Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

I just find it completely weird that people can't like him.

He did nothing but good for our club and we wouldn't be where we are today without him.

I have enormous respect for his results, but from the (limited to media) knowledge i have of the man himself i cant like him.

He's 1/4 fav for us now

I hope we get him, and a majority of our lot have warmed to him as well.. we're too soft and need a "barstard" in there to give us a mean streak, we don't criticise refs at the IPRO, we're too much of a soft touch and with Pearson we'd have someone to get on refs backs... plus he might give Tom Ince a kick up the backside, either that or kick him out of the club. 

Best thing he did for us was to quickly identify who wanted to be successful and who was just picking up their wages and he culled a fair few players which did us the world of good. He has a great knowledge of young players and he replaced the big names Sven brought in with quality young players.The other thing he deserves huge credit for is that he was largely responsible for putting in place the backroom / sports science structure that has served us so well. To be fair he did that first time round at LCFC and he laid the foundations at Hull - don't forget that they were in a horrible mess before Nige arrived and he sorted them out too.

I love the guy, I think he'll be a great appointment for your lot which is a shame because I ****ing hate Derby.

He's not really like that (I mean he'll no doubt get rid of anyone who isn't pulling their weight, but he's not constantly making excuses or putting pressure on officials), you shouldn't want him because you're too soft, you should want him because he's brilliant at constructing good teams that work hard and win. But congratulations if it happens, fantastic manager who the majority of Leicester fans have a great deal of affection for, don't care what anyone else thinks I'll be hoping you win the Championship so that he gets the chance he deserves to manage in the Premier League and we can show him the appreciation he deserves when he comes back to Filbert Way and at the iPro.

Your love of NFP is getting in the way.

Why would you want another East Midlands team to succeed and compete against us in the PL?

I want all Midlands clubs to fail so we can pick up as much support as possible.

Guest MattP

He's 1/4 fav for us now

I hope we get him, and a majority of our lot have warmed to him as well.. we're too soft and need a "barstard" in there to give us a mean streak, we don't criticise refs at the IPRO, we're too much of a soft touch and with Pearson we'd have someone to get on refs backs... plus he might give Tom Ince a kick up the backside, either that or kick him out of the club. 

You are very lucky if you get him. He'll clear out the shit and only bring in players who will die for the cause, it won't be pretty at times but you'll very rarely feel let down.

Absolutely certain you'll be in the Premier League within a couple of years if he does end up there.

Guest MattP

Why would you want another East Midlands team to succeed and compete against us in the PL?

I want all Midlands clubs to fail so we can pick up as much support as possible.

We sell out every week and have about 10,000 odd trying to get in every week now who can't.

Why do we need to try and claim more support around the East Midlands? :unsure:

We've won the Premier League that's all I wanted from my life when it comes to Leicester really. I'd love us to achieve more, I don't think that's dependent on Derby staying in the Championship frankly. You're right I love Nigel Pearson for what he did for Leicester City and that far outweighs any animosity I have for Derby County, I hope he achieves as much as he can there as long as it's not at our expense. I don't expect you to understand because you hate him, but that's how I feel. He deserves more than he got from his time here and I hope it happens for him there.

He's 1/4 fav for us now

As mark_w  said, he isn't that kind of manager, and we weren't that kind of team, if anything we were too nice and honest last season (2014-15) and in previous championship seasons. The signings of Marcin Wasilewski and later Huth made huge differences in giving his teams some steel and a little bit of nasty.

If you take Deeney day for example, this season it never would have happened, he would have been taken out on the half way line and we would have picked up a booking.

He is a no nonsense manager and he will get rid of the bad eggs, but those he likes he will love and protect, someone like Ince could go either way, he generally prefers his own signings, when he came back to Leicester he inherited Nugent, Scmeichel, Konchesky who stayed here the whole time Nigel was here and Matt Mills, Neil Danns, Gelson Fernandes, Sol Bamba, Michael Ball, Yuki Abe and many more who were all binned off at the earliest opportunity. Beckford was an interesting one he wasn't playing well and seemed to have an attitude problem but Pearson saw something he liked and persevered with him, even starting his first full season back with Beckford and Vardy up front. It just didn't work out.

