Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

FIFA 17 Ideas Thread

1) get rid of the scripting b##lcks!! Nothing more frustrating than playing an average player with a less than average team v your world 11 and getting owned due to your players refusing to run pass or shoot properly whilst players like danny Ings etc etc turn into messi

This, the scripting does my head in, I want to enjoy a game of FIFA and it is not enjoyable when it turns all my players into donkeys.

I don't mind making the opposition world beaters on occasion, some times a shit player will play out of his skin, but when you pick a team of good players all in good form and they just can't pass to each other makes me never want to buy FIFA again. (Which I probably won't having played FIFA 15).

As for improvements, I think it would be difficult to edit your stadium, but there could be generic template stadia that you can move into. If you are playing as Acrington Stanley and you are in the Championship then you can upgrade to a generic bigger stadium.

As an addition this could be at a cost to your transfer budget, but with the possibility of increased revenue, but you may upset your fans. Or the board will only agree to it if you exceed your targets for the season.

Other improvements would just be better AI, simple things like the player you are not controlling trying to win the ball when it rolls in front of him and not just stare at it as the attacker waltzes past.  Or the keeper mincing about while the ball trickles out for a corner.

I also would like a cynical foul button, it is bloody annoying when you want to take someone out with a slide tackle and it just sort of slides on the floor and doesn't get man or ball. The forward then runs off and scores.

Guest CityFan 06

This, the scripting does my head in, I want to enjoy a game of FIFA and it is not enjoyable when it turns all my players into donkeys.

I don't mind making the opposition world beaters on occasion, some times a shit player will play out of his skin, but when you pick a team of good players all in good form and they just can't pass to each other makes me never want to buy FIFA again. (Which I probably won't having played FIFA 15).

As for improvements, I think it would be difficult to edit your stadium, but there could be generic template stadia that you can move into. If you are playing as Acrington Stanley and you are in the Championship then you can upgrade to a generic bigger stadium.

As an addition this could be at a cost to your transfer budget, but with the possibility of increased revenue, but you may upset your fans. Or the board will only agree to it if you exceed your targets for the season.

Other improvements would just be better AI, simple things like the player you are not controlling trying to win the ball when it rolls in front of him and not just stare at it as the attacker waltzes past. Or the keeper mincing about while the ball trickles out for a corner.

I also would like a cynical foul button, it is bloody annoying when you want to take someone out with a slide tackle and it just sort of slides on the floor and doesn't get man or ball. The forward then runs off and scores.

Love the idea of upgrading to a new stadium if a team gets promoted to a higher league. Espeically as a club progresses in real life more fans want tickets, so a new ground would accommodate this. It would be good as well if there was a report of some sort sent to the career mode inbox each week on how the stadium is being refitted to the club's needs, how the seat painting is doing, the customisations of the stadium taking place etc.

I've got a crazy new idea for EA to work on for next year . Now hold on to your hats ................What if they made it so the game actually works on release !!!!  I know, i know just a pipe dream never gonna happen.

Seriously tho Fifa 15 was the worst they were still fixing issues with that  right up to Fifa 16 being released lmfao and it will be the same this year no doubt too . 

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice if it was possible to change the kits mid-game, particularly in ultimate team were there might be a clash that's not particularly obvious at the kit choice screen.

Doesn't even have to be changed for both players - surely as it's just a cosmetic change it would be possible to just change it for the local player...

Ideas would be to let a few subs warm up and pick one of them depending on their warming up ability

And if they haven't warmed up then they are more susceptible to injury.

You could even set pre match warm up routines, so shooting practice, short sprints, passing drills, if a player does well can get a boost for the game, but can also be injured.

Actually, that would be a better loading screen than some of the challenges.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

I won't be buying fifa 17 if the Leicester ratings are as shockingly inaccurate as they were for fifa 16. Vardy at 71 and Mahrez at 73 was hilarious enough in September, but it looks even worse now.

Yeah to be fair I upgraded our players on FIFA 15 manually to improve their overall rating. Not sure if you can do that on FIFA 16 I don't know.

But, I reckon in FIFA 17 if we do finish in the top 6 in real life our players ratings will be much higher and better, I'd have thought.

Guest CityFan 06

Upgrades wise this fair?

new.png

Spot on in my opinion mate. I better upgrade my Leicester players on FIFA now, given the form and position in the league we're in. The first upgrade on the players I did was for them all to have an at least 70 rating. Of course for some players like Kasper for example I've got high 70s ratings. But I'm gonna upgrade them all again soon.

Guest CityFan 06

I'd like in future FIFA's for it to show players warming up pre match I.e cone work, shooting practice, the coach practicing crossing with the keepers etc with the normal stadium music in the background. Then, when the warm up is done it'd be good to show the players walking down the tunnel to get changed. Following this, I would like to then see a tunnel can, like in real life where it shows the players lining up to head out onto the pitch.

Just trying to think what other features would enhance the realism of the game. There's plenty of potential.

I'd like in future FIFA's for it to show players warming up pre match I.e cone work, shooting practice, the coach practicing crossing with the keepers etc with the normal stadium music in the background. Then, when the warm up is done it'd be good to show the players walking down the tunnel to get changed. Following this, I would like to then see a tunnel can, like in real life where it shows the players lining up to head out onto the pitch.

Just trying to think what other features would enhance the realism of the game. There's plenty of potential.

There is so much they could do with Career Mode its unreal, but lets face it we have a very minimal chance of anything much happening.

One improvement from 15 (I've refused to be 16) is to just hurry the game up, all of the cut scenes and substitution graphics and pissing about with throw ins and free kicks and goal kicks my look nice the first time, but are just annoying when you want to get on with the game and when you are just bashing buttons to get them to hurry up and it decides that means you want to take a quick throw to nobody in particular. 

One improvement from 15 (I've refused to be 16) is to just hurry the game up, all of the cut scenes and substitution graphics and pissing about with throw ins and free kicks and goal kicks my look nice the first time, but are just annoying when you want to get on with the game and when you are just bashing buttons to get them to hurry up and it decides that means you want to take a quick throw to nobody in particular. 

This is most annoying on Clubs when the other team has about 7 players & people take ages to skip!

Jamie Vardy among the contenders to replace Lionel Messi as Fifa cover star Barcelona star will not appear on the front cover of the Fifa 17 game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12087548/Jamie-Vardy-among-the-contenders-to-replace-Lionel-Messi-as-Fifa-cover-star.html

Jamie Vardy among the contenders to replace Lionel Messi as Fifa cover star Barcelona star will not appear on the front cover of the Fifa 17 game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12087548/Jamie-Vardy-among-the-contenders-to-replace-Lionel-Messi-as-Fifa-cover-star.html

Owners would absolutely love this  lol

1. A game that actually works. The size of EA and they can't even sort there servers out still. Basics.

2. Speed or lack off. How can a player like Terry or Mertasaker keep up with the likes of Vardy or Walcott etc.

3. Over the top balls. Understand they have done it to stop you just playing the long ball to a pacy striker but you play a decent chip shot now over the difference who are nowhere near the ball and they always win it.

4. Leicester player ratings are a joke.

5. More stadiums to have in fut not just the usual ones. Ie like to see ours.

The list could go on but EA don't give a crap about the game. They no it will sell no matter if they did nothing to it.

Archived