Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Couldn't bring myself to boo him but you can't deny we would be entitled to feel very disappointed if he left us for all but a few clubs. That would be PSG, Real or Barcelona. He is from Paris and nobody can touch the Clasico clubs for prestige and magnitude in the game right now. Bayern you might argue for inclusion in there.

From his first few minutes as a sub most of us had seen it, the player he had become during last season at Caen. It only took until after Bournemouth away for me to say that we would not be playing many more minutes of the rest of the season without him if available. He has a very special talent for his position. I think he gets in to any team in the world. Its been called already but it genuinely is like having 2 players in 1.

Now there's no denying that there's a clutch of teams bigger than us who he would be justified in being drawn to for increased prestige. But there'd be no hiding behind the fact that money is overwhelmingly the main motivation. Many other players who have made comparable moves before have been able to bullshit, but those avenues are closed to Kanté.

Will he get a game every week here? - Yes

Can he win trophies here? - Looks like it!

Can we offer him CL? - Yes

Do we fvcking love him here? - Yes

That leaves money and prestige. Kanté doesn't seem to be the type who cares about growing his 'personal brand'.

Arsenal?!? lol - the only club up there in our league who I wouldn't back to win the title after signing him.

Couldn't bring myself to boo him but you can't deny we would be entitled to feel very disappointed if he left us for all but a few clubs. That would be PSG, Real or Barcelona. He is from Paris and nobody can touch the Clasico clubs for prestige and magnitude in the game right now. Bayern you might argue for inclusion in there.

From his first few minutes as a sub most of us had seen it, the player he had become during last season at Caen. It only took until after Bournemouth away for me to say that we would not be playing many more minutes of the rest of the season without him if available. He has a very special talent for his position. I think he gets in to any team in the world. Its been called already but it genuinely is like having 2 players in 1.

Now there's no denying that there's a clutch of teams bigger than us who he would be justified in being drawn to for increased prestige. But there'd be no hiding behind the fact that money is overwhelmingly the main motivation. Many other players who have made comparable moves before have been able to bullshit, but those avenues are closed to Kanté.

Will he get a game every week here? - Yes

Can he win trophies here? - Looks like it!

Can we offer him CL? - Yes

Do we fvcking love him here? - Yes

That leaves money and prestige. Kanté doesn't seem to be the type who cares about growing his 'personal brand'.

Arsenal?!? lol - the only club up there in our league who I wouldn't back to win the title after signing him.

well said that man

Bloody hell one season and most people on here think we're the new Barcelona.

Yes we can offer players the prospect of CL but the idea that 'only a few' clubs are more attractive than us at the minute is laughable nonsense.

I dearly hope he stays but I wouldn't hold it against him if he leaves.

Going to sound obvious here but just because Arsenal (and the like) haven't won many trophies since their 'The Invincibles' season, doesn't mean they're not a better prospect than us just because we won the PL trophy for the first time.

Perhaps Kante feels under-pressure to perform like he did this season gone again and expect to help the club to compete for 1st/2nd/3rd again - and wants to be at a club known for generations for competing at the top.

Arsenal aren't too far us, Xhaka and Kante is, perhaps, all they need to compete more than last season. :dunno:

How about, let's see what unfolds and those inclined too can have their drama queen moments then!

Hissy fitting now when it's only speculative paper shit stirring is frankly quite pointless.

And talk of booing him is ridiculous.

Sponsored by the Catholic Church as well.

Sponsored by the Catholic Church as well.

It's Honda ?

That's offensive.

I'd call for you to be banned but that only happens when you start Nugent threads.

He is Just another FT bigot

I'd love to see a poll on how many of our fans think we're the biggest club in England after winning the league once. The more posts I see the more I'm starting to think a scary amount genuinely think we're already up there with the biggest and best established clubs in world football.

Agree.

People think because we won the league we are a bigger pull than Manchester United and Chelsea. And even Arsenal. It's the same with our players. A lot of people get get a bit touchy when you suggest we should upgrade some of our players.

Kante going to Manchester United is wouldn't be a surprise. Doesn't matter that we've got CL football and they don't.

Seems well liked from what I've seen. I'd boo him if he left to another English club and an English club only, but mainly because I hate the sort of clubs he'd go to- Arsenal Utd etc-hate them, could never hate him. Can see him going PSG and to be honest, I can't blame him.

It's Honda ?

He is Just another FT bigot

Was clearly a joke but apologies, honda though lol

That's offensive.

I'd call for you to be banned but that only happens when you start Nugent threads.

Wernt that bad mate lol.

Agree.

