Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
foxfanazer

Captain for next season?

Captain for next season?   

330 members have voted

  1. 1. Captain

    • Wes
      127
    • Huth (if he's here)
      45
    • Cambiasso (if here)
      136
    • Kasper
      12
    • Other
      10


Recommended Posts

Posted

Would you change captain for next season or would you keep Wes? As much as i like Morgan I'm not convinced he's a natural leader and motivator. If we sign Huth I think he'd be a great choice

Posted

I'd hope we bring in a better player than Morgan, meaning Morgan doesn't play every week. If that did happen then obviously the captaincy would go to someone else and my immediate choices would be either Huth or Cambiasso. Morgan to remain as club captain though.

Posted

Big Wes for me. Mr dependable, performs week in week out, just what a captain should do, captained us to record breaking promotion year & 14th in the Prem

 

I think Huth or Cambiasso are better captain material, but Cambiasso won't be here & I'd sooner Huth concentrate on what he's doing

 

Club legend Andy King though?

Posted

Big Wes for me. Mr dependable, performs week in week out, just what a captain should do, captained us to record breaking promotion year & 14th in the Prem

I think Huth or Cambiasso are better captain material, but Cambiasso won't be here & I'd sooner Huth concentrate on what he's doing

Club legend Andy King though?

Morgan Mr Dependable?

Performs week in, week out?

We must be supporting different teams.

Posted

Team spirit/atmosphere in the squad for several seasons now. Nige is doing a great job with that but I'm sure Morgan plays a big part as well. No reason not to believe he's a great club captain, he's done the job for a long time with us and Forest.

Posted

Team spirit/atmosphere in the squad for several seasons now. Nige is doing a great job with that but I'm sure Morgan plays a big part as well. No reason not to believe he's a great club captain, he's done the job for a long time with us and Forest.

Good points so I'd be happy to see him as club captain and someone else as team captain.
Posted

Morgan Mr Dependable?

Performs week in, week out?

We must be supporting different teams.

 

Obviously.

 

Apart from a couple of bad halves of football (which was a lot less than everyone else... Yes, even FT wank material like Schmeichel & Cambiasso), I can't recall performances that dropped below dependable. Huth certainly made a difference to our team, he was immense, as was Schmeichel after his injury & Cambiasso during the run-in. But over the season, I can't look beyond Morgan

 

Were it not for Morgan, we'd have been down by Easter & our remarkable upturn in form would have been meaningless.

 

If Morgan hadn't been faced with attempting to cover other people's fvck ups for a large part of the season like Schmeichel's pre-injury form, or we actually had midfielders who track opposition midfielders in & around our box, making it look like his errors then he'd be right up there among player of the season.

Posted

Wasn't intended as a Morgan bashing thread by the way. Think he's been fantastic for us overall and played a big part for us last season. This thread was purely based on judging who is the best character to lead us on the field

I have no reason to question Pearson's judgement though

Posted

Well first and foremost you need an outfield player that's captain material who's going to be playing every week. With James out, I can't think of anyone who fits the criteria. Cambiasso (if here) doesn't need the armband to lead, so no point giving it to him, especially as he'll not be here for long.

I don't think Morgan is the future, but he is the best we presently have.

Posted

Good points so I'd be happy to see him as club captain and someone else as team captain.

 

How does that work when he's on the pitch with (for example) Cambiasso as team captain? Doesn't the club captain usually take the main responsibility on the pitch as well? Fair enough giving an old head who won't always play the club captaincy but I think Morgan will be aiming to and expecting to start next season.

Any other clubs have a club captain that features regularly but someone else who wears the armband on the pitch?

Posted

Well first and foremost you need an outfield player that's captain material who's going to be playing every week. With James out, I can't think of anyone who fits the criteria. Cambiasso (if here) doesn't need the armband to lead, so no point giving it to him, especially as he'll not be here for long.

I don't think Morgan is the future, but he is the best we presently have.

 

This is kind of what I think. Why upset the balance? As you say, Cambi doesn't need the armband and I don't think there'd be anything to be gained from giving it to him. 

 

I can't think of anyone else within the rank who'd make a noticeable difference to the club or our performance. Stick with Morgan. 

Posted

How does that work when he's on the pitch with (for example) Cambiasso as team captain? Doesn't the club captain usually take the main responsibility on the pitch as well? Fair enough giving an old head who won't always play the club captaincy but I think Morgan will be aiming to and expecting to start next season.

Any other clubs have a club captain that features regularly but someone else who wears the armband on the pitch?

 

Remember Oakley and Wellens too, they were club captain despite being losing their place in the side, and the armband would be with someone else, but if they started or came on they would take over the armband.

 

I think it would send the wrong message for Morgan to be stripped of the captaincy, he was pretty much ever present last season and if we maintain this formation and don't sign 3 world class CBs (starting with Huth) I don't see him being dropped. Should he get a long term injury or a loss of form and lose his place then we can start discussing other options but after last seasons successes and failures, but ultimately it has to be classed as a success there is no reason to change things for the start of next season.

Posted

Obviously.

Apart from a couple of bad halves of football (which was a lot less than everyone else... Yes, even FT wank material like Schmeichel & Cambiasso), I can't recall performances that dropped below dependable. Huth certainly made a difference to our team, he was immense, as was Schmeichel after his injury & Cambiasso during the run-in. But over the season, I can't look beyond Morgan

Were it not for Morgan, we'd have been down by Easter & our remarkable upturn in form would have been meaningless.

If Morgan hadn't been faced with attempting to cover other people's fvck ups for a large part of the season like Schmeichel's pre-injury form, or we actually had midfielders who track opposition midfielders in & around our box, making it look like his errors then he'd be right up there among player of the season.

Yet strangely he look terrified once again when Huth went off injured.
Posted

Wesmund.

 

There’s more than one way to be a leader. Cambiasso is very vocal but I can imagine he sometimes gets on the players tits constantly telling them what to do whilst pointing at different areas of the pitch.

 

A captain should lead by example, but shouldn’t be someone that the other players are in awe of.

 

Andy King is a good shout though. He should be sub-captain.

Posted

I did think he was pretty calamitous during a large part of the season but taking it away from Morgan would disrupt the team.

 

I think his calm, presence and physical strength benefit the team. He doesn't shout like the others, but instead he has that 'x factor' that brings the team together.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...