Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

I agree that he needs a good run in the first team in the PL rather than in the odd cup game. But the question is when is he likely to get picked.. That's where he's likely to struggle.

And while this merry go round of give him a run, oops he didn't take it, give him a run, oops, etc etc goes on  ....  whats happening to our league position ??

Get real.  Get a goal scorer in and soon before Jamie has a bad patch !!!!   If we can't recoup send him out on loan to get his confy wonfidence back.

And while this merry go round of give him a run, oops he didn't take it, give him a run, oops, etc etc goes on .... whats happening to our league position ??

Get real. Get a goal scorer in and soon before Jamie has a bad patch !!!! If we can't recoup send him out on loan to get his confy wonfidence back.

Fair point, but who would you want to bring in??

The problem is, he hasnt warranted a run in the side in the Prem, yet that's what he needs to gain confidence and start playing well. I've seen enough positives in him to believe he's got real real talent but I can't argue with Ranieri for not picking him. He just hasnt done enough yet to deserve it. Hope he gets his chance but he's clearly not doing enough in training to force his way in.

Fair point, but who would you want to bring in??

Obvious one is Austin, (would have kept Nuge a bit longer), but with all our scouts they should be able to find someone ...  And do it soon as while we are riding high which helps attract players ...

He's crap, has been since he arrived. Pure folly getting rid of nugent, who would have really fit the way we are playing, for a guy who doesn't look like he will ever make it in England. Maybe overseas in a slower less physical league he can make a decent career for himself but there have been absolutely zero signs of it happening here in the past 11 months.

The problem is, he hasnt warranted a run in the side in the Prem, yet that's what he needs to gain confidence and start playing well. I've seen enough positives in him to believe he's got real real talent but I can't argue with Ranieri for not picking him. He just hasnt done enough yet to deserve it. Hope he gets his chance but he's clearly not doing enough in training to force his way in.

Nail on the head.

No doubting his abilty just maybe a little to lightweight and naive to the english game as people have said before he will more than likely show up at a Athletico Madrid or Roma in 4 years time and be the top league scorer, maybe just not his time to shine at present.....we will see!

And while this merry go round of give him a run, oops he didn't take it, give him a run, oops, etc etc goes on  ....  whats happening to our league position ??

Get real.  Get a goal scorer in and soon before Jamie has a bad patch !!!!   If we can't recoup send him out on loan to get his confy wonfidence back.

Get real. FIND one, then get him to be happy playing 2nd fiddle, waiting for his chance, or hope he springs straight in, next

to Vardy. Oh then again find one who fits.

If Austin wasnt so dumb/silly , not stupid.I would go for him, but unless he is being loyal to QPR I cant see him going out

of his London boundaries, unless if he could be tempted to

Liverpool would be 1st on the agenda, they are now desperate for striker cover.Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, injury after non-recoverable injuries, I presume.

Strange nobody in top 10 went for him, he scores goals fgs.

Where is a proven GS on the market, anywhere in Europe is not a liability, offereing same credentials has Krami did ??

Get real. FIND one, then get him to be happy playing 2nd fiddle, waiting for his chance, or hope he springs straight in, next

to Vardy. Oh then again find one who fits.

If Austin wasnt so dumb/silly , not stupid.I would go for him, but unless he is being loyal to QPR I cant see him going out

of his London boundaries, unless if he could be tempted to

Liverpool would be 1st on the agenda, they are now desperate for striker cover.Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, injury after non-recoverable injuries, I presume.

Strange nobody in top 10 went for him, he scores goals fgs.

Where is a proven GS on the market, anywhere in Europe is not a liability, offereing same credentials has Krami did ??

Thats the scouts job to find one ....     or do we just sit back and wait for a wheel to fall off our wagon.

Thats the scouts job to find one .... or do we just sit back and wait for a wheel to fall off our wagon.

So long as the Cherokees are not on the Warpath....and we are just rolling along..

Werent much summer buying, from the big boys and also rans this summer.Which I found strange.

Would rather see what we have in the bank, in the 2nd string or reserves.

Some now Championship, or bottom PL went a fishing over the last 2 seasons, they didnt bring in any great catch.

January may well be different but I doubt it.

