Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Even though I see his performances everytime almost the same, with small details that make huge differences...

But....

Fatigued? Maybe yes! Running back and forth all season maybe taking a toll + international duties ... Remember no injury this season for Riyad (so far) and he tries to give his best... So, give the kid a break.

Not sure about field break though....because the team needs all its winning cards at this point... +

We (you) cannot risk changing or shaking things now....

To the contrary we (you) need to be doing exactly what you've been doing... So hold on, don't panic and support your team and players.

Getting pretty tired of the notion that anyone who dares suggest any critical sentiment is somehow an ungrateful traitor. Seems clear to me he's in a similar lull to the one he experienced over the new year period and if we can't talk about it on here then where can we? If we accept that a conversation in a corner of the internet is messing him up then if anything the sort of blind deification being afforded him by some people is more likely to get into his head and affect performances than a few guys being honest about his status as an occasionally fallible human.

Getting pretty tired of the notion that anyone who dares suggest any critical sentiment is somehow an ungrateful traitor. Seems clear to me he's in a similar lull to the one he experienced over the new year period and if we can't talk about it on here then where can we? If we accept that a conversation in a corner of the internet is messing him up then if anything the sort of blind deification being afforded him by some people is more likely to get into his head and affect performances than a few guys being honest about his status as an occasionally fallible human.

ungrateful traitor

I don't have any problem for any other fan to criticize the players . As long it is constructive criticism . For example . Mahrez not tracking back in the first half od the season . Or Simpson not helping on the attack . But some peopol say thing like ""his head is turned . He is not interested . His is not playing with his heart"" . And that is not good forthe fans.club and player

I'm getting a bit sick of his half-arsed performances now. I'd start Gray or Schlupp and hope it makes Mahrez realise he's not pulling his weight.

I don't think that Mahrez would realize anything! Or need to, at personal level, he already achieved more than enough this season.

Maybe, just maybe, after tomorrow this thread will be upside down for Mahrez praises and compliments and you could be one of them, just MAYBE, who knows.

So, I would't mind him being benched, actually I hope it happens, let him have a rest. He needs it.

Maybe HE, thinks that way too.

At least he will be fresh for the PFA ceremony tomorrow.

I don't think that Mahrez would realize anything! Or need to, at personal level, he already achieved more than enough this season.

Maybe, just maybe, after tomorrow this thread will be upside down for Mahrez praises and compliments and you could be one of them, just MAYBE, who knows.

So, I would't mind him being benched, actually I hope it happens, let him have a rest. He needs it.

Maybe HE, thinks that way too.

At least he will be fresh for the PFA ceremony tomorrow.

Obviously we all hope so too. He's bound to come good again soon but while he's off form we don't need you making it clear you think Leicester are shit. Go to another forum if you want to be dismissive of our club and tell us we don't deserve a player we took a chance on where others weren't willing to do so, a player you probably hadn't even heard of when we were still in the Championship.

Obviously we all hope so too. He's bound to come good again soon but while he's off form we don't need you making it clear you think Leicester are shit. Go to another forum if you want to be dismissive of our club and tell us we don't deserve a player we took a chance on where others weren't willing to do so, a player you probably hadn't even heard of when we were still in the Championship.

I think you are just a little paranoid.

I think you are just a little paranoid.

I'm definitely paranoid and completely misinterpreting your posts so for the sake of my mental health and to curtail these entirely unprompted public retorts I'm adding you to my ignore list. Enjoy the rest of Mahrez's season and all his others dude.

i think he is tired with fans like you that demands a messi like performance every week or he will be called a slacker and not being professional . you should really look at how west ham fans treat payet , and i think people like you will call him a traitor and forget what he did for the team

We don't demand a Messi performance.

I demand players at least try when they aren't having a good game. Last three games he has looked half-arsed, I agree with Raw Dykes post.

Gray has got to be seriously considered given his recent good performances off the bench.

You're obviously a big Mahrez fan but this is a team game.

I demand players at least try when they aren't having a good game. Last three games he has looked half-arsed, I agree with Raw Dykes post.

Gray has got to be seriously considered given his recent good performances off the bench.

I am a big Leicester fan not just a mahrez fan. Sure I am not the oldest fan here but I am not a bandwagon guy . Yes am only a fan from just 2 years ago . I love the club with all my heart . I just whant people to give mahrez the trust and support that any player in this club deserve .. like I said before .. if some one have a constructive criticism he should let us hear it . But if he is putting people under the bus and question there work athick . He should keep his opinion to himself . I was a fan when the club was in last place and I am a fan of the same club that will win the league . People should support the players not matter what . Some people see my comments and think that I am a hardcore mahrez fan . But I am just a fan that is willing to defend any player no matter what

Mahrez is miles above gray at the moment

Have to say I agree with the recent comments re. Gray's abilities compared with Mahrez's.  We all know Riyad'll come good again we just need to be patient with the lad but it's definitely not a sin to notice that he's underperformed by his own high standards in recent matches.

I do have to smile sometimes when ANY criticism (or even perceived criticism) of one of our own gets pelted on here. Like you shouldn't even dare to, type thing.

Mahrez for LCFC has been a wonderful footballer. He's won games almost single handedly. He's the favorite for player of the season.

He's been great.

BUT....for the past few games now, he's not been so great. He's not been bad...but not great.

