Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

FIFA 17 Ideas Thread

I know this will probably be added with time I would of thought but I'd like to see the same sort of detail of Premier League grounds in use for the Championship grounds, and then gradually introduce the League One and Two stadiums with more detail as well.

As well as this, it's been mentioned before on here but the ability to edit a stadium on the game would be fantastic. For example if Leicester increase the stadium for next season (which is a possibility) I would like to be able to increase the ground capacity on the game. This would also come in handy if a team gets promoted on the game and for instance that club increases their ground capacity, again, the ability to make physical changes by editing the stadium would be ideal. Even if it's only for slight changes to stadiums you could make, based on real life, this would be good in my opinion.

Someone told me that they wouldn't be able to do this due to how much bigger the new stadiums would make the games file size. Not sure if that's true or not still would be good.

Guest CityFan 06

Someone told me that they wouldn't be able to do this due to how much bigger the new stadiums would make the games file size. Not sure if that's true or not still would be good.

Oh right ok. Understandable. If that's not possible, I still feel there's other features that could be added to make the game better/more realistic.

I reckon there's got to be enough room for quite a few more stadiums yet. Obviously not the whole football league. Perhaps more in La Liga and the Bundesliga would be better than doing the Championship?

I've said this for the past couple of years now since they introduced the live seasons with top goal scorers and league tables updating every week. 

They need to introduce a manager mode where you can play on from the current point in the live season. For example, you could carry on Leicester's tittle push for the remaining 12 games with Vardy on 19 goals already and the whole squad full of confidence and form. You could try and perform a great escape with Villa with all players having no form and confidence etc. All the players who are currently out injured will remain injured until their expected return dates etc.

As sad as it sounds, I get bored playing the same fixture list over and over again when starting new seasons, so I tend to simulate to the current date, with Leicester in particular, we tend to be sitting about 16th with nothing to play for. 

I've said this for the past couple of years now since they introduced the live seasons with top goal scorers and league tables updating every week. 

They need to introduce a manager mode where you can play on from the current point in the live season. For example, you could carry on Leicester's tittle push for the remaining 12 games with Vardy on 19 goals already and the whole squad full of confidence and form. You could try and perform a great escape with Villa with all players having no form and confidence etc. All the players who are currently out injured will remain injured until their expected return dates etc.

As sad as it sounds, I get bored playing the same fixture list over and over again when starting new seasons, so I tend to simulate to the current date, with Leicester in particular, we tend to be sitting about 16th with nothing to play for. 

They had this a couple of seasons ago, but for matches. Don't know whether it's in the new game but it was introduced in the World Cup game, you could download challenge scenarios from real life matches. I.e. win a game when you're 3-1 down with 10 men with 30 mins to play.

Would be a good feature though. 

I think they just need to completely overhaul the career mode. It hasn't been updated properly in years and there's so much potential...

But as we know, EA are greedy f**kers and they'll only concentrate on things that make them cash via micro transactions, like Ultimate Team.

• 2 weeks later...

id just like a fifa game that just does not play shit online they have had 3 chances now and failed on every one from lost connections to server probs and the worst is the banding/scripting which is so obvious when you kick off , you know where all of a sudden your ronaldo controls the ball like hes a 2 year old baby or your 90 pace striker has suddenly developed gout in his right foot and cant run. 

im sorry but its just not on i play loads of games without these kind of issues online but ea just screw it up every time. 

fact is the best football game with online play was pro evo 3 on the pc and you had to give your i.p addy to your opponent to get a game now that was lag free and super smooth and that was years and years ago yet im still to play a better football game. 

id love you to be able to get a refund on a game if its not as described or fit for purpose cuz e.a would have about half a million copies sitting in their offices right now  lol 

• 4 weeks later...

