Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

guys, we seem to forget that we are in the LCFC forum here, and people who are supporting this club for decades have the righ to critisize any player they want.

we all love mahrez and wich the title for LCFC this year.

so please respect the others point of view and just try to enjoy the magic of this year.

thanks

I know that there is fans that are 40-50 or even 60 years old . And that this is there childhood club . They supported the club for decades . And I respect that . As a fan for 2 years. Alot of fans here have kids as old as me but that will not stop me from pointing stuff that damage the team . We are all in this together . And I have nothing but respect for my seniors . But sometimes the frustration get the best of them . And mahrez seems to be the perfect scapegoat

guys, we seem to forget that we are in the LCFC forum here, and people who are supporting this club for decades have the righ to critisize any player they want.

so please respect the others point of view and just try to enjoy the magic of this year.

thanks

Does that mean that we keep quiet when we don't agree with a point of view?

You like , because it's their forum, that we just read and applaud??!!! of course not :)

I respect that (and I rated your post)

but I would like it better if you had suggested to others to respect our point of views as well :)

I don't think that Mahrez would realize anything! Or need to, at personal level, he already achieved more than enough this season.

Maybe, just maybe, after tomorrow this thread will be upside down for Mahrez praises and compliments and you could be one of them, just MAYBE, who knows.

So, I would't mind him being benched, actually I hope it happens, let him have a rest. He needs it.

Maybe HE, thinks that way too.

At least he will be fresh for the PFA ceremony tomorrow.

Are you serious? "He's achieved enough this year"..... so I can go to work and do a good job for 6 months and sack the rest of the year off?

I love Mahrez and think he's one of the best players in the prem on his day but he needs to step the **** up after 5 average games. The true greats make it count when it matters so **** off with your blind favouritism and let's hope Mahrez does what he's good at and contributes to another 3 points.

thanks

Exactly; if you want to discuss where he should be moving next in order to play better football then there is surely a more appropriate forum to do so elsewhere.  It's just daft bringing that sort of shit up on here then going "what did I do?" when fans of his current team who very much want to keep him around get offended by it.

I know that there is fans that are 40-50 or even 60 years old . And that this is there childhood club . They supported the club for decades . And I respect that . As a fan for 2 years. Alot of fans here have kids as old as me but that will not stop me feom pointing stuff that damage the team . We are all in this together . And I have nothing but respect for my seniors . But sometimes the frustration get the best of them . And mahrez seems to be the perfect scapegoat

I'll agree that the suggestion of replacing him with Gray is premature, especially given the temporary loss of Vardy, but a few blokes expressing that opinion in an online forum is not going to harm the club.  The whole point of this place is to discuss these things and let people know why we agree or disagree with their opinion.  I'm pretty sure nobody's booing his performances or otherwise harassing him at matches so it's enough just let them know you disagree with their interpretation of his performances without making hyperbolic statements about destroying the club.  If you think this thread is an example of scapegoating you should see the stuff Wellens endured.

You took a chance on him lol,look at it from a different angle he took a chance on Leicester FC it well documented.

He tought the only club in Leicester played Rugby....not football .

Mahrez had offers from PSG who I believe are bigger than LCFC but choose to play his trade for a second division team Le Havre FC.

He's a driven hardworking person who will give 100% every time he plays for Leicester and Mr Ranieri .

I can't believe some of the comments from people ,here you're on the brink of making history for all the small teams not disrespect here

Constructive criticism is positive and healthy but boy Mahrez get hammered because he didn't score the last 4/5weeks.

Some post want to replace him with Gray's who played 50 Minutes premiership football in total are you on crack!!!

Mahrez and LCFC is a fairy tale ,it will not happen ever again (like Sunderland or Newcastle winning the Premier next year )no chance in hell ...

No one took a chance on no one it written somewhere in the stars lets enjoy the ride and support the team 4 games to go ...

Sunday Mahrez will be crowned PFA of the YEAR not by me or you but by fellow professionals who know the game better than us .

The boy is trying really hard ,lets show some appreciation for 16 goals 11 assists and countless MOTM .

