutted the mods have been delayed for PS4 though as that would have added even more hours to gameplay, I'd rather they make it stable though than release mod support broke

Al lthe DLC's nearly released, time to get my mods installed , break out the steam controller and actually complete this game.

Looking forward to the Vault-Tec DLC, Nuka-World should be fun aswell

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Frank_mckenzie said:

Anybody know how to get past the monorail in the nuka world dlc?

Not really sure what you mean mate :/

You catch the monorail, it takes you to nuka world, and you step out the doors onto the platform

I finished the DLC last night, must say by the end of it I thought it was the best out of the one's they've released. The locations in this one are all really varied and have good stories to them. Plus there's a chance at the end to completely turn the commonwealth upside down, which I'm contemplating at the moment.