An idea I was thinking of was that you can be a referee, so you can decide the descions like if it's offside or not, book players, etc. Pitch invasions would be cool if you win a competition. Maybe even add all the championship teams stadiums. Also for international games they should add the national anthem at the beginning of each game. They should also add all the new features for career mode, not just for new gen, like the training feature and the pre season tournament.

Guest CityFan 06

An idea I was thinking of was that you can be a referee, so you can decide the descions like if it's offside or not, book players, etc. Pitch invasions would be cool if you win a competition. Maybe even add all the championship teams stadiums. Also for international games they should add the national anthem at the beginning of each game. They should also add all the new features for career mode, not just for new gen, like the training feature and the pre season tournament.

Yep, good suggestions there mate. There's a very good amount of potential the game has to move forward in the future FIFA editions.

What I would like to see in a game like this is an analyst replay, when the player inexplicably plays a stupid pass, or shoots like one legged donkey, I would like to see a replay and see the reason why it didn't go where expected.

For example you can see the direction the control stick is pointing, you  can see how much power you put on the pass, you can see the effect on the pass that fatigue and form has, and team work and defensive pressure, and you can see the pass/shot that all this combined does. Then you can play about with the stats and see the trajectory of the ball if you had used less power, or if your player wasn't fatigued or was playing with better form. Or if he had better passing stats, or if the controller had been pointing a fraction to the left or right, and which other factors effect your ability to carry out seemingly simple instructions.

My frustration with FIFA is that it does things seemingly at random and at least this way I can learn and develop my skills rather than just get frustrated as to why it isn't responding. 

All I'm after is something different other than a roster update, and improved AI (AKA changing the sliders)

I like Fifa as a game, play it with my mates loads, but I really am getting sick of thinking something substantial is going to happen with the game every year and it just ends up looking exactly like the previous one. I mean the menus haven't even changed for 3 years now. What are the guys at EA doing all year?!? Because they sure as hell aren't adding new features to the game.

Their big thing last year was adding the women's international teams, a feature I've personally played once. Well done EA, you've spent an entire year making a 3D model of a woman. Does this really take 12 months of work?!? Oh right, you added 1 new skill move, that must have taken your animators all of one afternoon to do.

Please EA, just for one year, forget about spending 6 months designing a new pack opening animation and actually add some substantial stuff to the game. Just like a five a side or indoor mode or something. Stop spending all of your time expanding your ultimate team money pit. Or if you are going to spend all of your development time on ultimate team, actually give some way for people to earn players other than playing ten thousand games for a single gold pack or buying points from your outrageously overpriced store.

I know this is football, and there is only so much you can do to a sports game, but come on. They seriously should have just released Fifa 14 and then just made the next two games DLC for that one for all the work they've done to it.

Guest CityFan 06

As it is likely we will finish in a decent pos. i.e. top 4. Liverpool sing never walk alone, spurs come on you spurs etc. Its time to hear our chants next year!!!!!

I agree with this. There's some decent chants on FIFA 16, but I've got to admit I'd like to hear some more Leicester based ones. There used to be a custom chants feature on the FIFA editions, but that and also the creation centre are not now included in the game anymore I don't think.

Go wild, or We Love You (Ranieri version) would be a good start. Having the ability to add your own chants to the game would be superb.

Thought popped into my head this morning, why don't they give the ultimate team cards potential, like in the career mode.

So basically if you pack a player, they start off with their base stats and then they can go up or down based on performance.

You'd also be able to sell leveled up or down players for more or less, and the potential to grab a player off the market who's not been playing very well and train them up by playing well with them in games and sell them on for a profit.

I think this would bring a whole new dimension to ultimate team

Guest CityFan 06

Actual manager faces on the touchline would be good. Now they've incorporated the subs bench who have player faces, it would be good to see manager faces.

• 1 month later...
Guest CityFan 06

Very slight improvement but I noticed when there is a corner, the ref does not quite signal exactly to the corner spot. Not really a major aspect but surely would be a simpler edit I'd have thought.