What he seems to be doing at present is picking the ball up and whereas a couple of months ago, he'd beat a player and then either shoot, or lay it off, he's now holding onto the ball just that second too long. Or he's running into blind alleys.

We are so close now to winning the league, he needs to regain his form and, as a talisman of ours, lead us to glory. Now isn't the time really to have a dip in form.

We have four games left. Four big games for us. The biggest ever possibly? We need to see the Mahrez return that can turn a game with a touch, or a shot. I'm hoping that starts tomorrow. With Vardy out, we need our big players to be big and to finish this thing.

I'm right behind him, and all of them.

Mahrez shouldn't be playing down the middle because he is too one-footed. Because of how good he is he will always have about 2 players on him, wherever he is on the pitch. If he is down the middle, he will attempt to go on to his left foot pushing him wide of goal. If he plays on the right and he beats the the men, he's automatically in front of the goal with a chance to score.

Albrighton left, Mahrez right, Ulloa and Okazaki should be what we use whilst Vardy is out.

Have to say I agree with the recent comments re. Gray's abilities compared with Mahrez's.  We all know Riyad'll come good again we just need to be patient with the lad but it's definitely not a sin to notice that he's underperformed by his own high standards in recent matches.

No it's not a sin Carl!... it's not a sin either to defend a player who we think he's been treated unfairly and not shown positive support in his lows especially and in his own club in contrast with other fans and places.... We don't mind fair or constructive criticism as 'the fox' put it, not at all.

+

I'm sorry you feel that way :) but we are not here to pick on Leicester or Leicester fans. it's just the lack of support of one's own players by some, I say "Some" fans that frustrate us sometimes. but we are all behind Leicester and rooting for the team.

Me personally Sometimes when I read some posts here I wouldn't mind a change of heart and easily root for Bentaleb and Spurs instead (excuse my honesty) but then it's unfair to the rest of fans who's been correct and most respectful.

it's funny when people get angry because as they say we don't tolerate their criticism, yet they themselves don't tolerate our perspective and us coming to defend our player..... 

We are here to make sure "Chat shit get banged" lol that's all!

Mahrez has given those important moments in the games that matters. He might not be setting the game alight but he was getting goals. At palace he got a winner, at Watford before that... People being a bit harsh... I've seen him tracking back much more which is bound to have an impact on his attacking play.

He's been a true team player. If you asked martial to track back in our system he too would look ineffective as would someone like payet.

Mahrez still produces the odd magic, which can be game changing. The setup to kante for the vardy goal was perfect. With all respect to gray/schlupp or even albrighton I doubt any of them would show the composure for a perfectly weighted pass like that.

Just having mahrez on the pitch causes opposition to have a set gameplan for him which in of itself creates opportunities and space for others. I would argue if you're looking to point the finger in the last few games (not that I would)... Look at okazaki and Albrighton before mahrez.

Mahrez has given those important moments in the games that matters. He might not be setting the game alight but he was getting goals. At palace he got a winner, at Watford before that... People being a bit harsh... I've seen him tracking back much more which is bound to have an impact on his attacking play.

He's been a true team player. If you asked martial to track back in our system he too would look ineffective as would someone like payet.

Mahrez still produces the odd magic, which can be game changing. The setup to kante for the vardy goal was perfect. With all respect to gray/schlupp or even albrighton I doubt any of them would show the composure for a perfectly weighted pass like that.

Just having mahrez on the pitch causes opposition to have a set gameplan for him which in of itself creates opportunities and space for others. I would argue if you're looking to point the finger in the last few games (not that I would)... Look at okazaki and Albrighton before mahrez.

An example of fans I mentioned above as "correct and most respectful"

+

with understanding and game vision :)

Thank you Sir!

Personally, I'd play Gray on the left, Albrighton on the right, and Mahrez down the middle, with Okazaki up top.

At least until we get Vardy back.

Definitely give this a try, or perhaps start with Ulloa up front. Either way sub Shinji/Leo at half time or 60 mins to change things up and bring on fresh legs.

Ranieri said in his interview that Vardy being out meant a change of style, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was it.

You took a chance on him lol,look at it from a different angle he took a chance on Leicester FC it well documented.

He tought the only club in Leicester played Rugby....not football .

Mahrez had offers from PSG who I believe are bigger than LCFC but choose to play his trade for a second division team Le Havre FC.

He's a driven hardworking person who will give 100% every time he plays for Leicester and Mr Ranieri .

I can't believe some of the comments from people ,here you're on the brink of making history for all the small teams not disrespect here

Constructive criticism is positive and healthy but boy Mahrez get hammered because he didn't score the last 4/5weeks.

Some post want to replace him with Gray's who played 50 Minutes premiership football in total are you on crack!!!

Mahrez and LCFC is a fairy tale ,it will not happen ever again (like Sunderland or Newcastle winning the Premier next year )no chance in hell ...

No one took a chance on no one it written somewhere in the stars lets enjoy the ride and support the team 4 games to go ...

Sunday Mahrez will be crowned PFA of the YEAR not by me or you but by fellow professionals who know the game better than us .

The boy is trying really hard ,lets show some appreciation for 16 goals 11 assists and countless MOTM .

Let's not forget the penalty miss ......sell him lol

guys, we seem to forget that we are in the LCFC forum here, and people who are supporting this club for decades have the righ to critisize any player they want.

we all love mahrez and wich the title for LCFC this year.

so please respect the others point of view and just try to enjoy the magic of this year.

thanks

Archived