Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

Don't think Moyes would be a great appointment for them to be honest.

Screams of averageness.

Nigel Pearson is the clear choice if you don't want to be relegated again but make sure you're rebuilt in the right way.

Tbf Moyes has achieved far more than Pearson. Not sure why people seem to think he's such a poor appointment in comparison to Pearson.

It's the stigma of his last two jobs that does it - although you could argue that in hindsight he wasn't as bad as it seemed at United (or at least compared to LVG)?

There may also be the suspicision that Moyes methods are outdated - but I'm not sure how true that is.

That said, people may forget how good a job he was doing at Preston before he took over at Everton.

Tbf Moyes has achieved far more than Pearson. Not sure why people seem to think he's such a poor appointment in comparison to Pearson.

Pearson is basically the best manager to get you out of the division

Agreed, you need someone who knows that bastard league inside out. 

Not for me, a good manager will achieve. Chris Hughton didn't know the league inside out when he walked it with Newcastle. Moyes was solid at Everton, and them challenging for Europe, he'll do well at Villa provided they sort out the field rubbish first.

Villa need Pearson badly. He's not stupid about his players. He knew trouble when he saw it here and got them out as quickly as he could (despite laughable calls that he was the problem). The problem is there is that the Mills', Beckfords etc... seem to almost be in the majority. They need a complete and utter rebuild.

Won't happen, but Celtic would be nice, I wouldn't have to feel guilty about wanting Waggy to miss out.

Wouldn't want to see Nige up there getting a load of abuse (they give it to every English manager in droves at Septic)

He's far too good for the SPL as well.

Middlesbrough's a good job? Compared to Villa?

Depends on how you look at it. Middlesbrough are a team on the up with a winning mentality, while Villa need a pretty thorough rebuild and probably a handful of psychologists, too.

In the end, it's about the time at your disposal and what you want to make of it. Turning Villa around could take a considerable amount of time, whereas the challenge with Middlesbrough would be to keep them in the Premier League obviously. With the new TV money kicking in, he'd have less to worry about even in the case of relegation back to the Championship.

Yes.

Villa might be the 'bigger' club in terms of history, but that's exactly that, history.

What is the more positive club in this current moment? Middlesborough.

Now I know Pearson could go into Villa and change that, you could argue he did that here, but there is a massive job on a Villa, so much deadwood to shift, the owner wants to sell up, so doubt he'll be that keen on spending too much.

We all know Pearson doesn't spend all that much, but even so, i'm talking about moving players on rather than signing players, I can see Villa having to pay players off because I can't see many clubs being interested on taking them on with the attitudes some of them have shown this season, Lescott, Agbonlahor to name but two - then the secondary phase would be replacing those players, it's a massive job.

If Villa don't get the right man, of which Pearson probably would be the right man, I can see Villa going down again, maybe not immediately next season, but within the next 4 years, Middlesborough will be going the opposite way regardless of whether Karanka stays, Karanka goes, Pearson comes in, Pearson doesn't come in, they are on the up, Villa, everything is negative, everything is on the way down, unless the get right person in, which is why i'm hoping so much they don't get Pearson in.

MC Prussian has probably said what i'm trying to say in better words (and less).

If you were being generous you could say Middlesbrough is roughly level with us . If it's such a great job, why does Karanka want to leave>

The players he would inherit there might not fit how he wants to play so I'm not sure the rebuilding job theory really works.

Depends if Pearson wants a challenge, there's a lot of talk of a takeover at Villa and depends how serious they are. Middlesbrough would interest more probably because he's been there and knows the club. I'm surprised Pearson has been out of work so long, the amount of clubs that have snubbed over the last year or so. Forest fans were shitting themselves recently when they seen him up there, but looks like they maybe disappointed. 

Archived