Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Top-of-the-league Thread

Hi All

So myself and my friend are constantly debating football and are disappointed with the mainstream coverage of football in terms of punditry, commentary and the papers. We feel so much bias occurs because of reputations and just a lack of proper, intelligent analysis. 

So, yesterday we recorded out first podcast about football (mainly Prem) and plan on adding more when possible, likely to be soon with this busy festive period and all.  Hopefully they will improve too as we built up experience and take on board some comment etc.

We discuss Leicester, lazy management in terms of youth development and defences, Ozil and more.

Feel free to take a listen and get in touch about topics to include (email me at eagle 1905 and the mail that is hot co uk)

Please keep abuse to a minimum!:);)

Will be hard for me to check back here.

I know there is a long way to go and eveything, but say we do make CL / Europa, what will the allocations be and how many do you reckon we will take?

Was speaking about this the other day and some of us dont think we would take 300, some say 3000.

If Atletico Madrid away is anything to go by, then we'll take sh1t loads. I think the official number was 4,000 but it felt like double that at the time. If anyone knows the true number of how many we took that night I'd like to know. It was amazing and I'd love it if we could qualify for Europe again, it would be just brilliant...

• 4 weeks later...

Great stat, sure you've all heard it, but we have been top of the league (33 days after tonight) for longer this season than Spurs have the entire Premier League era (32 days).

That stats a week old now. It's 34 days now, Spurs have been top for 33 in total.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Top until at least early April now :)

On a side note after tonight's match that my dad pointed out that we were 14 points above 5th now. Didn't even notice as a don't even bother looking now the table that far anymore. Shit's getting real...

• 1 month later...

The earliest we can be dislodged is May 2nd when Spurs visit Chelsea, by then we will have been top for 101 days continuously since 23rd January.

And to think I've still got a fading newspaper cutting of the Premier League from September 2000 when we were top after 8 games because I never thought I'd see that sight again.

The earliest we can be dislodged is May 2nd when Spurs visit Chelsea, by then we will have been top for 101 days continuously since 23rd January.

And to think I've still got a fading newspaper cutting of the Premier League from September 2000 when we were top after 8 games because I never thought I'd see that sight again.

Same here. My 2000 newspaper cutout died after being carried around in my wallet for a few years and disintegrating, it was taken out when times were ever tough to make me smile.

We'll be top of the Premier league going into May. Who woulda thunk it?

Archived