Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

The defensive tasks have burned him out,this type of player shouldn't be shackled with too much defensive work.

+

By now,everybody is aware that he is our main threat(if not guarded closely),every time he gets on the ball they are ganging up on him,he is not allowed enough space to breath.Every time he gets on the ball you see three players surrounding him and bumping into him.Something has to be done to free him up,very difficult to go on like this!

Seems to struggle in these physical games. Hopefully Swansea will suit him more and he can have a bit more time on the ball and create things. We are going to need him as we won't be getting goals like we have so easily with balls over the top for Vardy to run on to. He really needs to step up next weekend and prove why he should be voted player of the season. 

lets see how it's gonna be with Okazaki and Ulloa upfront.... It's an opportunity for Ulloa to be a star this end of the season (with Vardy out and possible ban extension) will he shine?!

Mahrez has been our worse player in the last 3/4 games. If he's crap first half against Swansea replace him with Gray and give the lad a chance to shine. Mahrez 's head has gone!

His take-ons have been uninspired at times, but isn't is also POSSIBLE that because he is being at least double-marked, he's not able to play as prominent of a role precisely because the opposing defence is set to contain him? But then, that means responsibility falls on his teammates to capitalize on the additional space, and recently, they haven't done that as well as they can, or we'd have more goals.

Quite simply the reason Mahrez is not getting the same time and space is because people are now aware of the threat he poses.

Do people not realise he is just as effective now as teams double up on him all the time leaving more space for other players to exploit.

If and when he does get some time on the ball against Swansea I filly expect him to deliver the magic he had shown us he has.

How people can come up with statements like"his head has gone" "it's the transfer talk" etc I don't know?

Do these people who come out with this know him personally? Do they talk to him? They know his emotional mindset?

This is our best season Ever jus enjoy it support them till the death and feel honoured you can say in years to come I was there and I saw Players like Mahrez.

Whatever happens from here on in we have been amazing now really is the time for us to step up and be the 12th man. What the players have given us on the pitch has been amazing let's match that and finish this thing together.

im not buying this 'burnt out' argument.

He looked re-invigorated when vardy went off, furthest man forward at times.

Dele Alli, a kid playing league 1 football last year, hasn't burnt out in the slightest.

opposition are wise to him now and its making him over-think things.

perhaps he would benefit from playing a different position now we are forced into changing things?

Why? He has been tried in different positions before and this is his most effective.

You think teams won't mark him just because he changes position?

They gave to double up on him and it leaves space behind him for the runners joining in.

He's doing fine and playing his role and I'm sure he will against Swansea.

Play to our strengths and that means Mahrez stays where he is.

Mahrez has been our worse player in the last 3/4 games. If he's crap first half against Swansea replace him with Gray and give the lad a chance to shine. Mahrez 's head has gone!

Great idea. Most important 4 games to come in our history and you want to drop the potential PFA player of the year for and with all due respect to Gray as I rate him but he's still a kid!

The role Gray has played so far is perfect in his and Leicesters development but throwing him in now and dropping out star man? I'm just half CR is in charge and not you!

Stick to FIFA you tool.

Why? He has been tried in different positions before and this is his most effective.

You think teams won't mark him just because he changes position?

They gave to double up on him and it leaves space behind him for the runners joining in.

He's doing fine and playing his role and I'm sure he will against Swansea.

Play to our strengths and that means Mahrez stays where he is.

when he gets the ball out wide he looks to come inside and will do his step overs/ cryuff turns etc to achieve this. defenders know this but if mahrez plays central/number 10 role he wont have to overthink how to come inside and and fingers crossed he can express himself more freely like when he has been at his best this season.

just an idea, dont shoot me down :surrender:

maybe i'm the one over-thinking things :unsure:

PFA player of year ? He isn't even our player of year

He has been on holidays for last 4 games , over doing everything recently

To be fair has been tracking back well enough

But we need 4 massive performances now

He is about as much a Barcelona player at the moment than Pearson is a Barcelona manager !

when he gets the ball out wide he looks to come inside and will do his step overs/ cryuff turns etc to achieve this. defenders know this but if mahrez plays central/number 10 role he wont have to overthink how to come inside and and fingers crossed he can express himself more freely like when he has been at his best this season.

just an idea, dont shoot me down :surrender:

maybe i'm the one over-thinking things :unsure:

He's been in the 10 role before and been nowhere near as effective I'm quite happy for him to stay where he is if it means they double up on him as it leaves mores space in behind for others .keep him where he has been most effective no point changing the whole balance of the team. We have got where we are playing these layers in these positions. Straight swop Leo for Vardy we will have more than enough to beat Swansea super confident for this one.

Great idea. Most important 4 games to come in our history and you want to drop the potential PFA player of the year for and with all due respect to Gray as I rate him but he's still a kid!

The role Gray has played so far is perfect in his and Leicesters development but throwing him in now and dropping out star man? I'm just half CR is in charge and not you!

Stick to FIFA you tool.

I'm not sure about dropping him but he is a passenger at present

I can see what the poster is saying

Mahrez needs to step up again

United is his window , I expect we will see a huge game from him there

He's been in the 10 role before and been nowhere near as effective I'm quite happy for him to stay where he is if it means they double up on him as it leaves mores space in behind for others .keep him where he has been most effective no point changing the whole balance of the team. We have got where we are playing these layers in these positions. Straight swop Leo for Vardy we will have more than enough to beat Swansea super confident for this one.

Agree

PFA player of year ? He isn't even our player of year

He has been on holidays for last 4 games , over doing everything recently

To be fair has been tracking back well enough

But we need 4 massive performances now

He is about as much a Barcelona player at the moment than Pearson is a Barcelona manager !