Let's not forget the penalty miss ......sell him lol

Franchement the only people I've seen suggest he should be sold are ones doing so because they think Leicester are somehow below him even though he's come from the exact same place as the club and his team mates.  Again, these are people who probably didn't even know either us or Mahrez before we bought him for a sum that many bigger teams could easily have afforded if they were so inclined.  I'm unaware of there being much competition for his signature at the time.  After all there's a difference between buying up teenage talent to bolster your youth stock and maybe make use of a player eventually (what PSG tried) and a club buying that talent 4 years later as a 22 year-old in the January transfer window with the hope that he can slot quickly into their matchday squad as they push for something as important as promotion within a league system where even his own family thought he'd struggle... and all this display of faith even though other clubs didn't appear to be interested in his services at the time as his contract wound its way down (again; I don't recall much competition for his signature at the time, indeed the only thing I can remember regarding the outside view of the transfer is a few Havre fans expressing their disappointment at losing him and letting us know we'd just unearthed a gem, nobody else seemed interested in him though I could be wrong).

I don't think he should be benched because he's always got the potential to pull something magical out of nowhere but those who do aren't saying it out of disdain for the player - I imagine they'll all readily admit the impact he's had, indeed it seems to be the basis for their opinions on him - whereas we regularly have to read disdain for our 'little club' from newly developed Mahrez fans which is just obscene given how we've made them aware of him in the first place!

Are you serious? "He's achieved enough this year"..... so I can go to work and do a good job for 6 months and sack the rest of the year off?

I love Mahrez and think he's one of the best players in the prem on his day but he needs to step the **** up after 5 average games. The true greats make it count when it matters so **** off with your blind favouritism and let's hope Mahrez does what he's good at and contributes to another 3 points.

YOU need to step the **** up of your support The true great fans make it count when it matters

So ***** off with your attitude and let's hope Mahrez does what he's good at and contributes to another 3 points.

Marking your words ;)

Mahrez is exceptional and I hope he stays with Leicester for the rest of his career. Those spindly legs that are magically used to dribble and pirouette through the opposition are reminiscent of a Best or Henry. We are indeed very fortunate to have him here at Leicester especially he suits our style of quick movement and whole hearted football. He is on a higher plain than and totally unique amongst Premier League top footballers. What a player and what a team. Come on City on to win the league.

Me personally Sometimes when I read some posts here I wouldn't mind a change of heart and easily root for Bentaleb and Spurs instead (excuse my honesty) but then it's unfair to the rest of fans who's been correct and most respectful.

it's funny when people get angry because as they say we don't tolerate their criticism, yet they themselves don't tolerate our perspective and us coming to defend our player..... 

YOU need to step the **** up of your support The true great fans make it count when it matters

So ***** off with your attitude and let's hope Mahrez does what he's good at and contributes to another 3 points.

I think that's all that really needs to be said.

Why aren't people aloud to criticise a poor performance or two? Do you honestly believe if he left for a Chelsea or arsenal (especially) or a PSG that if he played like he had recently there they wouldn't be criticising him? Ofcourse they would and he'd be benched. **** off with this 'fans who deserve him' bollocks. He'd get criticised by your fans if he turned up for a tournament for Algeria and played poorly too. Do you lot then not deserve him? No player is above criticism.

Why aren't people aloud to criticise a poor performance or two? Do you honestly believe if he left for a Chelsea or arsenal (especially) or a PSG that if he played like he had recently there they wouldn't be criticising him? Ofcourse they would and he'd be benched. **** off with this 'fans who deserve him' bollocks. He'd get criticised by your fans if he turned up for a tournament for Algeria and played poorly too. Do you lot then not deserve him? No player is above criticism.

Of course constructive criticism is allowed but we need some perspective.

For starters this is a man in only his second season in top flight football who is odds on to be able PFA player of the year. 16 goals, 11 assists in the league alone. And that's at Leicester! He has been one of if not the most important match winner this year.

His work rate has improved and it's perfectly well known our formation allows him to play freely, but his desire to work for the team has largely been very good.

And now to recent criticism. People saying he's been poor in the last 5/6 games.. Bare in mind it was less than a month ago that he scored the winners in two 1-0 wins away at palace and Watford. And against Sunderland he played the most through balls of anyway in the prem that weekend.

He's earned the right to have the odd quiet game also. So please just get behind him FFS. He is such a confidence player and just needs a slight boost again to get him back scoring and assisting. Moaning about it won't help at all! And I'm sure if he really is being that lazy then I trust Claudio to make that call.

Get behind him today and let's hope he shows everyone again how good a player he is and how lucky we are to have him.