I know it's early as FIFA 16 has only just come out, but just thought I'd create a thread of what people would like to see in future FIFA's or in FIFA 17. Any improvements you'd like to see? Any new ideas? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Here are a few of my ideas:

1. Kits - Sometimes when there is a bit of kit clash between two teams with similar colours, it would be nice to be able to just change the shorts colour, instead of the whole kit.

I like this idea, but I feel it's more of a personal thing for yourself than others, I think the alternative kits work fine, although this would be a good second alternative

2. Easy way to add custom chants - I heard that in FIFA 16 this feature may or may not be featured within the game, so I would love there to be a really easy way of adding your own custom chants and music for your team.

I like this, i do, but the scale of this is massive would be hard work, although they've done very well with the faces in the game, I just hope EA has the resource to do this.

3. Weather - The feature I would like is instead of just one weather condition or the other, e.g rain or sun I'd like there to be a weather option where the weather starts sunny, and maybe goes overcast, or in the winter, if the game starts sunny/overcast, make it go dark as the game goes on.

Love this, they certainly have the resource to make this.

3. Edit stadiums - It would be good in my opinion to be able to physically edit stadiums on the game to then use on your own personal game, i.e changing stadium lettering, where fans are positioned within the stadium, or even to be able to add features to the stadium.

YES!!!!!!

4. Stadiums appearances - I'd love it for when you start a match on FIFA, for the cameras to view the people outside of the stadium walking around or the traffic on the roads, as well as having a view of going in a circle around the stadiums where ever it may be.

YES!!!!!!

5. Local commentary - I'd love there to be an option where the commentary settings Allow you to choose local commentary for a particular match, e.g radio leicester, radio Manchester etc.

Would you be able to switch commentary within the game or do you have to choose the commentary before hand?

6. PA announcer stating who scored after a goal - Not sure if this is already a feature in the game, but this would be a smart addition where the announcer says through tannoy who scored I.e Number 23 Leo Ulloa, Number 7 Dean Hammond etc.

Already does this, I've noticed it's more with the PL players only though.

7. Crowd applauding - When a power goes off via a substitution, I'd like the cameras on the game to zoom in on the crowd clapping that player going off the field.

This is a good idea, Maybe if EA would go to the game (everyone would need to sign a waiver) could film the crowd and make the faces a little less pixelated and shit, if they could concentrate more on crowd reactions than a general copy and paste, this would work great.

8. Manager info - I'd like the game to feature when on a match the both sides managers stats I.e date joined, win percentage etc. Another improvement that would make the game that bit more realistic.

It'd be even better if they actually showed the Managers properly, than just a generic "Man in a suit" on the sidelines. 

I like this

Good thread, left my opinions on your ideas in red.

I used to be a big FPS person, but making my own pro and playing for my club (LCFC!) is the best feeling!

Guest CityFan 06

Thank you Tinder_Fawx. Likewise you've made some nice comments there. There's so much potential with FIFA, a lot of it on different scales. Showing managers and all their info is probably doable, but doing something like traffic outside of stadiums, fans walking about etc would be more difficult to implement.

I still believe though, my own ideas/other ideas on this thread are manageable and possible. We'll have to see. Given how far the game has come within the space of 15 years or so, if they contiune to make the series until 2030 let's say, imagine what it would be like given it's a decent game now. There's certainly good foundations to build on for the future. I suppose if the demand is persistently high year on year they will contiune to make the game.

Being able to start career mode at a certain point in the real life football season. I.e. starting with Aston villa in February with the table how it is in real life and trying to keep them up.

I remember a game where you had to do real life challenges like join the game at half time as Liverpool when you're 3-0 down to Milan.

Was absolutely boss.

I remember a game where you had to do real life challenges like join the game at half time as Liverpool when you're 3-0 down to Milan.

Was absolutely boss.

This sounds like an interesting mechanic, can you remember what it was from?

Archived