Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NeilLCFC

WTF is going on?!

it is clear now - they want high 1st team top 10 quality not just to start games but in every position on the bench and even with some of equal quality not making the bench.

Hammond is the only exception and I think he signed damn quick when he realised his contract offer may get withdrawn if he hesitated.

this puts at risk many such as Nugent, drinkwater, Maybe even Morgan, etc

I think their ambition is greater than we can comprehend 

Think of all those poor bu99ers that support ordinary teams!!!!

So we could surmise that his sacking was nothing to do with his son but all to do with how the club was run on the football side with Rudkin as a fully fledge Director of Football responsible for every aspect of the football side of the club including player acquisitions except picking the 1st team. I'd suggest that's what pissed of Pearson he may have won the battle to get rid of Robinson but lost the battle of Rudkin.

Just a thought.

This

I'm just hoping that we don't turn into another QPR  :unsure: 

Not unless we run out of money or they get bored.

What most of you seem to forget is that under NP we had huge periods of being garbage, including three quarters of last season. The refusal to play Albrighton, the lack of a decent centre back until Huth came (was that his decision?) the playing of Schwartzer for a bunch of games where we looked League One standard again at the back this season and then the atrocious collapse in the pre promotion season that cost us promotion, the wasted season after he came back from Hull - the ridiculous sitting in the stand while the ship was going down and then add all the amateur handling of press, the McCarthy incident - this is not a stable man we are talking about - bolt on a lack of control and respect from junior players (can you imagine Man Utd juniors doing something like this) and you can build a pretty strong case for 'get rid' especially if a major name like Hiddink has shown interest.

Me , I think I'm on record of never really having liked him - we deserve better

Deserve better?

It's a results business, not a performance one, and Nigel has done very well considering it was his first season in the PL!

Think some fans expect much; I'd much rather we're 14/17th for another season or so rather than aim where Swansea/Southampton are - too much ambition in the short-term will put pressure on the team.

Despite his team selection criticism and style-of-play at times, Nigel has earnt the club millions and gave the club excellent reputation at the end of the season (before his sacking).

Think Swansea's balloon will pop and will struggle personally.

what's going on is that one of our best ever managers has been booted out for no reason whilst our best ever player has casually become a free agent and doesn't look like resigning and it's all just very upsetting but apparently it's ambition lol 

Shambles. It's all well and good saying the scouting team identify the players but surely the manager has to give the okay that he actually wants them? Losing more faith as the days go by.

Not necessarily. I was once appointed manager of a team which was entirely chosen by someone else. I didn't know any of the players beforehand and could never have chosen such a squad because the person who did knew the available players far better than me

All I had to do was organise and coach a system of play then maintain the players' focus, concentration and understanding of what they were trying to do. Easiest job I ever had!            

What most of you seem to forget is that under NP we had huge periods of being garbage, including three quarters of last season. The refusal to play Albrighton, the lack of a decent centre back until Huth came (was that his decision?) the playing of Schwartzer for a bunch of games where we looked League One standard again at the back this season and then the atrocious collapse in the pre promotion season that cost us promotion, the wasted season after he came back from Hull - the ridiculous sitting in the stand while the ship was going down and then add all the amateur handling of press, the McCarthy incident - this is not a stable man we are talking about - bolt on a lack of control and respect from junior players (can you imagine Man Utd juniors doing something like this) and you can build a pretty strong case for 'get rid' especially if a major name like Hiddink has shown interest.

Me , I think I'm on record of never really having liked him - we deserve better

The reality is that we've progressed every season we've had Pearson at the helm. Your post focuses on the little things rather than the big things because you want to find reasons to attack him. All the evidence you've cited doesn't change the fact that we've progressed considerably as a result of our previous manager.

One has to wonder if you really want what's best for the club if you prioritise trivial issues like PR over important issues like promotion and PL survival.

what's going on is that one of our best ever managers has been booted out for no reason whilst our best ever player has casually become a free agent and doesn't look like resigning and it's all just very upsetting but apparently it's ambition lol

Life goes on though mate maybe we might get a better manager and cambiasso will be replaced and we may even have a better side in the future. Try to be a bit more positive my mate you may feel better for it.

Life goes on though mate maybe we might get a better manager and cambiasso will be replaced and we may even have a better side in the future. Try to be a bit more positive my mate you may feel better for it.

we won't and he won't and i won't 

didnt someone say we had 2 plus Cambi lined up for this week! Chaz and Kunty?!  :nigel:  :wes:

I said it a rumour from the TG but thought the deals were all but sealed.

Not fresh bids and was said Nige had played a big part in the deals but hey.

Seriously worrying. Owners trying to call the shots re: signings...not good. Especially in a position we've just strengthened!

Things could be about to get ugly. So hope i'm wrong.

Seriously worrying. Owners trying to call the shots re: signings...not good. Especially in a position we've just strengthened!

Things could be about to get ugly. So hope i'm wrong.

They're not - an yes you are

Haven't read the whole thread. So is this just unfounded rumour? Or have we hired a manager without me noticing??

I think it's more of a case of Rudkin and Walsh following through with their targets that they have probably been scouting/considering for months now and only input owners have is to give the green light on what they can spend.

As none of us really know, I find that a more plausible theory than the owners have decided they are going to sign who they want and ignore Walsh and Rudkin..

Haven't read the whole thread. So is this just unfounded rumour? Or have we hired a manager without me noticing??

That's a matter of hundreds of pages of conjecture and scores of threads. The Shirivaddhanaprabha's approve recruitment based on Rudkin's referrals through Walsh. The extent of Nigel's involvement is pure speculation and likely varied with every deal.

Let's not go overboard on Charlie Austin, aye? Darren Bent scored a lot of goals once.

Fundamentally, I'm not interested in flavour of the month players like most fans.

That's why during Nigel's reign we looked at individuals that could improve the TEAM as opposed to their own stats.

That's not to say Austin wouldn't be a good addition, but who knows whether he would be the right character to fit into our team and philosophy (which seems like its being ripped up before our very eyes).

Well in his case it would not be a risk we would know more about him than any other player we have signed.

Rudkin "Jamie can you pop into my office a minute"

Vardy " No probs whats on your mind"

Rudkin "You spent 10 days with Austin whats he like"

Vardy "Great lad would fit in here like a glove"

Rudkin "Give him a txt see if he would be interested in coming here"

Vardy "But don't we have enough strikers here already"

Rudkin "We did have but Villa have just offered us 15m for you. Anyway just call him for us please"

Archived