Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

To be fair, I think we could play the u21s and beat Swansea this weekend.

Based on what? They beat Chelsea last week. This will not be easy at all, they have players like sigurdsson who can make something out of nothing and we aren't exactly free scoring at the moment.

Please don't say things like that!

This won't be an easy game at all.. Swansea have some excellent players and could quite easily cause an upset!

Keep Paloschi and Sigurdsson quiet and we're fine. They're really not that good, it's a shame so many people have completely lost faith in us on the back of Spurs doing well, not even us under performing.

Are you on sabbatical from 'the fighting cock' ?

Yeah, little secondment over here. It's alright.

Based on what? They beat Chelsea last week. This will not be easy at all, they have players like sigurdsson who can make something out of nothing and we aren't exactly free scoring at the moment.

They scored a goal and then sat 11 men on the edge of the box and a lazy inexperienced Chelsea team couldn't break them down or score the sitters they did create.

They did lose 3 nil to Newcastle and aren't exactly flying... we also beat them comfortably at their place, I'm far from worried, we just need to do what we have been and we will win

The basics , give your team mate a good ball , simple easy stuff , if you can't beat two why lose the ball to two marking you

He has had space in every one of last 4 games his head looks a bit blown , it's just an opinion.

He has been very average by his high standards Last 4 games or so

Now is the time for him to shine

United away is his stage , they won't double up on him for huge periods , he needs to deliver !

Love the boy but he is a confidence player , he needs to stay another 2 years here or he will be sat on a bench somewhere in Spain.

He will be better off sitting in a beautiful beach and the bench as you keep saying in Barcelona than staying another 2 years with ungrateful fans like you .

Your best player for 132 years since your club was created,LCFC is on the brink of making history people as far as Australia and Japan are supporting the team and all you have to say !!!

Drop your best player because he didn't score the last 4 games,do not worry next season you will have see a lots of Gray .

You love the boy (you're going to love love him more next season )you might even get a postcard from Spain or London

Some of the smugness on here astounds me. There are no easy games in The Premiership and we've contrived to draw against Villa this season which is about as bad as it gets. We'll need to work and fight full-on to beat Swansea and every other team over the run in. 

Please, don't sound like a disgusting rag. For so long have i ditched their plastic "supporters", it pains me to see that a bunch of fellow City fans are starting to behave like these scums.

Swansea should be treated with respect, as a team that has been in the league for longer than us and with decent results considering their budget.

lol just for clarification, I don't think our u21's could beat Swansea. Our u21s would struggle to beat Swansea u16's.

Newcastle have just beat them 3-0. Newcastle. If you really don't think our team fired up and raring to go can beat these then you may as well call the rest of the season a write-off and give your season tickets to a mate.

Also get 11/10 on the Swansea/Draw double chance, so may as well make a few quid off it.

We were the club that picked him up from no where, not ungrateful... but it is tense going into the last four and we know he is capable of a lot more and now with Vardy missing, he is going to have to step it up.

Yes indeed you picked him up ......but not nowhere from a decent 2 division French team renowned for bringing good young's players all this thanks to Mr Steve Walsh and Mr Pearson

He wasn't playing football in a beach in Sunderland with Sam ,he was in a proper professional sitting .

My point is some fans here became pimps let's sell for £30 or £40 mil because he doesn't score every week slating the man .Mahrez ain't Albrighton or Kante he's a flair player by definition don't expect him to run till the cows come home

He's working hard tracking the team shape has changed in the last few weeks ,the pressure is mounting a draw is better than a loss at this stage of the season .

Mr Ranieri is an old fox he knows better what Mahrez bring to the team .

Maybe you picked him from nowhere but boy he got you somewhere ....Allez Leicester

I think if he starts well he'll win this for us. Beats a couple of players in the first 10 minutes and he'll know he's got the beating of them. If he tries a couple of things and they don't come off then the odd moan will probably get him stopping and coming back inside all game.

Needs to play in the hole against Swansea. The fact that we'll have to make changes brings a great opportunity to play him and Gray in the same team and get him off the wing.

The issue then is how we accomodate him in a midfield or ACM role without jeapordising the role Kante and Drinkwater play. There are too many good options for me to comprehend. Schlupp? Mahrez in the hole? Change it up to a 3-5-2? The latter would involve having to drop one of Fuchs or Simpson, neither of which deserve it.

It's maddening waiting for Sunday now. I'm a bundle of nervous excitement thinking of how we're going to approach the game.

He will be better off sitting in a beautiful beach and the bench as you keep saying in Barcelona than staying another 2 years with ungrateful fans like you .

Your best player for 132 years since your club was created,LCFC is on the brink of making history people as far as Australia and Japan are supporting the team and all you have to say !!!

Drop your best player because he didn't score the last 4 games,do not worry next season you will have see a lots of Gray .

You love the boy (you're going to love love him more next season )you might even get a postcard from Spain or London

Are we dropping Kante becasue he's not scoring? Harsh imo 

strangely enough, i think Mahrez would have to do less running and chasing playing the okazaki role, than he does on the wing. According to distance covered stats i've seen for a few games - which are pretty meaningless on their own i must say - Mahrez and albrighton cover the most distance with their constant tracking back and keeping the compact defensive shape ranieri likes to keep.

I am very interested to see what Ranieri does this weekend too. Can't wait really. Mahrez in the hole sounds exciting, and with a swansea team who might not be all up for it - bit like stoke with euro championships coming up who's going to go flying into a 50% with as much commitment as a title chasing team?

Gray showed great touch when setting up Vardy at sunderland and was generally quite calm on the ball. Would love to see him do some of the stuff he did in the u21 game for England.

Archived