Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

Just heard journo predict terrible season for leicester fans and certain relegation pointing out impressive cv but lack of success overall- another felix magath , will bring in his own staff, italian signings- basically fueling the fire of negativity in the media alreday. had the cheek to suggest dyche would be a better choice.  who knows he may flop but lets give him a chance

Claudio has a lot more knowledge of managing in english football than Bilic or advocaat, so why all the press hate. Those two welcomed with open arms. All journo's care about is sell papers, truth and balance goes put the window.

When we finish above Sunderland and West Ham, no doubt the press will say how lucky he was.

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

Agree entirely Col, I do however reserve the right to remind you of this post when you are calling for his head in November!

Right before I get started Pearson did a great job but he's gone so lets leave that in the past.

Ranieri wouldn't have been my first choice, but tough sh!t to everyone and myself, he is our manager.

And for these 'pundits' saying it's bad move, what the f@@@ do they really know? Lineker, Cottee and Savage plus journalists? They should give the guy a bloody chance before slagging him off straight away. His record is pretty decent. yeh he has had some failures but he's 63, there aren't too many managers who have been managing for thirty years who haven't been sacked at some point.

HE MIGHT do sh1te, but hey he may do brilliant, who knows? For those with short terms memories, or who weren't even there for when we were in league one six years ago, enjoy the ride things have been a lot worse, a lot worse. the only reason we are in such a healthy state on and off the pitch is because of our owners so give em some credit...

back to me Heinekens...

and as for lineker savage scowcroft etc. Will they really give a shit anyway?

Does anyone think that sky have it in for us following the dorsellators enforced retraction following the phantom sacking? All interviews are anti CR. Very bitter. Hardly a positive note.

Should have heard what they said on talk sport at 9.30pm - we are nailed on for relegation apparently.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance.

This is not what Foxestalk is about.

We must not allow our whims of thought trains be infiltrated by facts and the ability to give people time to prove our theories wrong. We must make snap decisions and judgements and hold them true to us regardless of what may happen further down the line, after all we all know our first instinct is right at least 90% of the time, except for the 40% of the time when its not...

So go forth people, criticise to your hearts content so you can say "I told you so" in the end, because let's face it, nothing is forever!

I won't be shouting and screaming his name on the first day of the season, nor will I be judging him too early and being negative. I will wait to see how the early season develops before I 'get behind him.' The players will always get my support.

Still almost 3 weeks on I'm disappointed with the way this saga has played out, which is why I'm waiting a while to pass judgement. What is for certain is I will be negative towards the owners more than Claudio should it go tits up.

Just heard journo predict terrible season for leicester fans and certain relegation pointing out impressive cv but lack of success overall- another felix magath , will bring in his own staff, italian signings- basically fueling the fire of negativity in the media alreday. had the cheek to suggest dyche would be a better choice. who knows he may flop but lets give him a chance

Heard that drivel as well- writes for the Sun- what do you expect- lies and more lies.

Sack an English manager an replace him with an old foreigner and we'll get stick.

Should have gave it Arry.

trust me. He wanted it. All fits in now. We make an austin bid. We want a manager. Up pops harry to big him up. Nasty tweet about CR when hes appointed. Would swear he chucked his hat in the ring. Rich owners equals lots of transfer money to spend.lol

The last two seasons have been unbelievable, jesus, in the promotion season I lost the plot and ran on the pitch when we lost 1-4 to Brighton. It doesn't seem too long ago we were having to dish out scores like that to Cheltenham, and here we are supporting a thread for our new manager Claudio Ranieri - hired by our billionaire owners.

I'm with you col, the fans support is integral to the teams success - LET'S BLOW THE ROOF OFF.

I'm baffled by the number of people in the media saying it was a complete surprise, as if his appointment has come out of nowhere.

He's been amongst the favourites with the bookies for over a week, so hardly a surprise.

I can see why the owners want him, or at least someone of his ilk. They're ambitious, they're bankrolling it, and they want more than the club being known for all the wrong reasons. Pearson was beginning to get annoying. Very few supporters of other clubs liked him because of his manner.

You can't argue with the final league position and the season run- in. That's all people remember though. There's every chance that if NP had remained in the job, we wouldn't have been dreadful like we were for the majority of last season. It's funny how people only remember the past 9 games!

In the global footballing world, NP will always be small time and while he did his job in getting us to where we are, we do need more to go that bit further. It's no different from signing players to get you out of the Championship, but replacing them once promoted.

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

Not reading the whole thread.

But seen many managers and in one way expect to see many more.

He is not MON or Nige But hope in time he is better.

We will only know with hind sight but right now he has my backing.

Not reading the whole thread.

But seen many managers and in one way expect to see many more.

He is not MON or Nige But hope in time he is better.

We will only know with hind sight but right now he has my backing.

I agree Sylo he definately isn't MON but for now he has to have our backing

I'm baffled by the number of people in the media saying it was a complete surprise, as if his appointment has come out of nowhere.

He's been amongst the favourites with the bookies for over a week, so hardly a surprise.

I can see why the owners want him, or at least someone of his ilk. They're ambitious, they're bankrolling it, and they want more than the club being known for all the wrong reasons. Pearson was beginning to get annoying. Very few supporters of other clubs liked him because of his manner.

You can't argue with the final league position and the season run- in. That's all people remember though. There's every chance that if NP had remained in the job, we wouldn't have been dreadful like we were for the majority of last season. It's funny how people only remember the past 9 games!

In the global footballing world, NP will always be small time and while he did his job in getting us to where we are, we do need more to go that bit further. It's no different from signing players to get you out of the Championship, but replacing them once promoted.

Very good post. Get behind Claudio!

I haven't read all of the various Ranieri/Cambiasso threads so don't know if this has been suggested, but an experienced, reasonably successful manager could be the ideal mentor to a young future manager.. i.e. Esteban?

Yeah, as a fellow Old Codger, I say definitely give Claudio a chance. Let's be optimistic - the owners could have chosen Big Dick!

No? Big Dick Penniss is the hero of a new footie book, Big Dick's Little Black Book, that I stumbled across on Amazon. Very funny, very rude, great little read. (There's even several mentions of Leicester and Nigel).

If Claudio can pull off a Big Dick, as it were … well, there's hope yet!

Archived