Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

Offer him to a team like Bournmouth for the 2nd half of the season.

Its not like they are our relegation rivals or anything like that. Might be able to help them nick a point or two off other top 12 teams in the Prem.

Seems to have taken slightly harsh criticism in the past, but looked out of his depth last night which was sad. Would still like to see him behind Vardy - would suit his game I think, plus make him look better and this boost confidence. Midfield were so slow at supporting yesterday he never had much to work with.

Seems to have taken slightly harsh criticism in the past, but looked out of his depth last night which was sad. Would still like to see him behind Vardy - would suit his game I think, plus make him look better and this boost confidence. Midfield were so slow at supporting yesterday he never had much to work with.

Valid  point. You can really only be as good as the supply/support you are getting

This thread reminds me of how Vardy was thought of by City fans 3 seasons ago. Not good enough, waste of money, out of his depth, send him on loan etc. etc. In reality, like Kramaric, he was just lacking confidence and regular game time.

Only a year ago Kramaric was one of the best prospects in Europe. Personally, I will give him more time before making judgment on whether or not he is good enough.

This thread reminds me of how Vardy was thought of by City fans 3 seasons ago. Not good enough, waste of money, out of his depth, send him on loan etc. etc. In reality, like Kramaric, he was just lacking confidence and regular game time.

Only a year ago Kramaric was one of the best prospects in Europe. Personally, I will give him more time before making judgment on whether or not he is good enough.

I don't think it does Vicki.

We signed Vardy for what seemed a lot of money for a non league player but was peanuts these days. And Vardy didn't join the club on the back of being 'the finished article' in any way shape or form.

He'd been pinging goals in for Fleetwood, but was raw. His first touch was the biggest failing and it's this that has improved in his game mostly. Pearson and his henchmen took Vardy and clearly improved him. Over time, and remember his current form only really started two thirds through last season. Until then, he couldn't hit a barn door last season. I remember it well.

Kramaric is a different animal. He signed for a club record fee I believe? And on the back of a big reputation, interest from Chelsea and all that type of thing.

How does Kramaric get a chance? Would you play him in the first 11 at present? He played last night, yes in the cup, but still a game that gave him the opportunity to take the bull by the horns and clearly demonstrate he had a right to play on the Premiership week - in, week - out.

But he didn't take that chance.

Ranieri clearly favours Vardy and Okazaki over Kramaric and Ulloa is still waiting in the wings.

When does our fee-breaking striker get into the first team and would you give him the chance at present.

The only way he might do is if Vardy gets a longer term injury, thus giving him a good run in the side. Even then, I think Ozasaki and Ulloa would feature before Kram does.

I said last season, the surprise for me was that we'd paid a lot of money for a striker who wasn't clearly first-choice. And was shouted down by the usual suspects. Well, nearly a year on, he's made no sort of breakthrough which, for a player who joined the club with the reputation he did, is surprising.

He needs a chance yes, but how and when might not be the question. The question could be 'if'?

Kramaric just doesn't fit though. It's a bit like the Inler situation.

Not doubting the ability but doesn't fit our team. Remember they have come from league which a different - much slower to here - and we play a very fast style of play. It passes them by, in Inler's case, and Kramaric is too slow too.

I don't think anybody is doubting his ability. Shouldn't be anyway looking at his great record for both club and Country.

Was one of our better players last night, looked sharper and definitely more up for it than others. Think few people being a bit harsh on his performance, bare in mind Vardy didn't look any better when he came on

You have to be kidding? I can't agree with this at all.

Just because he's not doing well at the minute doesn't mean he won't do well. Pearson and Walsh obviously saw something which is why we paid so much. Vardy was worse and we all wanted him out. But Walsh proved is wrong. Ranieri to obviously rated him too else he'd have been out in pre season.

gotta say i love vardy as much if not more than everyone else here but i hate the **** for the simple fact that now, because of his epic rise, we're not allowed to call a shit player shit "because wot about when vardy didnt do good that time now he amazing". 

what about all the other players we've had who were not very good, then went shit, then stayed shit. what if kramaric or inler are like them? when are we allowed to say "do you know what, mark de vries wasn't very good, stayed not very good and then left. kramaric might do that"? 