Dont get me wrong, I am worried also about 2 big injuries, Mahrez and Vardy with long time outage possibilities + time to get upto speed again...!!!

1-3game wouldnt be a catastrophy, but longer unseen consequences, is lets face it all fans fear.

I don't think it's because he isn't good enough. From the glimpses we saw of him last season it seems he has talent. He's just really struggling to get his rhythm due to lack of playing time.

I'm sure given the opportunity he'll come good. Unfortunately with a change in manager, we might not get the chance to see it. We've seen it many times where a managerial change pushes a player to the fringes and then out of the club. When Ranieri needs to strengthen our attack, he's more than likely going to bring in a new face rather than play Kramaric unless he's impressed in training.

Shame if this happens, I really want the lad to do well.

gotta say i love vardy as much if not more than everyone else here but i hate the **** for the simple fact that now, because of his epic rise, we're not allowed to call a shit player shit "because wot about when vardy didnt do good that time now he amazing".

what about all the other players we've had who were not very good, then went shit, then stayed shit. what if kramaric or inler are like them? when are we allowed to say "do you know what, mark de vries wasn't very good, stayed not very good and then left. kramaric might do that"?

I think I get what you mean?

lol

He's crap, has been since he arrived. Pure folly getting rid of nugent, who would have really fit the way we are playing, for a guy who doesn't look like he will ever make it in England. Maybe overseas in a slower less physical league he can make a decent career for himself but there have been absolutely zero signs of it happening here in the past 11 months.

What a silly statement. You clearly didnt go to Arsenal away - he was brilliant.

What a silly statement. You clearly didnt go to Arsenal away - he was brilliant.

Apart from at 2-1 when clean through and he tried one of his ridiculously shit chips.

He had a good game that day but certainly wasnt brilliant. Granted he wasnt helped by the formation but brilliant? Nah.

Apart from at 2-1 when clean through and he tried one of his ridiculously shit chips.

He had a good game that day but certainly wasnt brilliant. Granted he wasnt helped by the formation but brilliant? Nah.

'Clean through'. As I seem to remember, he was wide of the goal and quite far out too. Wasn't an easy chance but yes, was a poor finish. However he scored a good goal in that game, touch looked impeccable and led the line well when at times he was isolated. There's clearly a player in there.

Agree - he was very good playing as a lone striker. Did the same against Everton away except without the goal. Also the header against villa away in the cup shows there is a potentially a player there

like knocky and mahrez he needs to know when to move the ball on quickly and only take one or two touches 

I think he will have a significant part to play this season, at some point vardy's form will go or the high press game may stop working. Claudios utilised the high press and momentum from last year to great effect. I think the back of his mind though he knows it won't last forever and the style may need to be tweaked. That's where inler benny king and krammy may come to the fore.. 

Kramaric has all the technical tools in the locker it's down to him to make the most of it 

I think I get what you mean?

lol

Been thinking the same thing myself haha. I've wanted Kram to do well because he looks so bloody classy on the ball. Great header against Villa in the FA Cup and did brilliantly to sell about 8 defenders against West Ham last season and get the ball to Kingy. I feel that of all the strikers we have he has been most short changed. He got a run of starts last season as a lone striker in a team that had no intention of attacking. His chances this season have only come in cup games.

I'm beginning to wonder if his attitude/mental strength is anywhere near Vardy's. It's well publicised that Vardy worked hard on improving himself and forced his way back into the team. It just seems like Kram isn't trying to do this, if his interview was correctly translated and he genuinely can't see why he isn't getting game time, then it would appear he doesn't see himself as the problem.

I think he may need to go to a team where he is loved and is seen as the number 1 striker. Now I don't know if that can be achieved by getting him out on loan and telling him he will be given a good chance if he proves himself at another club. Seems an unlikely scenario though.

He's clearly not showing enough in training at the minute, to dislodge Okazaki and he's only taking Vardy's place if Vardy somehow breaks his leg so bad he can't run on it.

