Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Mahrez player of the year for Fabregas.

Quote: "He made things happen for Leicester through the whole season"

of course he did, that's why it's so annoying to see some people with short memory play Mr. Coach.

By the way, the game of Mahrez from game one to the last game were 'mainly' all the same.

Same play... Same Mahrez... Loses the ball sometimes... fails to track back sometimes...  Seem lazy sometimes...

but also, delivers some magic sometimes ... Offer assits sometimes ... and score other times.... it's simply Mahrez!

Bench him and you won't get any of the above (from him), play him and you might get some, it's your choice.

So the argument "he wasn't himself lately" doesn't convince me. just the expectations of the fans towards him changed... just like the expectations of the team changed from relegation safe, to mid-table, to top 10 position, to 6th, to 4th, to champions.

I'm getting a bit sick of his half-arsed performances now. I'd start Gray or Schlupp and hope it makes Mahrez realise he's not pulling his weight.

i think he is tired with fans like you that demands a messi like performance every week or he will be called a slacker and not being professional . you should really look at how west ham fans treat payet , and i think people like you will call him a traitor and forget what he did for the team

i think he is tired with fans like you that demands a messi like performance every week or he will be called a slacker and not being professional . you should really look at how west ham fans treat payet , and i think people like you will call him a traitor and forget what he did for the team

Ignoring the last part.

Maybe he has a point. Ryiad himself admitted being benched for Norwich earlier in the season made him up his game.

Ignoring the last part.

Maybe he has a point. Ryiad himself admitted being benched for Norwich earlier in the season made him up his game.

This is not a time to change the team . 4 matches and vardy is out . And peopol should rewatch the cup games especially the spurs game . He is like Claudio said the light of the team .

When he is in his day he will score.assist and destroy the other team . And when he is in his off day he can hold 2 players at least . It is the treatment the he get's that piss me off . When I look at how the arsonel fans treat ozil and the west ham fans treat payet I feel angry and jealous

Ignoring the last part.

Personally, I don't think that they are 'half-arsed' performances. Below his normal standard, maybe. If anything he's trying too hard and things aren't coming off. And its clear to see his work rate defensively has improved massively so I think that 'half-arsed' is unfair. 

Personally, I don't think that they are 'half-arsed' performances. Below his normal standard, maybe. If anything he's trying too hard and things aren't coming off. And its clear to see his work rate defensively has improved massively so I think that 'half-arsed' is unfair.

Ohh the treatment that he gets when is in his off day its really something . They will blame him for every thing . Even after a amazing performance they will find a way to say some thing bad about him . They will even be mad when he gets the poty award 8'-(

I read earlier in this thread something about "fans getting on his back". I really hope this criticism isn't reaching pitch side. As others have pointed out, he is a confidence player and any negative vibes from fans at a match would really not help.

When playing he should only ever experience positive support, or we risk losing the magic, and in the longer term, the player himself.

Okay, I do think "half-arsed" is harsh, but it's hard to argue that he's been anywhere near his best for a while now.

I don't agree with players getting picked based on their name, or what they did in the past, especially when there are good players on the sidelines who can't get a game. What sort of message does it send to Gray or Schlupp when Mahrez puts in sub-par performances week in, week out and still gets picked every time?

I really think it might be time to drop him to the bench and ask him to show he really wants the shirt when he comes on second half. He was dropped earlier in the season and he responded very well.

We all know he's an awesome player on his day, it's just that it's been a bit too long since the last one.

I'm getting a bit sick of his half-arsed performances now. I'd start Gray or Schlupp and hope it makes Mahrez realise he's not pulling his weight.

He looked better in the West Ham game than the previous two against Southampton and Sunderland. He wasn't great, but his work ethic was back.

I think the two less impressive performances (Sunderland and Southampton games) was just a result of fatigue after the international break. It's almost like if he isn't outstanding and wins us the game more or less on his own, he's rubbish/'half-assed' preformance/has his mind elsewhere ect.