Wish some of our so called fans would go on their holidays I really don't see what he has done wrong? Yeah he's not been as effective but that due to the fact teams double up on him. This in itself is worth his inclusion in the side.

What is hard to understand?

Wish some of our so called fans would go on their holidays I really don't see what he has done wrong? Yeah he's not been as effective but that due to the fact teams double up on him. This in itself is worth his inclusion in the side.

What is hard to understand?

The basics , give your team mate a good ball , simple easy stuff , if you can't beat two why lose the ball to two marking you

He has had space in every one of last 4 games his head looks a bit blown , it's just an opinion.

He has been very average by his high standards Last 4 games or so

Now is the time for him to shine

United away is his stage , they won't double up on him for huge periods , he needs to deliver !

Love the boy but he is a confidence player , he needs to stay another 2 years here or he will be sat on a bench somewhere in Spain.

The basics , give your team mate a good ball , simple easy stuff , if you can't beat two why lose the ball to two marking you

He has had space in every one of last 4 games his head looks a bit blown , it's just an opinion.

He has been very average by his high standards Last 4 games or so

Now is the time for him to shine

United away is his stage , they won't double up on him for huge periods , he needs to deliver !

Love the boy but he is a confidence player , he needs to stay another 2 years here or he will be sat on a bench somewhere in Spain.

Agree but you miss the point in teams doubling up on him and how valuable that is.

It's not when he has the ball but when he does not have it and 2 players are keeping an eye on him is gives us more space and time.

They double up on him if he has the ball or not.

This gives our midfield generals the time to play in the deadly ball. We will be fine against Swansea no danger we got this no need to change things up more than we need to.

Agree but you miss the point in teams doubling up on him and how valuable that is.

It's not when he has the ball but when he does not have it and 2 players are keeping an eye on him is gives us more space and time.

They double up on him if he has the ball or not.

This gives our midfield generals the time to play in the deadly ball. We will be fine against Swansea no danger we got this no need to change things up more than we need to.

He needs to do more , I'm sure he is aware of that and the vicious circle starts that way , His confidence is low and wil continue being low till he has a Worldy game . he has struggled since the penalties issue

I hope he can shake it out of his head , he can win us the league , I'm just not sure he believes he can.

He is an honest kid , let's see what Happens

He needs to do more , I'm sure he is aware of that and the vicious circle starts that way , His confidence is low and wil continue being low till he has a Worldy game . he has struggled since the penalties issue

I hope he can shake it out of his head , he can win us the league , I'm just not sure he believes he can.

He is an honest kid , let's see what Happens

How do you know his confidence is low? He still looks like he's ready to take a player on and get into the positions he has all season and still wants the ball.

Hardly the signs of a player low on confidence.

I agree he's not been as effective but he's never going to be the player who will be your star man week in week out.

Amazing player and he will step up as will all the players in these last 4 games I'm not worried in the slightest about his form.

He will have his moments before the end of the season he has to much class not to.

Let's be positive....

Let's appreciate what we got....

Support the team ... Support the players .... Enjoy the moment ....

it's a good time, enjoy it to the fullest and hope for the best...

So you have no regrets.

Mahrez: "I was with Algeria in Ethiopia and everybody was talking to me about Leicester... can you imagine?, even in Ethiopia people are talking about Leicester!!"

He has had a couple of quiet games undoubtably, in part being double marked. He never seems the same after an international break. He took ages to get his form back after the African Cup of Nations.

We know he can do it though, we have seen it enough times. Swansea is going to be a different game, but should show whether we have real depth to the team.

We can be too hard on him but it's only because we know what he is capable of. Flair players at all clubs get similar criticisms.

I admit I've thought about how we should rotate him lately.

But then on the other hand we are setting up much more defensively in the last couple of months. So whilst going in search of clean sheets Mahrez is having to track back more and hold position more in our own half instead of spending more time in the opponents half.

Maybe he is tired, but maybe Claudio is also asking that he and Albrighton to do more defensive work.

The defensive tasks have burned him out,this type of player shouldn't be shackled with too much defensive work.

+

By now,everybody is aware that he is our main threat(if not guarded closely),every time he gets on the ball they are ganging up on him,he is not allowed enough space to breath.Every time he gets on the ball you see three players surrounding him and bumping into him.Something has to be done to free him up,very difficult to go on like this!

This may we part of his problem.  Effecting mazy runs at the heart of defences is explosive but energy sapping. Add the laborious task of hurrying back to cover when we lose possession and there's not much explosiveness left after a while.

Couple that up with being more tightly marked, having much reduced attacking support now that a pronounced smash-and-grab playing policy has been adopted and Mahrez is seriously snookered.

However brilliant an dribbler Mahrez may be he needs runners around him that demand the attention of defenders, either to pass to or as a decoy. Once we score and sit back, those runners are nowhere to be seen. It makes Mahrez's increasingly difficult job, harder still.

Albrighton doesn't suffer so much. He doesn't have explosive pace, he's not so tightly marked and covering back to defend is a natural part of his game and a big reason why he's been such a regular starter.    .   

he still contributed more at the weekend than albrighton, as well as how much of a threat he is without actually doing anything because teams are scared of him. swansea, especially, will be terrified of him after last time. 

i get the arguments to drop him i really do, but this isn't time for "a shake up" or "to freshen things up for a bit", this is the most important month in our club's 132 year history. this is the time to play your best players and hope they play their best football and we win. 

To be fair, I think we could play the u21s and beat Swansea this weekend.

Archived