Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

Derby are one of those teams that won't go lower than 10th, big potential, and are always knocking on the door to get further (up) - but unable to no matter what they do.

Hope Nigel sorts this 'issue' out for them and get them up again.

Derby I think have got the players to build a great team with, some good young players and if they can get in the premier league then I can see them doing well. Pearson would be the right man for that but there yet to still go for him. It's madness how Pearson is being snubbed by so many clubs.

I appreciate what he did for the club in building some of the foundation, but he was a total cock when it came to off the field and I for one was glad when he went.

We're odd in this country, we seem to prefer someone pander to the media or be a plucky loser than a winner. The bloke was paid to manage the club and he did a fantastic job.

Didn't help his image when he told one of our fans to **** off and die and when he tried to strangle James McArthur for no reason. The whole Ostrich gate was quite embarrassing tbh.

Didn't help his image when he told one of our fans to **** off and die and when we tried to strangle James McArthur for no reason. The whole Ostrich gate was quite embarrassing tbh.

Yeah man - I mean, look at the fear in McArthur's eyes. The panic, the horror - thank Christ he escaped alive.

256F53A400000578-2944027-image-a-34_1423

Didn't help his image when he told one of our fans to **** off and die and when he tried to strangle James McArthur for no reason. The whole Ostrich gate was quite embarrassing tbh.

The fan got what he deserved, James McArthur was strange seemed it started out as being playful then looked like it went serious, ostrich gate I thought was hilarious and so did the players and staff.

Yeah man - I mean, look at the fear in McArthur's eyes. The panic, the horror - thank Christ he escaped alive.

256F53A400000578-2944027-image-a-34_1423

Pearson came out of that looking like an idiot.

tbh november to march last year was utterly forgettable and horrific other than pearson's antics. we've got a lot to thank him for in that spell. the players were shit but he kept up his levels of banta. 

tbh november to march last year was utterly forgettable and horrific other than pearson's antics. we've got a lot to thank him for in that spell. the players were shit but he kept up his levels of banta.

Phantom Pearson sacking before the Arsenal game was probably our peak banter era.

I agree, much better than telling us they are redoubling efforts in training and other lies. He just decided to piss everyone off for a while which is far more entertaining.

Guest FriendlyRam

Pearson will need a season to rebuild at Derby & bring in his own players. There's alot of muck in that squad, Bradley johnson was signed for 6m (Kante was only 5.6 lol).

The following season tho, we'll be seeing Derby in the prem! Good luck to Pearson!!

Oh we bought some garbage, not the individual player but they just don't fit the style MM wanted, which is why we've ended up looking disjointed, you could say they've over performed because the style their being asked to play doesn't fit the squad we have. 

If we were to get NP I;m pretty sure MM would have to stay out the dressing room, there's no way we can carry on like last season if we have aspirations of being in the premiership. I'd happily give NP the time to ditch the dead wood and bring in his own players, if it takes 2 or 3 seasons to get up then so be it.

Really hope he gets Derby in the premier league, don't mind them they're a pretty harmless club and will be nice to have a guaranteed six points every season.

They won't be a guaranteed six points if Pearson is their manager!

Still fails me how some people haven't worked out the Ostrich thing was pre-determined. Maybe not ostrich exactly but he was always going to try and hoover up all the focus and column inches. It looked like we were turning our season around but we were nowhere near safe. We had just lost having taken a battering in the second half. He felt like he had to do something to take people's attention off the fact we had just lost. The journos start asking questions about defeat and our perilous position and maybe the players think they've shot their last bolt, that the last burst of energy wasn't enough. So Pearson jumped on the grenade. You can tell by the way he says it. Keeps repeating the first bits while he thinks of some ridiculous analogy to throw out and some bizarre follow-ups.

And it worked. The defeat was forgotten, the players go back in laughing and smiling about what a big nutter he is and we win our next game and momentum is back as if the defeat didn't happen. Ask any neutral tomorrow what game that incident came after and I bet they won't know.

