Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Right is it possible for an update to change your save mid season? My 4-4-2 tactic I've been playing with Pompey for a few seasons now has just lost five in a row. My first games after the update... Had only lost once in thirteen before as well. It's like the update has exploit my tactic as every game I'm conceding 3+ now as well. Where before my defence was solid. It's strange.

Right is it possible for an update to change your save mid season? My 4-4-2 tactic I've been playing with Pompey for a few seasons now has just lost five in a row. My first games after the update... Had only lost once in thirteen before as well. It's like the update has exploit my tactic as every game I'm conceding 3+ now as well. Where before my defence was solid. It's strange.

Sort of.

The winter update usually includes a fair few fixes to the match engine.

You should read the patch notes and see what's included. You may need to tweak your tactics a little.

Personally don't think there'd be enough changes to completely ruin your tactic that much, though.

Sort of.

The winter update usually includes a fair few fixes to the match engine.

You should read the patch notes and see what's included. You may need to tweak your tactics a little.

Personally don't think there'd be enough changes to completely ruin your tactic that much, though.

where can you read them?

I know it's just weird how I started conceding loads and losing. Will try again later but it shouldn't happen mid game imo

Started with City last night, goals galore.

Lost 4-0 at Spurs , 6-3 at home to Southampton, 4-1 away at Liverpool.

Beat United 4-1, Arsenal 4-0, Everton 6-3.

Also had 3 x 3-3 draws (Swansea away, Palace away & Newcastle away).

What's chilwell stars like? Does he have potenitał to be premier league now?

Chilwell has 4 star potential on mine. (Haven't started again with the update either). Only trouble is his contract is up and he won't sign a new one for some reason. Don't want to lose him. Already lost Elder and he was decent for me, so I was gutted about that.

Just had a quick mess around and Mahrez now looks slightly better than De Bruyne (using the graph).

Even compared to David Silva and yet another step Messi it's not ridiculously different. Crazy.

Trying to play the same as Leicester do irl.

Vardy as a defensive forward is ridiculous. Always in so much space. Think Finners was right when he said they'd made the position for him on the game this year.

...Aaaaaaaand he's out for 3 months lol

Just fired her up and I'm impressed. Signed Mayke and Luan, I was looking for an additional centre back but I might go with what I've got and get Amartey trained up as a centre back, he has the attributes to make a beast of a centre back.

Schmeichel

Mayke

Amartey

Morgan or Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Kante

Albrighton

Luan

Vardy

Had a good first season (on the new winter update). Finished 3rd, Vardy and Okazaki immense 25 amd 23 goals each respectively. Prone to the odd pasting now and again. Lots of injuries, particularly to keepers - think I used five goalies over the season!

Walsh and Shakey both got poached and had an offer for Kante for an initial fee of 17.5M from Man City. I negotiated it up to a £30M up front hoping that would deter them and they agreed to it. Still turned it down though and the boy has signed a new contract. In you face Pep! In your face!

Had a good first season (on the new winter update). Finished 3rd, Vardy and Okazaki immense 25 amd 23 goals each respectively. Prone to the odd pasting now and again. Lots of injuries, particularly to keepers - think I used five goalies over the season!

Walsh and Shakey both got poached and had an offer for Kante for an initial fee of 17.5M from Man City. I negotiated it up to a £30M up front hoping that would deter them and they agreed to it. Still turned it down though and the boy has signed a new contract. In you face Pep! In your face!

It was only released on Friday, wasn't it?

Someone had a productive weekend...  lol

It was only released on Friday, wasn't it?

Someone had a productive weekend... lol

Ha! Had a couple of free nights so managed to get stuck in. Although I was playing the Classic version (or Touch, or whatever it is called). Which speeds things up a little.

What are people's recommendations of having FM on a tablet?

I've always used a laptop but considering having it on my tablet now.

Bear in mind there are three versions of FM

FM - "full fat" - runs on PC

FM Touch - runs on PC and high end tablets

FM Mobiles - runs on phones/lower end tablets

FM Touch is not as in depth as the full fat version and doesn't include things like team talks, press conferences but is much more advanced than FM Mobile.

But if you want to play FM Touch on a tablet, you need a decent one - check the specs on the Football Manager website.

Finished 6th with City.

Signed Peruzzi & Barbosa (+ Embolo in January), out went Ulloa (£7m to Shakter & Albrighton £10m to Liverpool).

I've got Rulli coming in on a free at the end of the season and the board have given me a preliminary budget of £41m.

Vardy scored 23 league goals, Embolo, Barbosa, Okazaki & Mahrez all got double figures.

Riyad got 24 assists.

Bear in mind there are three versions of FM

FM - "full fat" - runs on PC

FM Touch - runs on PC and high end tablets

FM Mobiles - runs on phones/lower end tablets

FM Touch is not as in depth as the full fat version and doesn't include things like team talks, press conferences but is much more advanced than FM Mobile.

But if you want to play FM Touch on a tablet, you need a decent one - check the specs on the Football Manager website.

I have it on my iPad pro, it works pretty well for on the go football manager

How are people getting Mahrez to do well? I play him as a winger in a 4-4-2 but his weak right foot always hampers him. I then moved to 4-3-3 with him as an inside forward and no luck either, in march and no goals in the league and only 3 assists.

Archived