Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

Yes - let's back him

But....

what's the best possible outcome with Ranieri in charge?

- complete change of team, to one based on possession football? - that's going to take eighteen months minimum

- Ranieri has had 9 jobs in eleven years

- survival this year - at best - those who talk about top 10 football are morons - we have no leadership, no football philosophy, no transfers to meet that ideas

- he somehow doesn't piss off the existing team - unlikley they are professional footballers

- he buys some underrated world beating footballers based on his extensive contacts - Greece? losing to the Faroe Islands, you can't get a lower rep

so of course he will start with my support, but the best we can expect is a Taylor-like flare up the table - remember it was under the worst manager in living memory we went top of the league -followed by a decline that included Dennis Wise.

So that's my one positive Ranieri got rid of Wise at Chelsea

Yeah, as a fellow Old Codger, I say definitely give Claudio a chance. Let's be optimistic - the owners could have chosen Big Dick!

No? Big Dick Penniss is the hero of a new footie book, Big Dick's Little Black Book, that I stumbled across on Amazon. Very funny, very rude, great little read. (There's even several mentions of Leicester and Nigel).

If Claudio can pull off a Big Dick, as it were … well, there's hope yet!

Hmm would I be right in thinking that you might know the author?

If he doesn't play with pace and excitement then he's going to have problems as many do not want to see the boring Italian style here

Italian football had more goals per game last season than PL football.

Yeah - can't wait for us to play like we did in many games last season - badly!

If we can mix it up we will be ok. We were too predictable last season and when teams really needed to stop us playing, they did.

Isn't Ranieri about the same age as O'Neill? Didn't see many suggesting MON was too old.

I think Ranieri will do well. Likes to build a team. Will have my 100% support.

Can't believe some idiots saying he's not good enough. Could have had Coterill or Duche. People

Isn't Ranieri about the same age as O'Neill? Didn't see many suggesting MON was too old.

I think Ranieri will do well. Likes to build a team. Will have my 100% support.

Can't believe some idiots saying he's not good enough. Could have had Coterill or Duche. People

But he only finished 2nd in France, the man's obviously not good enough for Leicester.

Leicester born and bred now living in Spain foxestalk keeps me in touch with my beloved football club. In the 46 years iv supported the club I've seen many new managers come and go some inspired some odd, some I thought would do well did not and vice versa.

I think we have to give Claudio a chance and let's see where the journey takes us.

As I watched comments on here last season Pearson went from the majority wanting him sacked to club hero.We will prob never know how far he may have taken us or how difficult the atmosphere within the club had become.

Either way he's gone we have a very experienced manager who will attract better calibre players, let's strap in and enjoy the ride!!

Ranieri will feel like one of the gladiators of the Colisseum he'll have seen so often because he's facing execution from the fans' two-edged sword of Pearson and MON in the sort of unbalanced contest so typical of the cruel days of the old Roman Empire.

Some fans clearly have their thumbs down already where Ranieri's concerned. And yet, he seems the best choice for what our owners seem to have in mind for the future of our club.  

MON had his chance to build a dynasty at Leicester but moved on. Pearson loved managing this club but couldn't raise himself above the antics going on around him to retain the managerial dignity required by his bosses.  

That's the reality and the club now needs its fans to get behind the guy appointed. I'm the last person to support boring, "Italian-style" football and I don't suppose our owners want it either.

So Ranieri would be a fool to go down that route although there's a huge difference between the fast passing and moving of teams like  Barcelona and the sort of Ray Wilkins football that would lure any spectator to sleep.

Hopefully Ranieri can find the right balance and sign the sort of exciting players he's already uncovered in the past - and the least he deserves is proper support from the fans in trying to do so.        

Ranieri will feel like one of the gladiators of the Colisseum he'll have seen so often because he's facing execution from the fans' two-edged sword of Pearson and MON in the sort of unbalanced contest so typical of the cruel days of the old Roman Empire.

Some fans clearly have their thumbs down already where Ranieri's concerned. And yet, he seems the best choice for what our owners seem to have in mind for the future of our club.

MON had his chance to build a dynasty at Leicester but moved on. Pearson loved managing this club but couldn't raise himself above the antics going on around him to retain the managerial dignity required by his bosses.

That's the reality and the club now needs its fans to get behind the guy appointed. I'm the last person to support boring, "Italian-style" football either and I don't suppose our owners want it either.

So Ranieri would be a fool to go down that route although there's a huge difference between the fast passing and moving of teams like Barcelona and the sort of Ray Wilkins football that would lure any spectator to sleep.

Hopefully Ranieri can find the right balance and sign the sort of exciting players he's already uncovered in the past - and the least he dserves is proper support from the fans in trying to do so.

Great post Thrac

Up the Foxes

Absolutely give him a chance. I've been astonished by such a negative reaction from so many, including many of our old players. Get behind the fella and give him a go.

I wouldn't be that astonished by the negative comments

That said yes let's all get behind the new manager and support him to the hilt

A high profile manager who will hopefully take us forward. The only point I am worried about is his reputation for tinkering. I think he will be able to attract some quality players to the club. With his knowledge of european players we should all be excited. Welcome to the club Claudio.

A high profile manager who will hopefully take us forward. The only point I am worried about is his reputation for tinkering. I think he will be able to attract some quality players to the club. With his knowledge of european players we should all be excited. Welcome to the club Claudio.

I think overall there are more positives than negatives so in Claudio we should trust

Absolutely give him a chance.  I've been astonished by such a negative reaction from so many, including many of our old players.  Get behind the fella and give him a go.

I agree. The media only seemed to have interviewed those that played under MON, and who have a loyalty to both him and Lennon.

This is going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride as always at City

Onwards and upwards

Up the Foxes!!!!!

I think the key is to keep an open mind.

I think that's essential.

Who knows? Ranieri could take us further than Pearson could (or vice verca).

The point, for me, is he's now our boss. Pearson has gone. So give him a chance, get behind him and the players and simply see what happens.

The fear I have is say we lose the first game, there will be people on here writing how Pearson should never have been dismissed, Ranieri was a bad choice. I told you so...etc.

Which of course, would be balls. Pearson lost plenty of games last season too and before it all came right, there were times it was far from pretty.

No, give him a chance, have some patience and let's just see.

I think the key is to keep an open mind.

I think that's essential.

Who knows? Ranieri could take us further than Pearson could (or vice verca).

The point, for me, is he's now our boss. Pearson has gone. So give him a chance, get behind him and the players and simply see what happens.

The fear I have is say we lose the first game, there will be people on here writing how Pearson should never have been dismissed, Ranieri was a bad choice. I told you so...etc.

Which of course, would be balls. Pearson lost plenty of games last season too and before it all came right, there were times it was far from pretty.

No, give him a chance, have some patience and let's just see.

Indeed Col

Up the Foxes

Up the Ranieri . . . . So to speak lol

Archived