I really want it to work out with him, but the longer it goes on the more likely it seems it won't happen for him here.

gotta say i love vardy as much if not more than everyone else here but i hate the **** for the simple fact that now, because of his epic rise, we're not allowed to call a shit player shit "because wot about when vardy didnt do good that time now he amazing". 

what about all the other players we've had who were not very good, then went shit, then stayed shit. what if kramaric or inler are like them? when are we allowed to say "do you know what, mark de vries wasn't very good, stayed not very good and then left. kramaric might do that"? 

There's an element of truth in this. Think people need to accept that Vardy is a pretty exceptional case. It's not to say I'd give up on Kramaric as there's something there, but every time there's a chance to show it, it just doesn't happen.

When he got subbed at Hull I even said to my mate if we get knocked out here we might have just seen the last of him at Leicester.

I do feel for him. He joined us for the right reasons and it just isn't working.

Problem is people don't seem capable or saying he's been shit so far, or he played shit in x game. It's just "he's shit", as if that's all he's ever going to be. I've been pretty disappointed in him and Okazaki so far. But I'm well aware it can take time so I won't rule either of them out from making it here.

There's an element of truth in this. Think people need to accept that Vardy is a pretty exceptional case. It's not to say I'd give up on Kramaric as there's something there, but every time there's a chance to show it, it just doesn't happen.

It's not that exceptional, it's happened with almost every player we've signed at some point. Drinkwater and James both got slated. Albrighton written off early last season (he's not got people on his back again after a couple of average games). Benny got ripped to bits after only a couple of games, then people change their minds a bit when he played ok in his natural position a few times.

It's quite a regular thing for players to take time to settle and to have form that fluctuates. Okazaki took time to settle when he moved to Germany and eventually flourished when played in the right way, we're playing him in a position he didn't play in for Mainz, probably a position those buying him didn't sign him for either. It could take a good year to 18 months for someone to settle and work their way into the team... others like N'Golo blast out of the blocks.

It's not that exceptional, it's happened with almost every player we've signed at some point. Drinkwater and James both got slated. Albrighton written off early last season (he's not got people on his back again after a couple of average games). Benny got ripped to bits after only a couple of games, then people change their minds a bit when he played ok in his natural position a few times.

It's quite a regular thing for players to take time to settle and to have form that fluctuates. Okazaki took time to settle when he moved to Germany and eventually flourished when played in the right way, we're playing him in a position he didn't play in for Mainz, probably a position those buying him didn't sign him for either. It could take a good year to 18 months for someone to settle and work their way into the team... others like N'Golo blast out of the blocks.

Not to the extent Vardy has though. Vardy's rise is like nothing I've ever seen. I agree that others have taken a bit of time although I wouldn't say a single one of the examples listed there struggled like Kramaric did. Drinkwater & James both had good runs in our team before struggling, Albrighton was only written off because it seemed as if Pearson had written him off himself, Benalouane has never once played badly in his actual position and even at right back I'd hardly say he was a disaster.

Kramaric has consistently struggled. I definitely don't think he's had it easy here,his only proper run in the side coming in that god-awful 5-4-1 formation, where one good game from him kept us kidding ourselves that it was working for a good month, but even so I was hoping for a bit more than this. I'd personally not sell him as I think he's got something about him, but he can't just live off potential, he's got to start taking his chances.

Not to the extent Vardy has though. Vardy's rise is like nothing I've ever seen. I agree that others have taken a bit of time although I wouldn't say a single one of the examples listed there struggled like Kramaric did. Drinkwater & James both had good runs in our team before struggling, Albrighton was only written off because it seemed as if Pearson had written him off himself, Benalouane has never once played badly in his actual position and even at right back I'd hardly say he was a disaster.

Kramaric has consistently struggled. I definitely don't think he's had it easy here,his only proper run in the side coming in that god-awful 5-4-1 formation, where one good game from him kept us kidding ourselves that it was working for a good month, but even so I was hoping for a bit more than this. I'd personally not sell him as I think he's got something about him, but he can't just live off potential, he's got to start taking his chances.

i'd ague that last season he also had a good sub appearance vs west ham at home - we were attacking all of that 2nd half and he was involved in a few chances also having one cleared off the line. Against Swansea at home last year he started on the left of a front 3 and had a good game - should have scored in the 2nd half with a shot from the edge of the box but didn't. the ratings on here for him for those 2 games suggest people rated his performances decently 

Archived