He looked better in the West Ham game than the previous two against Southampton and Sunderland. He wasn't great, but his work ethic was back.

I think the two less impressive performances (Sunderland and Southampton games) was just a result of fatigue after the international break. It's almost like if he isn't outstanding and wins us the game more or less on his own, he's rubbish/'half-assed' preformance/has his mind elsewhere ect.

This.

With Vardy out, he is our main hope for a bit of magic. Sure, if he seems off his game/tired, freshen things up in the last half hour.

Okay, I do think "half-arsed" is harsh, but it's hard to argue that he's been anywhere near his best for a while now.

I don't agree with players getting picked based on their name, or what they did in the past, especially when there are good players on the sidelines who can't get a game. What sort of message does it send to Gray or Schlupp when Mahrez puts in sub-par performances week in, week out and still gets picked every time?

I really think it might be time to drop him to the bench and ask him to show he really wants the shirt when he comes on second half. He was dropped earlier in the season and he responded very well.

We all know he's an awesome player on his day, it's just that it's been a bit too long since the last one.

You really need to revise your homework.Hes had his quiet periods no doubts, but you yourself cant be

watching the games.Not only assists but hes been involved in opening up spaces, and has had

secondary assists, one like last week giving the ball to Kante,that led to the goal, and its his passes

and moves thats been opening up alot of chances. You look but cant see.

This run-in, other than covering by helping Simpson, I might be tempted at home to tell him to

stay slightly higher up the field. Thank god in both our cases, we have Ranieri because he will

call it..

I know he has been marked extra closely as of late, but just seems to be half added on the pitch. I know he has scored a couple winners for us of late but seems either knackered or just not happy. Almost to the point the team is carrying him. Hoping he will create a moment of genius.With so much at stake I feel like we cannot sit him down for a game because he may show up. Hate to say it but I

I think he is believing his own press. The problem is, is that if he doesn't perform in this crucial time, others might not believe in him.

I read earlier in this thread something about "fans getting on his back". I really hope this criticism isn't reaching pitch side.

Unfortunately that is the case . Moaning on every thing that he do and does not come of aside . I even heard the some area in the king park were there is more thene moaning

I know he has been marked extra closely as of late, but just seems to be half added on the pitch. I know he has scored a couple winners for us of late but seems either knackered or just not happy. Almost to the point the team is carrying him.

I do not understand why people say that the team is carrying him . He is pulling his weight . He is trackingback . He is closinge space . People forget that mahrez is a flair player and flair player like him . Messi and neymar shouldn't trackback alot becouse they will lose alot of stamina . The reason that mahrez is not putting the firt 18 marches performance is becouse 3/4 of his stamina Is put on tracking back so he will all ways be out of breath when he gets the ball . If only he had a Cdm that can cover for him or a world class RB that doesn't need help . But for now we have to be patient

Surely will see him opting for a team that would give him space and freedom to be a winger to express himself rather than defensive responsabilities and endless runs back and forth and above that criticism from the fans.

the odd moany post on FT is hardly 'criticism from the fans'. He has been poor by his standards recently, but there's been no negativity from the stands towards Riyad, or certainly nothing substantial enough to bother him, from what i've seen/heard atleast. Fvck knows why's he's stopped taking on his full back as much recently, but as I think you've mentioned before, it's probably because he's been knackered after that Ethiopia trip.

And if 16 goals and 11 assists from Right Midfield in the 3rd highest scoring team in the league for the table toppers = Riyad not being given the freedom to express himself then well, whatever. I guess you didn't watch us before Christmas, like most people with an opinion on us these days.

Cannot believe the negative stuff towards Riyad, thought he worked his socks off in both of the last two games.

Yes he struggled going forward, but teams are putting two people on him every time he gets the ball. Remember he was a huge part of Vards goal against West Ham. Defensively he is light years better now from the first half of the season. It might be time to give him a more free roll if needed later in games so he can evade the double marking when the game opens up a bit.

Archived