Still fails me how some people haven't worked out the Ostrich thing was pre-determined. Maybe not ostrich exactly but he was always going to try and hoover up all the focus and column inches. It looked like we were turning our season around but we were nowhere near safe. We had just lost having taken a battering in the second half. He felt like he had to do something to take people's attention off the fact we had just lost. The journos start asking questions about defeat and our perilous position and maybe the players think they've shot their last bolt, that the last burst of energy wasn't enough. So Pearson jumped on the grenade. You can tell by the way he says it. Keeps repeating the first bits while he thinks of some ridiculous analogy to throw out and some bizarre follow-ups.

And it worked. The defeat was forgotten, the players go back in laughing and smiling about what a big nutter he is and we win our next game and momentum is back as if the defeat didn't happen. Ask any neutral tomorrow what game that incident came after and I bet they won't know.

Couldn't disagree more.

He looked like a man under stress that had let it get to him. Which ultimately lost him his job.

Once more...We were a side who looked doomed. Our goals for to goals conceded ratio was terrible. We were constantly over run in the midfield and our defence was put under so much pressure it cracked time and time again. Vardy couldn't hit a barn door.

Then. .....We signed Robert Huth, pit an extra man in the midfield to support the ageing Cambiasso and the rest, as they say,is history.

It was what Pearson did ON the field that changed our fortunes. Finally he got it right. It took time, but he got there. OFF the field, he looked a plonker time over. None of this 'he did it on purpose' cobblers. Compare his demenour, his manner, his professionalism with the media, to that of Ranieri...They are different as chalk and cheese.

Anyway. ...If any side want to sign a manager to get them promoted out of the Championship, Pearson is your man. Villa were fools not to make sure they got him.

Couldn't disagree more.

He looked like a man under stress that had let it get to him. Which ultimately lost him his job.

Once more...We were a side who looked doomed. Our goals for to goals conceded ratio was terrible. We were constantly over run in the midfield and our defence was put under so much pressure it cracked time and time again. Vardy couldn't hit a barn door.

Then. .....We signed Robert Huth, pit an extra man in the midfield to support the ageing Cambiasso and the rest, as they say,is history.

It was what Pearson did ON the field that changed our fortunes. Finally he got it right. It took time, but he got there. OFF the field, he looked a plonker time over. None of this 'he did it on purpose' cobblers. Compare his demenour, his manner, his professionalism with the media, to that of Ranieri...They are different as chalk and cheese.

Anyway. ...If any side want to sign a manager to get them promoted out of the Championship, Pearson is your man. Villa were fools not to make sure they got him.

Im talking specifically about the Ostrich thing, which was clearly on purpose. Ferguson and Mourinho and the like have done similar for years.

The Liverpool fan incident and the James Macarthur thing were obviously not on purpose.

I don't remember him being sacked (properly) directly after any incidents involving him last season. They wouldn't have been allowing him to be as involved in pre-season preparations as he was if that's what it was about. He almost certainly, unjustly, paid for his sons sins.

I don't remember him being sacked (properly) directly after any incidents involving him last season. They wouldn't have been allowing him to be as involved in pre-season preparations as he was if that's what it was about. He almost certainly, unjustly, paid for his sons sins.

James' misdemeanours, I fear were the proverbial last straw.

He's 1/4 fav for us now

I hope we get him, and a majority of our lot have warmed to him as well.. we're too soft and need a "barstard" in there to give us a mean streak, we don't criticise refs at the IPRO, we're too much of a soft touch and with Pearson we'd have someone to get on refs backs... plus he might give Tom Ince a kick up the backside, either that or kick him out of the club. 

To be honest I never really thought he was that bad for that. He's got an edge to him but you rarely heard him talk about the ref. There'll be examples but nothing too notable.

He'll get you up. Don't let people get into your head about his antics. They are there, but he may have sat back, watched for example Ranieri and how he deals with it all, and taken a few notes, because for all I thought it was overhyped how he behaved, he didn't exactly help himself.

Be patient with him and you'll get your reward. He's a clever bloke and he's got bollocks.

Archived