Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NeilLCFC

WTF is going on?!

it is clear now - they want high 1st team top 10 quality not just to start games but in every position on the bench and even with some of equal quality not making the bench.

Hammond is the only exception and I think he signed damn quick when he realised his contract offer may get withdrawn if he hesitated.

this puts at risk many such as Nugent, drinkwater, Maybe even Morgan, etc

I think their ambition is greater than we can comprehend

Interesting post. NP of course will a) have stayed loyal to the existing team and b) have argued that success is achieved incrementally and that a rash of big signings who could not easily be absorbed would disrupt the team.

That would indeed be a difference in perspective. I would tend to agree withe the NP point of view but really, what do I know? I would live to be proved wrong...

So we could surmise that his sacking was nothing to do with his son but all to do with how the club was run on the football side with Rudkin as a fully fledge Director of Football responsible for every aspect of the football side of the club including player acquisitions except picking the 1st team. I'd suggest that's what pissed of Pearson  he may have won the battle to get rid of Robinson but lost the battle of Rudkin.

Just a thought.

WTF did you think they would do? Panic? hide? Cease to function as a club?

We have identified targets and will not wait and see what happens. It is commonplace these days and how most clubs are run, hopefully the targets have been identified to complement our footballing philosophy.

Yeah, becauwe signing 7 players per transfer window always works!

If we are not careful we could end up like QPR!

I don't know what has happened to us since the new owners have come in. We have always been in the spotlight. In the previous five years to 2010 we barely got any exposure. 

You what?

This the same Leicester that almost went bust, has been yo-yoing between leagues like it was out of fashion, has previously been owned by Mr self publicity Milan Manderic, that had the La Manga thing, the other not La Manga thing, the club who has had recent self publicising managers such as Dave Basset, Martin Allen and Ian Holloway?

This club is never out of the spotlight.

Yeah, becauwe signing 7 players per transfer window always works!

If we are not careful we could end up like QPR!

It is not about numbers it is about identifying the right players to improve the squad and doing what we can to sign them.

The risk is a new man might want to bring in his own targets, which is where the club need to be strong about their approach and not let Guus or Big Sam or anyone else make demands over players that don't fit our philosophy.

So we could surmise that his sacking was nothing to do with his son but all to do with how the club was run on the football side with Rudkin as a fully fledge Director of Football responsible for every aspect of the football side of the club including player acquisitions except picking the 1st team. I'd suggest that's what pissed of Pearson he may have won the battle to get rid of Robinson but lost the battle of Rudkin.

Just a thought.

Rudkin really has carved a bloody niche for himself hasn't he....

ANOTHER striker!

I like attacking football but this is taking the piss!

Nugent probably on the way if so. Walsh probably identified that we need a more deadly finisher which is a fair assessment.

I'm all for upgrading what we have. 

Nugent probably on the way if so. Walsh probably identified that we need a more deadly finisher which is a fair assessment.

I'm all for upgrading what we have.

Yes, but we've got now 24m of talent up front and a new England international. Upgrading is not a priority, that front line is fine for another year

It is not about numbers it is about identifying the right players to improve the squad and doing what we can to sign them.

The risk is a new man might want to bring in his own targets, which is where the club need to be strong about their approach and not let Guus or Big Sam or anyone else make demands over players that don't fit our philosophy.

Let's hope we have a philosophy and that it's based on a style of football that  matches any manager's that we get and that it's not just of philosophy of splashing the cash just to attract attention. If the playing philosophy is different to Pearson's approach then we're in for some big squad changes and that in itself can prove  harmful.

Only time will tell.

Yes, but we've got now 24m of talent up front and a new England international. Upgrading is not a priority, that front line is fine for another year

The value of the players we have up front means nothing.  Chelsea had 40m of talent in one player a while back and how did that work out for them over a couple of seasons?

Upgrading is always a priority, or else how does a team get better?

Last season, the dozen or so games aside where we were quite decent, we couldn't hit a barn door with Nuge, Vardy, Ulloa and to a lesser extent Kram.  Yes we played well in a lot of games we lost or drew, but the reason for that more often than not was out of form strikers.

The value of the players we have up front means nothing. Chelsea had 40m of talent in one player a while back and how did that work out for them over a couple of seasons?

Upgrading is always a priority, or else how does a team get better?

Last season, the dozen or so games aside where we were quite decent, we couldn't hit a barn door with Nuge, Vardy, Ulloa and to a lesser extent Kram.

Ok, let's rephrase that - we've got Japans third top scorer of all time, a hotly rated croat with a 1 in 2 strike rate for his country desired by a few big teams and a striker that, despite lacking service, notched 13 in his firstseason in the division. We're not struggling upfront for quality and don't need to spend our budget on it

Ok, let's rephrase that - we've got Japans third top scorer of all time, a hotly rated croat with a 1 in 2 strike rate for his country desired by a few big teams and a striker that, despite lacking service, notched 13 in his firstseason in the division. We're not struggling upfront for quality and don't need to spend our budget on it

Somebody has to be going, and I mean someone other than Nugent. That's the only way I can see that we'd do this.

I'm all for our scouts and walsh continuing to pick players, but as Davie points out. The players have to fit in with the next managers style, if he was a big target man there is no point in signing a short arse who is quick and visa versa.

Nugent has one year left, unlikely to sign a new contract I wouldn't think so we probably think we can probably make a couple of million back on him.

Nugent looks like last seasons Wood. Loan move now with a permo move at the end of the season

But no one knows what our budget is?

And as others have said, Austin coming in may mean 1 or 2 out which balances the books somewhat.  There is no denying that Austin is an upgrade on anything we had striker wise last season.  Yes its a large amount of money to cough up in an area where yes, we appear to be quite strong.  But its not money down the drain.  If we got a striker that scored 18 premier league goals last season for the bottom team for £15 million, thats very very good business no matter how you look at it.

Let's not go overboard on Charlie Austin, aye? Darren Bent scored a lot of goals once.

Fundamentally, I'm not interested in flavour of the month players like most fans.

That's why during Nigel's reign we looked at individuals that could improve the TEAM as opposed to their own stats.

That's not to say Austin wouldn't be a good addition, but who knows whether he would be the right character to fit into our team and philosophy (which seems like its being ripped up before our very eyes).

Nugent looks like last seasons Wood. Loan move now with a permo move at the end of the season

If he's in the last year of his contract, we'll be trying to flog him. Not much point in loaning him out and then losing him on a free.

Somebody has to be going, and I mean someone other than Nugent. That's the only way I can see that we'd do this.

I'm all for our scouts and walsh continuing to pick players, but as Davie points out. The players have to fit in with the next managers style, if he was a big target man there is no point in signing a short arse who is quick and visa versa.

Covering all bases, keep signing strikers and the new bloke is bound to like some of them....

216 goals in 350 appearances suggests he isn't just flavour of the month for me.

At 25, he still has years ahead of good football and if he did do well for us, we would more than likely make money if he did leave.

I am all for upgrading every position we can and I don't believe that just because we are spending money on strikers, doesn't mean we won't spend elsewhere (e.g Kante)

Skysports just showed Austin compared to our strikers last season and that should say it all.

And as for spending our budget, who has any idea what our budget is?  Top could have given Walsh and Rudkin 50million to play with for all we know.

These guys want European football and so maybe people should start getting used to us spending this kind of money and upgrading some of our regulars.

Archived