I don't think it does Vicki.

We signed Vardy for what seemed a lot of money for a non league player but was peanuts these days. And Vardy didn't join the club on the back of being 'the finished article' in any way shape or form.

He'd been pinging goals in for Fleetwood, but was raw. His first touch was the biggest failing and it's this that has improved in his game mostly. Pearson and his henchmen took Vardy and clearly improved him. Over time, and remember his current form only really started two thirds through last season. Until then, he couldn't hit a barn door last season. I remember it well.

Kramaric is a different animal. He signed for a club record fee I believe? And on the back of a big reputation, interest from Chelsea and all that type of thing.

How does Kramaric get a chance? Would you play him in the first 11 at present? He played last night, yes in the cup, but still a game that gave him the opportunity to take the bull by the horns and clearly demonstrate he had a right to play on the Premiership week - in, week - out.

But he didn't take that chance.

Ranieri clearly favours Vardy and Okazaki over Kramaric and Ulloa is still waiting in the wings.

When does our fee-breaking striker get into the first team and would you give him the chance at present.

The only way he might do is if Vardy gets a longer term injury, thus giving him a good run in the side. Even then, I think Ozasaki and Ulloa would feature before Kram does.

I said last season, the surprise for me was that we'd paid a lot of money for a striker who wasn't clearly first-choice. And was shouted down by the usual suspects. Well, nearly a year on, he's made no sort of breakthrough which, for a player who joined the club with the reputation he did, is surprising.

He needs a chance yes, but how and when might not be the question. The question could be 'if'?

It's a fair question Col. I don't think Kramaric should be starting at the moment. But at some point in the season we will get injuries or suspensions and he could get a decent run in the side. I'd like to see how he does playing a few games back to back. A goal or two in the PL might kick start his season and bring his confidence back.

I don't agree we signed him as a finished article. Of course he cost a lot, but he was playing for Rijeka and even their fans on here cautioned he was not the finished article and urged us to be patient with him and give him time to adapt.

You have to be kidding? I can't agree with this at all.

Not surprising as you're quite anti kramaric anyway. The team looked better when Vardy Drinkwater Mahrez came on generally but didn't think Vardy was that good. Kramaric's touch and link up play was pretty decent just had absolutely no support.

Plus, we started playing football when we had 3 in the middle, Kram's only service was stupid chipped crosses into the box from Albrighton. Their centre backs and Gk had a field day

Feel for him, because I don't think he's ever been given a chance in his most effective position - the number 10 role, dropping back behind a front man. How many times has that actually happened? Obvious that him and Okazaki up front together isn't going to work. How many times has he played in the hole with Vardy at 9? How many times has he played just behind Ulloa (who would imo be the strike partner that would make most sense with him, he could feed off his knock downs etc)?

Pearson insisted playing him upfront on his own, which was ridiculous, and now his confidence is so shot Ranieri probably wouldnt risk him in the Prem in the Okazaki role anyway. It's a real shame, as he has talent, but there's been no effort to try to put that talent to best effect. Bet he feels a bit like Vardy must do being asked to play left wing for England. If he leaves without ever being given a proper chance in his proper position (as i think he will do now), can't help feeling it's been a real missed opportunity

This. When he played in Croatia,he was paired with Krstanović-Ulloa type of player,and that is the reason why he scored sh*t loads of goals (most memorable is hat trick to Feyenoord in EL). When he left for England,we were a bit sceptical because he is too weak/too slow for such  high intensity league. Kram without doubt has skill and flair but he will not show the best of him in Premier league IMO. Also, needles to say his confidence couldnt be any lower at the moment. 

I just cannot understand why the fitness coaches have not got him on the bench?
It's been a running tradition since Nigel Pearson first came in, that Leicester city players hit the weights and fill out...

