Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

IT'S OFFICIAL - Wales Are Better Than England

Never been personally fussed about the FIFA rankings, particularly since Blatter has been in charge.

Just can't understand why posters who presumably know something about football seem to think that FIFA world rankings affect which pot Wales, England et al will be in come the 2016 EURO finals draw. France and Spain will obviously be in the Pot 1 teams being host and holder respectively.

Anyway hoping both the Irish teams make it as well.

I don't know why people get worked up about these things. It's a points based system, Blatter can't influence it in any way and it's virtually meaningless. Who cares?

as much as i agree, it's far from meaningless when it comes down to it. 

switzerland comfortably got out of their world cup group as they were top seeds, whilst ours had 3 of the better sides in the world in it, purely based on world "rankings". they actually matter quite a lot to lower teams too, as they are what qualifying groups are based on. wales should qualify for 2 or 3 of the next 5 tournaments because i assume they will be top or second seeds in their qualifying groups, so will avoid bigger teams. 

it's fvcked up. 

Wales were 34th, I think, in EURO rankings in January 2014. UEFA will rework the rankings after the four play-offs are completed.

Let's see where the British nations are then and restart the debate in December.

Personally I would like all British teams to make the finals, except of course Scotland.

Imagine our side with a Gareth Bale? Someone upfront with raw pace, power and desire to get his head on the end of every ball or beat a man with no fear that fans aren't going to boo him for losing the ball or the media are going to slate him because he hasn't scored. I haven't seen the Welsh headlined papers today but can imagine there isn't a single bad word said.

Rooney is a shadow of the kid in Portugal 11 years ago. 18 and wanting to beat every man in sight and score goals for his country, Sterling, The Ox, Barkley and Kane don't look half the player Rooney was all them years ago or Owen at that age.

The former has always been the culture with England, even 15 or so years ago the knifes were always unsheathed in preparation from the media. As for Rooney, much as I think he doesn't fit Englands style any more (far too cumbersome and slow on the ball when he's surrounded by pacey, direct players like Sterling and Ox), I think it's a bit unfair to criticise the change in play - he did do his metatarsal in twice before the age of 21 after all, when you suffer two pretty bad injuries while that young it is going to knacker your playing style a bit

serious lmao at everyone getting worked up by Wales being half decent nowadays.

England have won all their group games, stop getting your knickers in a twist about it.

Having said that I wouldn't fancy us to beat them at the moment.

None of our team really look like they can be bothered (Even Vards didn't have his usual effort on Saturday) whereas Wales have a team who really want to do well for their country and have a world class forward, a potentially world class midfielder and a superb leader. Good luck to 'em.

Nobody is getting their knickers in a twist, everyone English in this thread knows England would beat Wales. Simple as that!

It's only a few people (including yourself) that thinks otherwise. And your opinion is about as relevant as Hugo Sanchez's.

Granted Bale is brilliant and Ramsey is a fantastic footballer but not one other Welsh player gets in the England side, when England are 100%!

Wales would beat england but it would be like there cup final. Why would england want to play wales in the lead up to the euros, wales would get far more out of it then england. If england win then that's expected so there is little point. Would rather england play the likes of Spain, Italy, France rather then the welsh.

And don't forget, wales haven't qualified yet.

Wales would beat england but it would be like there cup final. Why would england want to play wales in the lead up to the euros, wales would get far more out of it then england. If england win then that's expected so there is little point. Would rather england play the likes of Spain, Italy, France rather then the welsh.

Wales would not beat England.

bf0d11c57e9a9d6f6e737d2149c8ec6d.jpg

as much as i agree, it's far from meaningless when it comes down to it. 

switzerland comfortably got out of their world cup group as they were top seeds, whilst ours had 3 of the better sides in the world in it, purely based on world "rankings". they actually matter quite a lot to lower teams too, as they are what qualifying groups are based on. wales should qualify for 2 or 3 of the next 5 tournaments because i assume they will be top or second seeds in their qualifying groups, so will avoid bigger teams. 

it's fvcked up. 

Well, you should've played a worse WC 2014 qualification then. :D

Not trying to go too much into detail and rehashing old stories, but Switzerland still struggled in the opener against Ecuador for long periods before sealing a very late win, then got taught a lesson by France, only to recover in time with a win versus Honduras.

Funny your argument tends to omit the England game against Costa Rica... :whistle:

And if a team like Costa Rica can finish first in a WC group with England, Italy and Uruguay, what does that say about England?

Edited by MC Prussian

I'm not saying wales are better then england, I'm saying they would (at the moment) beat them in a one off match as they have more to prove

Why? All you've done is given made up variables saying Wales will try harder than England and then stating as fact that they will definitely win a one off match because of that. Is this another of Wymesy's accounts?