Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

West Ham

£45 is scandalous really. Hopefully will be much cheaper next season as there should be some huge away allocations at the Olympic Stadium.

Unlikely. If people are happy enought to shell out for the "novelty" of a last visit to Upton Park, then surely they'll be willing to part with the same (or more) for the "novelty" of a new ground too.

Unlikely. If people are happy enought to shell out for the "novelty" of a last visit to Upton Park, then surely they'll be willing to part with the same (or more) for the "novelty" of a new ground too.

Maybe. I know from looking through the West Ham forums that they are appalled that they may end up punting on 8,000 tickets each week to the visitors and are naturally concerned about the effect it may have on their atmosphere.

It is a lovely stadium, but not ideally suited for football. Even in football mode there are still some long distances to the pitch. In fact the stadium will have over 70,000 seats but West Ham (for now) are restricted to 54,000. The top half dozen rows are deemed to be too far from the pitch by UEFA guidelines and will just be tarped over.

if I had some spare references do I give them out in a pm or buy the tickets and get the reciever to ping over cash ??

Buy, get them to send cash, inc covering postage, if they want tickets that much.

Once you give out a ref, you are asking for trouble in the wrong hands. Plus they may struggle to get them posted to a different address.

Nah. New grounds are shit. Never been to Upton Park.

It is a lovely stadium, but not ideally suited for football. Even in football mode there are still some long distances to the pitch. In fact the stadium will have over 70,000 seats but West Ham (for now) are restricted to 54,000. The top half dozen rows are deemed to be too far from the pitch by UEFA guidelines and will just be tarped over.

lol what a shambles.

Imagine leaving a lovely ground like Upton Park for that shit.

Tickets still available online for this?

lol what a shambles.

Imagine leaving a lovely ground like Upton Park for that shit.

Tickets still available online for this?

I wouldn't say the OS is a shit ground. But if you were designing a 54000 seater football stadium from scratch I think you could come up with a much more compact design. I went for the Athletics last weeks and the view reminded me of the old Wembley from the Upper Tier. I was talking to a steward who spotted my son's Leicester shirt and introduced himself as a West Ham fan. He told me he fondly remembered going to watch West Ham play us at Filbert Street. He said most Hammers grudgingly accept that the Olympic Stadium is far from perfect but hopefully tickets will be cheaper and more easily available and they feel this is the only way they can move to a larger stadium to compete with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea..

Location wise, it's brilliant and will be good for visiting fans.

They are currently transforming the seating configuration from Athletics mode to "Football/Rugby" mode in readiness for the Rugby World Cup (where incidentally, tickets start from £35 compared with the £75 at Leicester) so Hammers fans will get their first real chance to judge what it will look like for them.

I like the way this hasn't sold out yet. Maybe we're starting to turn a corner and people aren't just blindly paying whatever clubs tell them to. 

we won't be the first club this season who don't sell their allocation to upton park at them prices. 

I wouldn't say the OS is a shit ground. But if you were designing a 54000 seater football stadium from scratch I think you could come up with a much more compact design. I went for the Athletics last weeks and the view reminded me of the old Wembley from the Upper Tier. I was talking to a steward who spotted my son's Leicester shirt and introduced himself as a West Ham fan. He told me he fondly remembered going to watch West Ham play us at Filbert Street. He said most Hammers grudgingly accept that the Olympic Stadium is far from perfect but hopefully tickets will be cheaper and more easily available and they feel this is the only way they can move to a larger stadium to compete with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea..

Location wise, it's brilliant and will be good for visiting fans.

They are currently transforming the seating configuration from Athletics mode to "Football/Rugby" mode in readiness for the Rugby World Cup (where incidentally, tickets start from £35 compared with the £75 at Leicester) so Hammers fans will get their first real chance to judge what it will look like for them.

You see for me, THE most important thing is how close it is to the pitch (along with not having thousands of empty seats).

It probably is fine for athletics but I'm talking about a football stadium here, and in that sense the Olympic Stadium will be absolutely terrible.

It couldn't be a worse fit for football - too big, miles from the pitch, ugly bowl design with no individual or unique stands that might one day be iconic. Everything that's wrong with modern stadiums.

just looked, actually only about 60 seats left. must have been a rush once it got to normal season tickets.

lcfc must be having a headache, now about 200 seats online.

Thanks.  Might try and pick some up from the ticket office on Satuday.  Fingers crossed.

wouldn't that just get returned to west ham?

Premier league grounds don't work the same way as Championship ones, if a club takes an allocation, it's up to them to sell them, the home clubs don't accept retuns, that's why last season one or two weren't full allocations.

Hull away for one, we only took the first allocation as home fans were in the other part of the away bit.

Has this sold out?

Just been on LCFC Direct and the 'Choose Seats', 'Quick Seats' and 'More Info' buttons/links are disabled (Grey and unable to click on).

Wasn't gonna bother with this but the fact i'm not going to Bournemouth and it's a London awayer has tempted me, don't tell me my indecisiveness has led to this selling out before I decided I was gonna go! :banghead:

Archived