Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Real Ales

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just had a Rasberry IPA, very nice.

I've just made a strawberry one...bit nervous as it might very well taste shockingly bad.

Do you know the name of the one you had - might try and grab one for comparison   

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There's a beer by Wilde Child who are Leeds based, it's called Siege of Khartoum and it's ****ing beautiful. If you ever see it, have it. 

Peanut butter??  haha   :beer:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aha yeah! The banana flavour is definitely more prominent though, quite sweet but most importantly it still tastes like beer. Really easy to drink.

I've just looked a recipe for it...seems quite straightforward - might give it a try

(For some reason I don't mind strawberries or raspberries...but chucking banana's in beer just seems a bit wrong!)   

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aha yeah! The banana flavour is definitely more prominent though, quite sweet but most importantly it still tastes like beer. Really easy to drink.

The Monzo (probably wrong) banana beer is very decent as well.

On 30/06/2018 at 09:12, Samilktray said:

I had the Omnipollo x Buxton Double Ice Cream IIPA in the Two Tailed lion a few days ago, might be a top 3 beer I've ever tasted

Omnipollo have just released another three weird combos this week (if you ever go Stockholm, track down their bar); raspberry milkshake ipa, double peach popcorn sour and a peach slush IPA. 

On 02/07/2018 at 21:04, Unabomber said:

Anyone ever had Beavertown gamma ray? ****ing lovely 

You'll start seeing Beavertown Gamma Ray and Neck Oil sold everywhere now. They sold 49.9% of the company to Heineken and Heineken own the most pubs in the UK. It's caused uproar in the 'craft beer community'. Beavertown do a huge festival and the breweries are pulling out left, right and centre. 

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Omnipollo have just released another three weird combos this week (if you ever go Stockholm, track down their bar); raspberry milkshake ipa, double peach popcorn sour and a peach slush IPA. 

You'll start seeing Beavertown Gamma Ray and Neck Oil sold everywhere now. They sold 49.9% of the company to Heineken and Heineken own the most pubs in the UK. It's caused uproar in the 'craft beer community'. Beavertown do a huge festival and the breweries are pulling out left, right and centre. 

Yep - and the owners have trousered £40 million for 7 years work!

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Yep - and the owners have trousered £40 million for 7 years work!

Not bad work when your Dad is already worth £100 million (Logan Plant is the main bod at Beavertown and his Dad is Robert of Led Zep fame). 

The writing was there when they closed up the BBQ place, Duke's Brew and Que in Haggerston. That place was quite simply superb. 

Neck Oil and Gamma Ray have been on draft in a good few places in Leeds for a while now even as standard draft pints. They're both lovely, no doubt about it.

@Samilktray @Cardiff_Fox @Unabomber any of you lads had that Omnipollo Noa Pecan Imperial Stout? Got some for my birthday the other day and it's 11% but oh boy

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Neck Oil and Gamma Ray have been on draft in a good few places in Leeds for a while now even as standard draft pints. They're both lovely, no doubt about it.

@Samilktray @Cardiff_Fox @Unabomber any of you lads had that Omnipollo Noa Pecan Imperial Stout? Got some for my birthday the other day and it's 11% but oh boy

Yeah it's really good. You should try 'Yellow Belly' if you ever get the chance. Can't remember the brewery but the bottle looks like it's a member of the KKK and it'll change your beer tasting life and leave a significant dent in your wallet. Well well worth it 

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah I know read a Q & A with Logan the other day where he tried to justify it. Doesn’t bother me I’d do the same and as long as it means more places I can drink the stuff it’s fine with me. 

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Nah I’ll have to look out for that. There’s an independent beer shop in ashby now that mainly focuses on all new uk brews. Great place but damages the savings. 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah it's really good. You should try 'Yellow Belly' if you ever get the chance. Can't remember the brewery but the bottle looks like it's a member of the KKK and it'll change your beer tasting life and leave a significant dent in your wallet. Well well worth it 

There’s some reasoning for that bottle can’t remember why. 

I haven’t had the Pecan. Had a Goose Island imperial stout on saturday what was like drinking Christmas cake. 

With BTown, I’m 50/50. If it means I’m gonna going into an average boozer and I have that option it’s great.

But I deal with Heineken/Star Pubs for work, which is their pub landlord firm, speaking to landlords they are bleeding awful and what they do hurts independent breweries and pubs. 

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Went and got some of that trappist stuff from the abbey near Woodhouse Eaves this arvo. It's bloody lovely.

Brewklopedia are getting some Thursday so I might have to get some depending on how much they have