Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Get the feeling he doesn't fit in with the lads. Did anyone else hear the players saying 'I like to run' in an accent mimicking his when Kante collected his award at the club do?

As far as he's concerned if he can earn more at a bigger club, why wouldn't he if he isn't part of the 'family'? The unity and closeness of the team seems to be the main thing keeping our stars at the club.

I know we panicked when Cambiasso left and it ended up fine. I know we have decent back up. However I fear Kante is a complete one of a kind player, impossible to replace. Feel like without him we wouldn't have won the title. Absolutely crucial to the way we set up.

the players clearly appreciate him dont they though - player's player of the year 

Why shouldn't they boo him?

He wasn't wanted by any BIG clubs last season, we take the chance, help him to get into the euros and become well known and he isn't even seeing out his contract with us.

I'd boo him.

Great as he has been, I'd boo him for the traitorous move to a side we're competing with.

Yeah, let's just forget his share in the single greatest achievement of this club.

Did you have a problem with Heskey leaving for Liverpool? Lineker leaving for Everton?

It's bloody retarded to claim 'we' helped him into the Euros. HE helped the team win the title and his own performances got him into the Euros. HE made his name for himself.

Leicester were not regarded as anything special before this season, but HE contributed to everyone in the world noticing us.

You've got it all turned upside down mate!

the players clearly appreciate him dont they though - player's player of the year 

They obviously appreciate him as a footballer. Not so sure how much they value him as 'one of the lads'.

People trying to find problems with him here when there isn't any (apart from his shitty buy out clause).

About him not fitting in with the lads, c'mon get a grip. Not everyone has to be the same. Guys like Danny Simpson crave limelight, vardy likes a laugh and joke, Fuchs is social media savvy etc. etc. Not everyone has to be the same, going out with the lads having a drink.

These players have a bond on the pitch. NG symbolises that more than anybody. And all the players respect him for that. That's why they voted him our best player. Morgan the captain has mentioned how he is amazed how he much he gives even in training.

About him not fitting in... well even in France the old stories of him were he was shy quiet lad that would hardly speak. So all this wanting to be with frenchies is BS. He did admire Arsenal but he's not going to go there for French speaking and fitting in... he's hardly the type that wants to appear in team selfies doing the spassy three fingered pose.

Currently he and his agent is trying to get the best deal for him. Can't blame him for wanting a pay rise, and from all the footballers in the world he deserves it.

Get the feeling he doesn't fit in with the lads. Did anyone else hear the players saying 'I like to run' in an accent mimicking his when Kante collected his award at the club do?

As far as he's concerned if he can earn more at a bigger club, why wouldn't he if he isn't part of the 'family'? The unity and closeness of the team seems to be the main thing keeping our stars at the club.

I know we panicked when Cambiasso left and it ended up fine. I know we have decent back up. However I fear Kante is a complete one of a kind player, impossible to replace. Feel like without him we wouldn't have won the title. Absolutely crucial to the way we set up.

I get the impression he's very shy but fits in perfectly well, especially with Mahrez who in turn is popular with everyone. Riyad hopefully staying might be all it takes for Kante to stay.

A player leaving to better themselves at a footballing giant in Europe I can forgive. Taking a sidestep to a fellow BPL club for no valid reason is a massive betrayal in my eyes. He'll go from hero to zero very quickly.

I don't think he'll go to Arsenal. I can't believe they'd sign him and Xhaka.

Saying that it is Arsenal and Wenger would probably sign 6 midfielders before he contemplates bidding £10mil for a forward.

Yeah, let's just forget his share in the single greatest achievement of this club.

Did you have a problem with Heskey leaving for Liverpool? Lineker leaving for Everton?

It's bloody retarded to claim 'we' helped him into the Euros. HE helped the team win the title and his own performances got him into the Euros. HE made his name for himself.

Leicester were not regarded as anything special before this season, but HE contributed to everyone in the world noticing us.

You've got it all turned upside down mate!

We did help him though. It's a two way process. Where would Vardy, Mahrez and Kante be without us? Without PL winners medals I am adamant.

