Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

The Liverpool fan at work immediately set to making out what a negative appointment we'd made.  I took great pleasure walking him through Ranieri's previous successes and so far decent transfer record, then using that point to change the subject to Rodgers'  spending record as well as throwing in the old "weren't you the lot who forked out 35million for Carroll?". :D

The Liverpool fan at work immediately set to making out what a negative appointment we'd made. I took great pleasure walking him through Ranieri's previous successes and so far decent transfer record, then using that point to change the subject to Rodgers' spending record as well as throwing in the old "weren't you the lot who forked out 35million for Carroll?". :D

lol

For any negative comment an opposition fan can make, there's usually a better one lurking round the corner.

Paying 14.5 mill for Balotelli springs to mind.

lol

For any negative comment an opposition fan can make, there's usually a better one lurking round the corner.

Paying 14.5 mill for Balotelli springs to mind.

Don't laugh too quickly.  :ph34r:

And Ranieri revealed he would like to coach Balotelli one day.

"I would welcome Balotelli with open arms," Ranieri said in an interview with Corriere dello Sport. "He is a formidable talent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/italy/8888169/Mario-Balotelli-draws-praise-from-Inter-Milan-coach-Claudio-Ranieri-after-Italy-form.html

Don't laugh too quickly. :ph34r:

"I would welcome Balotelli with open arms," Ranieri said in an interview with Corriere dello Sport. "He is a formidable talent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/italy/8888169/Mario-Balotelli-draws-praise-from-Inter-Milan-coach-Claudio-Ranieri-after-Italy-form.html

Balotelli is a formidable talent, but he's not very much use in a system where the forwards have plenty of work to do, on and off the ball, and all over the pitch.

Pretty sure you slated Sven rather early Mr pot kettle.

This a new Col, he's turned a new leaf. No more ridiculous statements and generalisations. We need to forget all that's been said in the past (especially last season!) and move on.

This is a new slate Babs, let's support Col and see what he can do. I mean Ranieri! Let's see what he can do.

LCFC fans, myself included need to remember we are not the poor relations anymore making do with 2nd rate Managers getting the best out of normal players.

Its a new beginning and the type of manager in the Claudio mold may well be with us for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to Claudio and the whole team.

Don't laugh too quickly. :ph34r:

"I would welcome Balotelli with open arms," Ranieri said in an interview with Corriere dello Sport. "He is a formidable talent.

Oh my Christ...!

lol

I so hate this but do agree with the OP and had to +1 it.

Why the fvck did Col city fan have to be the OP.

I do so hate agreeing with him and having to say Col your right for once.

For once!

Don't be daft Welly!

lol

In all sincerity, I'm getting quite excited at the thought of the new season starting.

There's been so much speculation etc. We need to be discussing matches again.

I think the key is to keep an open mind.

I think that's essential.

Who knows? Ranieri could take us further than Pearson could (or vice verca).

The point, for me, is he's now our boss. Pearson has gone. So give him a chance, get behind him and the players and simply see what happens.

The fear I have is say we lose the first game, there will be people on here writing how Pearson should never have been dismissed, Ranieri was a bad choice. I told you so...etc.

Which of course, would be balls. Pearson lost plenty of games last season too and before it all came right, there were times it was far from pretty.

No, give him a chance, have some patience and let's just see.

Just because a lot of us are doubting the appointment does not mean we won't giive him a chance, however the King Power will be an interesting place on match day if we are bottom 3 after 10 or so games.Might test your patience then or will he be allowed more latitude than Pearson because of his so called international pedigree.

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

There's nothing unclear about sacking NP for Hiddink only to get turned down

Anyway, a big test of where we're headed will be if Cambiasso re-signs, if he has the confidence in him to play under him again, then I guess I should as well.

Not because I worship Cambiasso despite his stellar final quarter of the season (after an indifferent & vastly overrated 1st 3/4s) but I believe it will be the best judge we have from the outside.

I think he's grossly unsuited to this league as it is today & his style is even more unsuited to our lightning fast, unplayable counters, than his supposedly pedestrian defensive possession style,&this is nothing to do with smarting from NP's dismissal.

Let's hope things work out and if they do, & if his post-Chelsea record is anything to go by we'll be better off sacking him next summer because his 2nd season (as he builds his own squad) record is appalling

Archived