Gray looking promising in ten minute cameos isn't really equatable with the best player in the country this year. He's been a bit quiet last three games but come on!

I didn't compare their form over the season. I said about the last four matches, in which, Mahrez has looked lackluster. 

Personally, I'd play Gray on the left, Albrighton on the right, and Mahrez down the middle, with Okazaki up top.

At least until we get Vardy back.

Totally agree. I said this in the pre match thread a few days ago. Okazaki as the main striker, Albrighton on the right with Gray and Mahrez swapping.

For starters this is a man in only his second season in top flight football who is odds on to be able PFA player of the year. 16 goals, 11 assists in the league alone. And that's at Leicester! He has been one of if not the most important match winner this year.

His work rate has improved and it's perfectly well known our formation allows him to play freely, but his desire to work for the team has largely been very good.

And now to recent criticism. People saying he's been poor in the last 5/6 games.. Bare in mind it was less than a month ago that he scored the winners in two 1-0 wins away at palace and Watford. And against Sunderland he played the most through balls of anyway in the prem that weekend.

He's earned the right to have the odd quiet game also. So please just get behind him FFS. He is such a confidence player and just needs a slight boost again to get him back scoring and assisting. Moaning about it won't help at all! And I'm sure if he really is being that lazy then I trust Claudio to make that call.

Get behind him today and let's hope he shows everyone again how good a player he is and how lucky we are to have him.

I don't boo him. I get behind him. But to have a go at people for criticising him is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that he's quality and we're lucky to watch him play (when he's on form) but sunderland was a lacklustre performance so why can't it be pointed out? West ham was better but by his own high standard wasn't great.

I do believe he's one great run/assist/goal away from tearing people apart again because he's that kind of player. But if he isn't playing well its gonna be pointed out and rightly so.

As for swapping for grey I personally wouldn't because he's always capable of the one moment of magic that decides a match but I can see where people are coming from. Especially after he said being dropped earlier in the season helped motivate him

Not rocket science. Teams started doubling up on him so Claudio encouraged him to push inside and find space. You think it's happening so consistently without him being told to do it?

It's leaving us sadly without width and I'm not sure I agree with it as a tactic but then we're still winning games and still five points clear so I guess The Don knows a bit more about football than I do!

Mahrez is a must,

He may not be in top, top form but he has a level of unpredictability that is hard to play against.

Even when out of form having him in the team means clubs have to double mark him, they often lose a bit going forward, and pcychologically having to play someone being considered the best player in the league this year must have an effect.

It's all my own opinion, but there are a few of our players who the opposition must hate facing, and he is one of them.

Mahrez needs to turn up today. I'd imagine he'll play through the middle personally as can't see a Shinj/Leo front two doing the job.

He's gone missing in the last few games through a combination of poor form and teams doubling up against him.

Well said, that's the point... imo, you nailed it.

His presence has dragged players out which therefore makes space for other players to use. I think today will be even more difficult for him, as without vardy, the opposition will see him as the main threat.

I think people have missed his work off the ball recently. I have watched him quite carefully and he has been quietly drawing players out with later runs than before or by hanging on the edge of the box during attacks. Very clever tactics by Claudio. Unfortunately by playing like that down the middle he loses some of that creative spark he would normally have out wide.

We are not saying "No" to criticism Arty, we are saying No to 'some unfair' criticism. I think it's normal, healthy and set the balance (frustrating at times I know :( )

Not rocket science. Teams started doubling up on him so Claudio encouraged him to push inside and find space. You think it's happening so consistently without him being told to do it?

It's leaving us sadly without width and I'm not sure I agree with it as a tactic but then we're still winning games and still five points clear so I guess The Don knows a bit more about football than I do!

Exactly, football is not only played with ball...it's how you play it without ball as well, sometime just your presences hold players and your movement open up spaces. and some people dismiss that.

We are not saying "No" to criticism Arty, we are saying No to 'some unfair' criticism. I think it's normal, healthy and set the balance (frustrating at times I know :( )

That fair enough, but it's not coming across that way. It seems anytime anyone says something negative about his performance then all of a sudden we don't deserve him. I do think the 'lazy' tag some tried to use is unfair but from what I've read most has been justified.

He is a great player. He is a match winner and hopefully he'll bag the winner today. I just hope it doesn't turn into an 'I told you so' scenario because nobody is denying his talents.

Archived