We sell out every week and have about 10,000 odd trying to get in every week now who can't.

Why do we need to try and claim more support around the East Midlands? :unsure:

Shirt sales etc

Anything that ends up in the coffers is good.

A Leicester fan wanting Derby, Forest or co* to succeed is just wrong.

Shirt sales etc

Anything that ends up in the coffers is good.

A Leicester fan wanting Derby, Forest or co* to succeed is just wrong.

Sorry. I hope we smash them whenever we play them for the Nigel Pearson Trophy if that helps.

If he goes theyll get top 6 without a doubt next season, and as Derby have no French players theyll be better placed for their playoff campaign than we were either time.

I genuinely feel sorry for any City fan that still cant look back at him and his tenures positively. Last season simply could not have been achieved without him and I'd wager nobody at the Club would deny it. I'd be very surprised if a sizeable brown envelope didn't land on his doormat on 3rd May.

Pearson will need a season to rebuild at Derby & bring in his own players. There's alot of muck in that squad, Bradley johnson was signed for 6m (Kante was only 5.6 lol).

The following season tho, we'll be seeing Derby in the prem! Good luck to Pearson!!

It will be interesting to see how well Nigel Pearson does without Steve Walsh & Craig Shakespeare beside him.

There's know doubt Pearson is a very good manager but it's quite clear that it was Walsh who had the eye for identifying players.

Can see him taking Kevin Philips & Chris Powell as his backroom staff wherever he ends up.

I appreciate what he did for the club in building some of the foundation, but he was a total cock when it came to off the field and I for one was glad when he went.

We are egding nearer the 'is he gonna go bloody anywhere'?! thread at this rate....

Edit...not the sheep shaggers! At least Mark w will get off here and join the DCFC forum... :P

That'll happen wherever he goes, like the times I joined the Hull, Wigan, Millwall and Rangers forums and was never seen on Foxes Talk again.

He'd sort out Derby and get them promoted within 2 seasons. The deadwood in Derby's squad who are just there to pick up wages will be shipped out and he will bring in good young players and experienced solid pros who will knuckle down and put a shift in.

Derby would actually be a perfect club for him. Similar fanbase to us and not far from his home either.

He'd sort out Derby and get them promoted within 2 seasons. The deadwood in Derby's squad who are just there to pick up wages will be shipped out and he will bring in good young players and experienced solid pros who will knuckle down and put a shift in.

Derby would actually be a perfect club for him. Similar fanbase to us and not far from his home either.

Really hope he doesn't go there cus he will build up a fantastic infrastructure and a solid group of quality players with a winning mentality ...   then when he's fired for being an opinionated tw@t Super Mario will nip in, polish them up a bit and the b@stards will win the prem.   No thank you !

It will be interesting to see how well Nigel Pearson does without Steve Walsh & Craig Shakespeare beside him.

There's know doubt Pearson is a very good manager but it's quite clear that it was Walsh who had the eye for identifying players.

Can see him taking Kevin Philips & Chris Powell as his backroom staff wherever he ends up.

It will indeed be interesting to see how he does without Walsh's scouting expertise - and without Shakespeare (I presume he must have something to do with the improvement in some of our players over several years).

Then again, Pearson obviously spotted Walsh and Shakespeare as outstanding sidekicks so, unless he just got lucky, presumably he'll be able to do that again with new appointees?

Derby are one of those teams that won't go lower than 10th, big potential, and are always knocking on the door to get further (up) - but unable to no matter what they do.

Hope Nigel sorts this 'issue' out for them and get them up again.

Really hope he doesn't go there cus he will build up a fantastic infrastructure and a solid group of quality players with a winning mentality ...   then when he's fired for being an opinionated tw@t Super Mario will nip in, polish them up a bit and the b@stards will win the prem.   No thank you !

Thing is as well we were in a far worse state than Derby are now. We were in the 3rd tier with some absolute shite nicking a living. He completely transformed the club from top to bottom. At Derby they're in a much healthier state so he would definitely get them up within 2 years.

Derby County - 2019/20 Premier League champions.

Archived