Why has kramaric not? He's so obviously light weight it just seems stupid that he's not been made to get stronger in his training.

He'll be one of those who doesn't fit in for various reasons but will no doubt go on to be a success elsewhere. I've seen a few people comparing him to Nikola Kalinic before as a Croatian striker who is struggling in the Premier League - he's now one of the top scorers in Serie A.

With Kramaric, I think it's just circumstance rather than anything he or we are doing particularly wrong.

One more thing,I watched Andrej every match he played for Rijeka and when he came from Dinamo Zagreb he was in same position as now-low on confidence and showed what he can do here and there. Slowly he became one of the main players and at some point exploded and couldnt stop scoring,reason? His confidence was over the roof,like Vardys now.

One more thing,I watched Andrej every match he played for Rijeka and when he came from Dinamo Zagreb he was in same position as now-low on confidence and showed what he can do here and there. Slowly he became one of the main players and at some point exploded and couldnt stop scoring,reason? His confidence was over the roof,like Vardys now.

no offence but as great a story that that clearly is, it's a lot easier for a club like rijeka to give him game time, and him to "not stop scoring" in the croatian league than it is for someone to crack the premier league. 

I feel for him. He needs opportunities, and not just minutes on the pitch but actual goal scoring opportunities on a regular basis so he can finally start finding his feet. But he won't get that here while others are looking more the part. Hope we can sort out a loan for him because I wouldn't want to sell him just yet.

no offence but as great a story that that clearly is, it's a lot easier for a club like rijeka to give him game time, and him to "not stop scoring" in the croatian league than it is for someone to crack the premier league. 

I completely agree with you,just sayin'.

Clearly got talent though hasn't he.

Think he'll end up in Italy to be honest and be a great success there and a top half side.

Remember Nikola Kalinic who was at Blackburn? He was embarrassingly bad at Blackburn but returned to Eastern Europe for a few years now he's signed for Fiorentina and scored 5 in 8 in Serie A and a few in the Europa League. Can see a similar thing happening with Kram to be honest because for whatever reason, just doesn't seem suited to us which is a shame.

Clearly got talent though hasn't he.

Think he'll end up in Italy to be honest and be a great success there and a top half side.

Remember Nikola Kalinic who was at Blackburn? He was embarrassingly bad at Blackburn but returned to Eastern Europe for a few years now he's signed for Fiorentina and scored 5 in 8 in Serie A and a few in the Europa League. Can see a similar thing happening with Kram to be honest because for whatever reason, just doesn't seem suited to us which is a shame.

See post 921 lol

Whether it happens or not...the only thing he needs before we can judge his talent, is not the odd cup game, but a full blooded run in the 1st team.That said, this is no different for any other squad but not 1st team regular player.

It maybe a situation, and only Claudio could answer, but would never declare it.

Krami needs, to chase down Okaziki, Vardy, Schlupp, Albrighton, then Ulloa for that BIG CHANCE.

It maybe, because of 2-3 injuries he suddenly becomes his big chance.

At PL, or any other top league level, he then needs to grab it, or he would need to look elswhere.

This season, no more.

ULLOA in contrast will get his odd chances, simply because, of what type of player he his.He offers more.

Whether it happens or not...the only thing he needs before we can judge his talent, is not the odd cup game, but a full blooded run in the 1st team.That said, this is no different for any other squad but not 1st team regular player.

It maybe a situation, and only Claudio could answer, but would never declare it.

Krami needs, to chase down Okaziki, Vardy, Schlupp, Albrighton, then Ulloa for that BIG CHANCE.

It maybe, because of 2-3 injuries he suddenly becomes his big chance.

At PL, or any other top league level, he then needs to grab it, or he would need to look elswhere.

This season, no more.

ULLOA in contrast will get his odd chances, simply because, of what type of player he his.He offers more.

I agree that he needs a good run in the first team in the PL rather than in the odd cup game. But the question is when is he likely to get picked.. That's where he's likely to struggle.

Archived