Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RedSoxUK

USA 2016 Presidential Election Thread

POTUS  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as POTUS?

• Donald Trump
    • Ben Carson
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Rand Paul
    • Martin O'Malley
    • Jim Webb

Guest MattP

Clinto could have her own funding problems if she decides to go with Elizabeth Warren as VP.

National polling doesn't really matter though here, Clinton will win HUGE in democrat strongholds, the only thing that matters like in every US election is the results in Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada etc etc

It obviously isn't terrorism and if he thought he had a chance to grab a policeman s gun and shoot Trump he probably a bit mental or at least extremely thick.

Just complete idiot I think, as Webbo says earlier not the greatest action plan.

Pathetic cry for attention.

Clearly I need to work on making snark more obvious in my posts. I apologise. It's pretty clear this man is just a nutter with no extenuating agenda, but I thought given the dichotomy that does arise every time someone does something nuts over there it was worth lampshading for satirical effect.

Regarding November, as Matt says it's the swing states that matter - and even now, Trump needs lots of them and Hillary only a few.

Guest MattP

Any need for the personal abuse - we don't do that sort of thing on here anymore?

If people want to abuse themselves I have no problem with it.

Guest MattP

There was a great discussion on Radio 4 earlier about this and whether we can put forward the point again (so often used in reverse) that this young man is now also a victim of radicalisation, is the media inciting violence against Donald Trump?

Whatever the merits or demerits of this particular candidate, discussion of Trump’s ‘fascism’ for instance now seems to have become even more acceptable in the UK than in the US, we always accuse the media of stoking things up and surely they are also to blame here, newspapers and columnists of all sides have declared him everything from Satan to Hitler in their coverage of the American election.

If this is true, then what right minded person wouldn't kill him?

There was a great discussion on Radio 4 earlier about this and whether we can put forward the point again (so often used in reverse) that this young man is now also a victim of radicalisation, is the media inciting violence against Donald Trump?

Whatever the merits or demerits of this particular candidate, discussion of Trump’s ‘fascism’ for instance now seems to have become even more acceptable in the UK than in the US, we always accuse the media of stoking things up and surely they are also to blame here, newspapers and columnists of all sides have declared him everything from Satan to Hitler in their coverage of the American election.

If this is true, then what right minded person wouldn't kill him?

I think it's a possibility to consider - certainly he's a massively polarising candidate and varying media opinion reflects that extreme polarisation.

That being said, Trump is far more adept at using such incitations to create a siege mentality and garner support for himself.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I saw this thread so I thought it fitted okay, given Obama isn't allowed to run for re-election due to the US constitution.

I am going to be writing a politics essay prize about whether elected leaders should have a limit on their term in office. Has anyone studied such a topic, know of any reading material for this sort of question or actually have any opinions on the issue? I'm not sure what sort of topics I'd break it down into. I'm not asking Foxestalk to do my work for me, clearly I'll be doing lots of research for this but I'm not sure where to start, so any pointers in the right direction would be of great help  :)

The British lad has autism, obsessed with Robot Wars and Daily Mirror revealing image of his room fully camouflaged.

I suppose the event yesterday was caused by both autism (deep interest) and possible radicalisation as well.

Possible 10 year sentence seems very harsh, considering he's got no criminal background.

Guest MattP

Quickly dropping here as just came across an article we spoke about quite heavily a few weeks back regarding the ABH stuff.

First poll from Bloombery sees Sanders supporting voters going.

55% Clinton

22% Trump

18% Johnson

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-22/nearly-half-of-sanders-supporters-won-t-support-clinton

#feeltheberniesfortrump

Come on Matt, just say that you want Trump to win. You've been wanting to for months, forget all that bluster about 'years ending in '16 are very bad for humanity'.

Step up to the plate, my friend. :D

lol

Guest MattP

Come on Matt, just say that you want Trump to win. You've been wanting to for months, forget all that bluster about 'years ending in '16 are very bad for humanity'.

Step up to the plate, my friend. :D

I missed this naughty little dig. :o  In the last year I've backed a general 3/1 shot in a Tory majority, a general 3/1 shot in Brexit, Trump is a general 3/1 shot, do you really want me to come out for him?

In all seriousness as much as I find Clinton odious you can't seriously vote for Trump, it's politics of the gutter and his term would more than likely be a total disaster, so I won't be stepping up to any plate aside from the one prepared for my portly gut.

I missed this naughty little dig. :o  In the last year I've backed a general 3/1 shot in a Tory majority, a general 3/1 shot in Brexit, Trump is a general 3/1 shot, do you really want me to come out for him?

In all seriousness as much as I find Clinton odious you can't seriously vote for Trump, it's politics of the gutter and his term would more than likely be a total disaster, so I won't be stepping up to any plate aside from the one prepared for my portly gut.

Dig? Moi? :ph34r:

:D

But seriously...are we headed for a perfect storm of world political chaos or what? Trump winning would make it complete, I reckon.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I saw this thread so I thought it fitted okay, given Obama isn't allowed to run for re-election due to the US constitution.

I am going to be writing a politics essay prize about whether elected leaders should have a limit on their term in office. Has anyone studied such a topic, know of any reading material for this sort of question or actually have any opinions on the issue? I'm not sure what sort of topics I'd break it down into. I'm not asking Foxestalk to do my work for me, clearly I'll be doing lots of research for this but I'm not sure where to start, so any pointers in the right direction would be of great help :)

There's a lot of research and writing in the U.S. on this issue when it comes to presidential term limits - particularly in the 20th century.

• 4 weeks later...

How on earth has the right side of politics, allowed this fool to become the nominee? The same thinking that makes Boris the foreign minister i guess. I guess these people are actually reflective of conservative thinking and attitudes. 

These are YOUR representatives, they are saying what YOU think and reflecting YOUR opinions. WTF? lol

Archived