Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

You'd be disappointed, like every Leicester fan I'd imagine. No need to be bitter about it if he does end up leaving though. Did you react like you describe when Cambiasso left last summer?

I don't think it's being bitter to not care about a player if he wants to jump ship after only one season.

I only ever saw Cambiasso as a stop gap, which he was due to his age and having no legs by the end of the season.  I see Kante as the future of this club, he is a player we build around and need to keep. 

He is absolutely my favourite player ever to wear a LCFC shirt. However, if he goes then I want him to go now. I don't want to see another Cambiasso situation where it drags on till late July, with us absolutely pleading for him to stay, and we end up buying Gokhan Inler or some equivalent disaster, and we end up facing the CL with Drinkwater, James, King and Amartey as our midfield. I'm not dissing any of those players, and to be honest, I would like to see Drinkwater and James resume the partnership that served us so well for a long time, but that's a triumph of hope over logic. We need to buy an international-class DM, and the sooner the better. The sad thing about it is if we can manage to jump the hurdles and actually sign an international-class DM, then he won't be as good as Kante. 

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a huge European Giant like Barca, PSG etc as much as I want him to stay. But right now, we are the best club in England, we have secured champions league football and have a great togetherness moving forward. I see no reason to justify a move to our rivals other than more money. We brought him out the wilderness into English football and allowed him to develop into what he has become last season. He has us to thank as much as we have him to thank. Moving to Arsenal would just be a kick in the face to us as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone and his dog are saying this season was a one off. We might be champions, but we're not the biggest club in the UK and we're certainly not expected to repeat the feat. We're not at the top of the food chain, but it seems this season's success has gone to a few people's heads.

You see no reason to move, but Kanté might have different reasons and motives. Money is obviously not a trifling matter, but Kanté with his modest lifestyle, doesn't strike me as a greedy person.

That said, he should look out for himself first and foremost and that means maximising his gains from a relatively short footballing career.

He's 25 already and won't have been on "megabucks" prior to this season. He now has an opportunity to earn enough to last him a lifetime.

Why should his considerations be any different to when you or I get offered a lucrative job?

Also, we might have given him his major break, but then again Caen might say the same thing when they picked him up. Should they feel bitter about losing him to us? They were playing Ligue 1 (hardly "wilderness") and Leicester wouldn't have been such an attractive prospect if the club wasn't loaded by virtue of playing in the Premier League.

If he left for Arsenal on a big fat wage, I'd be wishing him good luck and would thank him for what he achieved with us. Sour grapes is so small time... we're better than jealous Forest fans aren't we?

I don't think it's being bitter to not care about a player if he wants to jump ship after only one season.

I only ever saw Cambiasso as a stop gap, which he was due to his age and having no legs by the end of the season.  I see Kante as the future of this club, he is a player we build around and need to keep. 

I wholeheartedly agree that we should fight tooth and nail to keep Kanté. With him in the squad, I strongly believe we will always be able to compete with anyone.

You don't have to care after he leaves, but I don't see why it's relevant whether he stays here one or two seasons. If you truly want to follow that line of thought, then he should stay for the duration of his contract. But it's widely accepted that the duration of footballers' contracts doesn't mean a great deal. He's left a lasting mark at this club, despite having only been here a short time, and that won't diminish if he leaves now.

Really don't understand this whole 'big club' thing at all

Being a 'big club' doesn't bring you success

Or is qualifying as a 'big club' just completely down to how rich your owners are now?

It's the glamour, the fame, the history, the association one has to those clubs and, yes, higher chance of success and silverware. The Manchester Utds, Arsenals, Barcelonas are far more succesful than a club like Leicester at this point in time. It's not that hard to understand, really.

Obviously, wealthy owners can propel clubs to more success (as they have done with Leicester) so I'm sure there's some correllation if you look close enough.

It's the glamour, the fame, the history, the association one has to those clubs and, yes, higher chance of success and silverware. The Manchester Utds, Arsenals, Barcelonas are far more succesful than a club like Leicester at this point in time. It's not that hard to understand, really.

Obviously, wealthy owners can propel clubs to more success (as they have done with Leicester) so I'm sure there's some correllation if you look close enough.

How exactly are Arsenal more successful than us at this point in time?

Are Leeds and Forest still classed as 'big clubs'? Or are they not any more because they don't have particularly wealthy owners?

'Big club' just seems to be a different way of saying 'We were quiet successful ages ago'

I don't personally think it should have any sort of baring on a transfer tbh

I mean look at Man City, first league win they got all of a sudden they were the biggest club in the country. And then people say were still lower minnows to all these fancy clubs that can just walk into our front door and take our players because they are somehow 'bigger'

I know what id say if some manager said to me 'We'd really like to sign you, we've done awful last season, but look at all these trophies we won 30 years ago!'

I'd love to see a poll on how many of our fans think we're the biggest club in England after winning the league once. The more posts I see the more I'm starting to think a scary amount genuinely think we're already up there with the biggest and best established clubs in world football.

I wholeheartedly agree that we should fight tooth and nail to keep Kanté. With him in the squad, I strongly believe we will always be able to compete with anyone.

You don't have to care after he leaves, but I don't see why it's relevant whether he stays here one or two seasons. If you truly want to follow that line of thought, then he should stay for the duration of his contract. But it's widely accepted that the duration of footballers' contracts doesn't mean a great deal. He's left a lasting mark at this club, despite having only been here a short time, and that won't diminish if he leaves now.

No one can win with you can they?

I'd love to see a poll on how many of our fans think we're the biggest club in England after winning the league once. The more posts I see the more I'm starting to think a scary amount genuinely think we're already up there with the biggest and best established clubs in world football.

Sorry, let's just be s**t then because we're not allowed to do well for the next few seasons

we are 

Just imagine Kante at the king power next season in an Arsenal shirt taking the ball off Drinkwater and running 30 yards with it to set up a goal  :nono:

Was will clothesline him just outside the box.

Anyone who would even contemplate booing Kante, should he move on to another Premiership side, doesn't deserve to share the success we have had. These people are just ignorant, petty, moronic little shytes, and are not worthy of the word  fan. Feck off and support someone else. We don't need, or want you, at our club.

Sorry, let's just be s**t then because we're not allowed to do well for the next few seasons

Or let's be realistic about the situation.

we are 

Shaddap scouse, I knew you'd be on that like tince on a scream in a bush

Arsenal like all the big clubs having trouble finding talent from the lower leagues. Hope Kante hangs about but if not I believe we have the scouting unlike Arsenal to replace him. He's not the only little scoundrel out there....we will be fine regardless.

Anyone who would even contemplate booing Kante, should he move on to another Premiership side, doesn't deserve to share the success we have had. These people are just ignorant, petty, moronic little shytes, and are not worthy of the word  fan. Feck off and support someone else. We don't need, or want you, at our club.

Exactly how I felt after reading some of the post here..

Or let's be realistic about the situation.

I present to you..... reality!

2lwolxe.png

I present to you..... reality!

2lwolxe.png

You think we're the the most attractive proposition in the Premier League because we finished top, I don't. I doubt we'll agree. Although it's good to see we won the league, thanks for sharing that :D I will never tire of seeing that.

You think we're the the most attractive proposition in the Premier League because we finished top, I don't. I doubt we'll agree. Although it's good to see we won the league, thanks for sharing that :D I will never tire of seeing that.

:thumbup:

Archived