Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

I thought NP would be a perfect fit for Villa but it sounds like their new Chineese owners fancy Roberto Di Matteo as their next boss. Strange one that. I wonder if NP might just retire gracefully and go fishing or whatever he does. I guess he's financially secure for life so maybe he just doesn't need the stress and hassle? Would be nice to hear from him about his goals/aspirations.

I thought NP would be a perfect fit for Villa but it sounds like their new Chineese owners fancy Roberto Di Matteo as their next boss. Strange one that. I wonder if NP might just retire gracefully and go fishing or whatever he does. I guess he's financially secure for life so maybe he just doesn't need the stress and hassle? Would be nice to hear from him about his goals/aspirations.

Said on the radio this morning the two main frontrunners are Di Matteo and Pearson still.

Said on the radio this morning the two main frontrunners are Di Matteo and Pearson still.

O.K, fair enough. The piece I heard suggested Di Matteo was their number 1 choice, but good to hear NP is still in the frame. Really hope he gets it

Reckon Pearson will be Derby manager in the summer

I'd rather he didn't but that's the perfect club for him really, big(isn) club in the championship, money to spend, decent players that aren't twats, good board and it's not too far from Sheffield

Just how important to Pearson were Walshy and Shakey?

Without Walshy there to bring in the gems... well there is only so much you can polish a turd....

And i'm beginning to seriously wonder if other clubs are picking up on the fact that a Pearson without Walshy is not the full deal they are wanting.,..

Without Walshy there to bring in the gems... well there is only so much you can polish a turd....

And i'm beginning to seriously wonder if other clubs are picking up on the fact that a Pearson without Walshy is not the full deal they are wanting.,..

But without a manager who knows how to make players play and tick, he wouldn't have got us promoted a couple of times.

I'd very much prefer him to Holloway, Mowbray etc personally.

Did you not see the side he got to 5th in the Championship in his second season here?

I could understand this point if he'd had a job since finishing with us and failing in that job but he hasn't.

Either way it can't be proved whether he'd be successful or unsuccessful with or without Shakespeare and Walsh, but to come up with that comment and claim fact is abit unfair I think.

Moyes apparently not interested so it comes down to Pearson and Di Matteo. If Villa are smart they'll go with Pearson but I suspect they will choose Di Matteo and regret it.....

Di Matteo would be a good appointment. He did a good job at West Brom when he got them promoted and he is a Champions League winner. The problem is if he could sort out the whole mess of the club.

If I had the choice I would take Pearson as you know you could trust him to get rid of the deadwood and wouldn't take any shite from anyone.

Villa are basically in the same situation Hull were in and Nige did a successful job, but I'd imagine Villa wants an immediate revival which I can't see Nige doing in a year.I hope he gets it regardless, I can't stand Villa but they are a big club and a good opportunity for him, probably the best one he's going to get if he wants to be in the dugout next season.

Moyes apparently not interested so it comes down to Pearson and Di Matteo. If Villa are smart they'll go with Pearson but I suspect they will choose Di Matteo and regret it.....

Pearson's son is certainly hoping he gets the Villa job - he likes Asian women!

Why is anyone really bothered?

Attachment to a manager who gave us some good times? Much like MON, many LCFC fans have followed his career with a degree of interest and goodwill. You should leave the past in the past sure but no need to become completely indifferent....

We have a 'Van Gaal sacked by Man United' thread and you're worried about the thread discussing the future of a manager who was here for six seasons, won two leagues, signed most of the greatest squad in our history and reshaped both the entire backroom staff and the direction and mentality of our football club?

You'd have thought it'd be fairly obvious to anybody why some people are interested.

We have a 'Van Gaal sacked by Man United' thread and you're worried about the thread discussing the future of a manager who was here for six seasons, won two leagues, signed most of the greatest squad in our history and reshaped both the entire backroom staff and the direction and mentality of our football club?

You'd have thought it'd be fairly obvious to anybody why some people are interested.

I just find it completely weird that people can't like him.

He did nothing but good for our club and we wouldn't be where we are today without him.

Why are you bothered so much to open a thread about NP  to ask if  anyone is bothered about a thread about NP?

Derby could be an interesting one for him, they made all the right noises when the appointed Paul Clement but sacked him after a reasonable half a season, although there were alleged rumours about where he was putting his willy  so it may not have been for purely footballing reasons.

If they are willing to give NP control and put up the money to build the infrastructure he could do well there.

Guest FriendlyRam

He's 1/4 fav for us now

I hope we get him, and a majority of our lot have warmed to him as well.. we're too soft and need a "barstard" in there to give us a mean streak, we don't criticise refs at the IPRO, we're too much of a soft touch and with Pearson we'd have someone to get on refs backs... plus he might give Tom Ince a kick up the backside, either that or kick him out of the club. 

He's 1/4 fav for us now

I hope we get him, and a majority of our lot have warmed to him as well.. we're too soft and need a "barstard" in there to give us a mean streak, we don't criticise refs at the IPRO, we're too much of a soft touch and with Pearson we'd have someone to get on refs backs... plus he might give Tom Ince a kick up the backside, either that or kick him out of the club. 

He's not really like that (I mean he'll no doubt get rid of anyone who isn't pulling their weight, but he's not constantly making excuses or putting pressure on officials), you shouldn't want him because you're too soft, you should want him because he's brilliant at constructing good teams that work hard and win. But congratulations if it happens, fantastic manager who the majority of Leicester fans have a great deal of affection for, don't care what anyone else thinks I'll be hoping you win the Championship so that he gets the chance he deserves to manage in the Premier League and we can show him the appreciation he deserves when he comes back to Filbert Way and at the iPro.

Guest FriendlyRam

He's not really like that (I mean he'll no doubt get rid of anyone who isn't pulling their weight, but he's not constantly making excuses or putting pressure on officials), you shouldn't want him because you're too soft, you should want him because he's brilliant at constructing good teams that work hard and win. But congratulations if it happens, fantastic manager who the majority of Leicester fans have a great deal of affection for, don't care what anyone else thinks I'll be hoping you win the Championship so that he gets the chance he deserves to manage in the Premier League and we can show him the appreciation he deserves when he comes back to Filbert Way and at the iPro.

a lot of our fans didn't want him because of his interviews... but once you've told them it was all an act and he was doing it to protect his players they've warmed to the idea, if he's appointed he'd be perfect for us in the Championship.. I've watched the way he dismantled Steve McClarens tactics at your place in 2013/14 season, finished 4-1 but we were totally ripped apart that day and could have lost 6-1. We've got to realise it takes more than a bit of nice passing to get out of this league we're in, and Pearson has been there and done it. 

Archived