People think because we won the league we are a bigger pull than Manchester United and Chelsea. And even Arsenal. It's the same with our players. A lot of people get get a bit touchy when you suggest we should upgrade some of our players.

Kante going to Manchester United is wouldn't be a surprise. Doesn't matter that we've got CL football and they don't.

I don't think any logical LCFC supporter would suggest we are bigger than Manchester United and Arsenal.

However, at this moment in time, with the current crop of coaching and players within our team, the fact we can probably comfortably offer 80-100k a week, the fact Kante likes the Premier League, the fact next season we will be defending OUR title and the fact that he could be involved in a historical champions league campaign with us would leave a very bad taste if he left now for another PL club.

If we can keep the same team and add some more quality, I think we have a good chance as any English clubs of doing well in the CL. The current quality at Arsenal, Man C etc is miles behind Real, Barca, Bayern. Our style of football will be a shock to a few top teams in the CL but we MUST keep our star players. I also think Kante deserves to give LCFC at least one more season.

None of those names conjure up any image other than greedy bastards at the head table scoffing all the grub while they keep everyone else away. They're more successful because they've had the dice loaded in their favour for so long and they'd be happy to keep the status quo - so I waste no interest or goodwill on them. I've begrudged them (and other erstwhile big clubs) every player they've dangled money in front of - McClintock, Clarke, Nish, Shilton, Lineker, Smith, Gary Mac, Heskey. And I know we've done the same to other clubs since time immemorial - but I'm a City fan first and foremost so I tend to leave egalitarianism to my politics.

One of the reasons I've enjoyed this season so much is because we've not gone on to the park in awe of them - that finally they've had to fear us. I hope it remains that way or, if we go off the boil, West Ham or Stoke or like clubs will find a way to negate the abysmal management technique of buying ones way to success - rather than building it up.

Brilliant post.

Shinji Okizaki was very demonstrative toward him on the victory parade. So, at least one of 'the lads' apparently likes him.

I'd be cautious about projecting cliques and animosities within the squad and isolating individuals as 'outsiders'. There are certain players who obviously fit 'the lads' description - some of whom have been criticised on these pages for certain aspects of their behaviour.

If Kanté left because he felt scorned or isolated by team members then who would be at fault? Him or the thoughtless 'comrades' who may not like him? As you've said he has been pivotal to the superlative team work which won Leicester the trophy. You can't like everyone but I would hope that all of them are respected by each other for the contribution they have made to the success of the Club.

We don't really know what he is like. He seems very unassuming - the man who walked to work and then switched to travelling in a borrowed Mini. He appears to be reticent - yet so does Mahrez. Quietness and reticence aren't at all 'bad' character traits but often attract adverse comment from those whose manner is more extrovert. The situation at a football club is rather like school I imagine - the usual selection of bullies, swots, fat kids, hyper-actives, sneaks etc. That's what you get when you 'babby' grown men.

Get what you're trying to say but my point remains. The playground bullies as you put it, are what form the core of the dressing room. It's the tightness of that core that will keep the majority of our squad together. However, if you're not part of that gang it's one less reason to stay. With big money and massive clubs on the table, it could be that which swings it one way or the other.

I don't think any logical LCFC supporter would suggest we are bigger than Manchester United and Arsenal.

However, at this moment in time, with the current crop of coaching and players within our team, the fact we can probably comfortably offer 80-100k a week, the fact Kante likes the Premier League, the fact next season we will be defending OUR title and the fact that he could be involved in a historical champions league campaign with us would leave a very bad taste if he left now for another PL club.

If we can keep the same team and add some more quality, I think we have a good chance as any English clubs of doing well in the CL. The current quality at Arsenal, Man C etc is miles behind Real, Barca, Bayern. Our style of football will be a shock to a few top teams in the CL but we MUST keep our star players. I also think Kante deserves to give LCFC at least one more season.

Kante leaving could potentially have the domino effect, if one of our top players leave then it's a lot easier for the next one to go and so on.

I'd be very disappointed in him if he jumped ship at the first opportunity without giving us another year to see if we'd just had a stand out season or this is our level. He can earn an excellent salary here, he with the current best side in the country and we're showing ambition not to rest on our laurels.

I wouldn't boo him if he left but I'd never look at him in the same light again and he'd never be a Leicester legend.

On Saturday, whilst with the France national team preparing for Euro 2016, Kante was asked about whether he will stay at Leicester this summer.

Kante replied, as quoted by L’Equipe: “For now, I am happy at Leicester. I do not pay too much attention to everything that is said. For now, I am in Leicester and I focus on the Euros.”

Leicester fans will note the two “For nows” which suggest Kante is playing his cards close to his chest.

http://www.101greatg...linked-lequipe/

Archived