Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

IT'S OFFICIAL - Wales Are Better Than England

All the hard work and improvement made by Coleman will be undone by Giggs, considers himself to good for a normal gaffers job in the lower leagues and not willing to prove himself at club level. This appointment won’t last long and Wales will take 2 steps back

29 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

All the hard work and improvement made by Coleman will be undone by Giggs, considers himself to good for a normal gaffers job in the lower leagues and not willing to prove himself at club level. This appointment won’t last long and Wales will take 2 steps back

fingers crossed

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Turbogre said:

When Shakey went didn't he declare that he wasn't interested in the city job ! Cheeky twat - as if we'd offer it to him . 

14 hours ago, MattP said:

When I saw it I thought what a strange appointment. 

What's strange about it? High profile, former Wales player looking to get in to management. 

It was always going to be Giggs if he wanted it and Bellers if he didn't. It's just how we recruit. 

Started Sparky's career, started Speed's career, went for Cookie after he passed. 

The FAW doesn't have the money to recruit someone with experience, what we want is a big name that will inspire the young lads to actually turn up. That's step one of being the Wales gaffer. Toshack was a bit of an exception being older and having actually achieved a bit in the game but he was largely over the hill and nobody else wanted him. Plus, he'd gobbed off so much about Sparky he sort of had to put his money where his mouth was. 

Odds on it'll end up being one of Rambo, Bale, Williams or Gunter's first jobs in management as well. 

Anyone expecting much else hasn't been paying much attention to Welsh football post-Bobby Gould (not that I could blame you.)

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

What's strange about it? High profile, former Wales player looking to get in to management. 

It was always going to be Giggs if he wanted it and Bellers if he didn't. It's just how we recruit. 

Started Sparky's career, started Speed's career, went for Cookie after he passed. 

The FAW doesn't have the money to recruit someone with experience, what we want is a big name that will inspire the young lads to actually turn up. That's step one of being the Wales gaffer. Toshack was a bit of an exception being older and having actually achieved a bit in the game but he was largely over the hill and nobody else wanted him. Plus, he'd gobbed off so much about Sparky he sort of had to put his money where his mouth was. 

Odds on it'll end up being one of Rambo, Bale, Williams or Gunter's first jobs in management as well. 

Anyone expecting much else hasn't been paying much attention to Welsh football post-Bobby Gould (not that I could blame you.)

The others at least had shown signs of being managers, Giggs had a shocker with a Man Utd squad and was so bad they moved him out of anything to do with the first team.

Good luck, I think you'll need it.

18 minutes ago, MattP said:

The others at least had shown signs of being managers, Giggs had a shocker with a Man Utd squad and was so bad they moved him out of anything to do with the first team.

Good luck, I think you'll need it.

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

P.S Surely the FAW is swimming in cash after the last few years?

Probably in a better financial situation than they were pre-Speed but nowhere near enough to go and hire a top end manager tbh. 

And I'm not saying Giggs is a good appointment, I'm just saying he's nowhere near a surprising one. He's been nailed on for ages. 

Team picks itself anyway. You say "good luck" but let's be honest, Coleman is awful and "he" got us to a semi final of a major tournament. Bale and Rambo being fit is infinitely more important to us than whoever the manager is at the end of the day. 

Let's be honest, either of them are missing and we probably couldn't beat Gibraltar. With both of them in the team every game, I reckon even Col City fan could get us to the WC. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

you stole Speed off of Sheff U

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Giggs' father 'ashamed' of son, calls him unfit to manage Wales
https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/1468291

Pretty powerful. How do you not apologize to your brother after shaggin his wife.

Amazed Ryan Giggs have never gotten tarred with the same brush John Terry has really. Both massive *****.

• Like 1