Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Concourse Trouble

It was over Nathan Dyer being cup tied, two blokes arguing whether he was and it escalated, nearly came to full punches before stewards stepped in.

Are you being serious? Who would nearly get into a physical fight over a question of if a player is cup tied or not. I could slightly understand and mitigate the arguement if it was between opposing supporters but amongst our own??? FFS this takes the cake in terms of stupidity and nearly as stupid as.......... ( cannot find anything to compare it with tbh!).

One or both are twats for allowing it to get close to a punch up!

Are you being serious? Who would nearly get into a physical fight over a question of if a player is cup tied or not. I could slightly understand and mitigate the arguement if it was between opposing supporters but amongst our own??? FFS this takes the cake in terms of stupidity and nearly as stupid as.......... ( cannot find anything to compare it with tbh!).

One or both are twats for allowing it to get close to a punch up!

One of them was adament he wasn't cup tied and the other just said something like "well you know nothing then" eventually and then the guy called him out and started the aggression towards him asking him if he wanted to be knocked out and spend the night in A&E.

Other guy said fcuk off and stop behaving like a child and the bloke went mental saying I'll show you what a child is and then tried to barge past everyone to get to him before he got caught asked to calm down before getting lobbed out.

One of them was adament he wasn't cup tied and the other just said something like "well you know nothing then" eventually and then the guy called him out and started the aggression towards him asking him if he wanted to be knocked out and spend the night in A&E.

Other guy said fcuk off and stop behaving like a child and the bloke went mental saying I'll show you what a child is and then tried to barge past everyone to get to him before he got caught asked to calm down before getting lobbed out.

Was queuing up for a pie at the time when this happened.

" I'll show you what a child is" as he sped away on his scooter! Really.iive seen it so many times.We do have some angry fans.Una got some shite for being an Adonis at a home match.

Just because I'm being piedantantic, it wouldn't be assault but batter-y.

Battery is any unlawful physical force used against someone, it could be upgraded to ABH, GBH or wounding, depending on the severity of any injuries.

As for the black and orange top, maybe it was a lucky one, maybe he had worn it since last April, and maybe he didn't think his fellow fans would be such morons.

Just because I'm being piedantantic, it wouldn't be assault but batter-y.

Battery is any unlawful physical force used against someone, it could be upgraded to ABH, GBH or wounding, depending on the severity of any injuries.

As for the black and orange top, maybe it was a lucky one, maybe he had worn it since last April, and maybe he didn't think his fellow fans would be such morons.

It still comes under common assault.

This is what I was taught:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Assault_vs_Battery

Example of assault and battery

Throwing a rock at someone for the purpose of hitting him is battery if the rock in fact strikes the person and is an assault if the rock misses. The fact that the person may have been unaware that the rock had been thrown at him is irrelevant under this definition of assault.

Some jurisdictions have incorporated the definition of civil assault into the definition of the crime making it a criminal assault to intentionally place another person in "fear" of a harmful or offensive contact. "Fear" means merely apprehension - awareness rather than any emotional state.

Substitute rock for pie and you will see this is Battery and not assault. Technically, so I was taught, assault is just the threat of violence:

Both in the common law and under statute, the actus reus of a common assault is committed when one person causes another to apprehend or fear that force is about to be used to cause some degree of personal contact and possible injury.

In this case he at no point feared that force was about to be used, he got surprise pied, so it is, technically, just battery.

This is what I was taught:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Assault_vs_Battery

Substitute rock for pie and you will see this is Battery and not assault. Technically, so I was taught, assault is just the threat of violence:

In this case he at no point feared that force was about to be used, he got surprise pied, so it is, technically, just battery.

Assault by beating

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/offences_against_the_person/#a05

Common Assault, contrary to section 39 Criminal Justice Act 1988

An offence of Common Assault is committed when a person either assaults another person or commits a battery.

An assault is committed when a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force.

A battery is committed when a person intentionally and recklessly applies unlawful force to another.

It is a summary offence, which carries a maximum penalty of six months' imprisonment and/or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum. However, if the requirements of section 40 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 are met, then Common Assault can be included as a count on an indictment. Refer to Summary offences and the Crown Court (Criminal Justice Act 1988 sections 40 and 41; Crime and Disorder Act 1998 section 51 and Sch.3 para.6, elsewhere in this guidance).

Where there is a battery the defendant should be charged with 'assault by beating'. (DPP v Little (1992) 1 All ER 299)

Archived