I'm completely unworried by this.

I don't believe there is a minimum fee release clause and Kante comes across as the loyal kind who just wants to play football. If he's happy in his environment he'll stay IMO and he has a documented good relationship with Mahrez. I think all of our players want to stay and give it one more year to see how far this group can go.

We did help him though. It's a two way process. Where would Vardy, Mahrez and Kante be without us? Without PL winners medals I am adamant.

Yes, of course. If they didn't play for a club they couldn't compete in the league, could they.

It reeks of entitlement, jealousy and ungratefulness when anyone suggests we should boo any of them should they leave.

It's not like Leicester as a team, club or city is the be all and end all in football or life.

You can be disappointed, yes, but booing them after what they've done? Get a grip.

Yes, of course. If they didn't play for a club they couldn't compete in the league, could they.

It reeks of entitlement, jealousy and ungratefulness when anyone suggests we should boo any of them should they leave.

It's not like Leicester as a team, club or city is the be all and end all in football or life.

You can be disappointed, yes, but booing them after what they've done? Get a grip.

There is no denying it would be a cvntish move by Kante to go to another BPL club. I don't care what anyone says.

And the LCFC Club would be without PL title without them. I am adamant.

I wouldn't boo him but I also wouldn't care about his career if he wants to jump ship so soon after winning the league.  I think he will stay, it seems like it's the usual agent talk so give him what he needs, if he still wants to leave then Fuch him.  As much as we owe him for being part of this amazing season, he is being paid to do a job.  I doubt he would be on many clubs radar if he went to Marseille and no way would he be in the French squad.

It's hard to get a read on him in todays intrusive society when he doesn't live his life on social media.  He seems to be so focused on playing football rather than the other trappings of being a footballer.

Just like with the Mahrez rumours, I would hate to see him in a Barca/PSG/Arsenal shirt as that would mean he's not with us anymore.  Hopefully we can start adding to the squad to show people we mean business next season.

There is no denying it would be a cvntish move by Kante to go to another BPL club. I don't care what anyone says.

Why? What does he owe us? He's given us more than anyone of us ever dreamed of. I don't see how anyone could begrudge him a move to a huge club whether in the UK or elsewhere.

I would argue Ranieri is right when he says Kanté would be best off staying with us for another year as he excels in our team and will have the biggest club stage of all to show his abilities. It will only enhance his reputation.

I wouldn't boo him but I also wouldn't care about his career if he wants to jump ship so soon after winning the league.  I think he will stay, it seems like it's the usual agent talk so give him what he needs, if he still wants to leave then Fuch him.  As much as we owe him for being part of this amazing season, he is being paid to do a job.  I doubt he would be on many clubs radar if he went to Marseille and no way would he be in the French squad.

It's hard to get a read on him in todays intrusive society when he doesn't live his life on social media.  He seems to be so focused on playing football rather than the other trappings of being a footballer.

Just like with the Mahrez rumours, I would hate to see him in a Barca/PSG/Arsenal shirt as that would mean he's not with us anymore.  Hopefully we can start adding to the squad to show people we mean business next season.

You'd be disappointed, like every Leicester fan I'd imagine. No need to be bitter about it if he does end up leaving though. Did you react like you describe when Cambiasso left last summer?

Why? What does he owe us? He's given us more than anyone of us ever dreamed of. I don't see how anyone could begrudge him a move to a huge club whether in the UK or elsewhere.

I would argue Ranieri is right when he says Kanté would be best off staying with us for another year as he excels in our team and will have the biggest club stage of all to show his abilities. It will only enhance his reputation.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a huge European Giant like Barca, PSG etc as much as I want him to stay. But right now, we are the best club in England, we have secured champions league football and have a great togetherness moving forward. I see no reason to justify a move to our rivals other than more money. We brought him out the wilderness into English football and allowed him to develop into what he has become last season. He has us to thank as much as we have him to thank. Moving to Arsenal would just be a kick in the face to us as far as I'm concerned.

Archived