Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Real Ales

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I really like Grapefruit in beer, Brewdogs Elvis juice is great.

Weirdest one I've had was Belgian coconut beer which was surprising incredible in small doses. Had it in Brugge and had to buy some here but drinking by the bottle lost its appeal quickly.

lol I didn't want to mention Brewdog, but they are indeed the biggest culprits! I do like their 5am Saint, though, and have tried hard to replicate it. (at £5.80 a pint I need to make my own!)

Coconut is something new  - I also like chocolate and beer, so maybe a Bounty Bar type brew is the way to go :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, Milo said:

lol I didn't want to mention Brewdog, but they are indeed the biggest culprits! I do like their 5am Saint, though, and have tried hard to replicate it. (at £5.80 a pint I need to make my own!)

Coconut is something new  - I also like chocolate and beer, so maybe a Bounty Bar type brew is the way to go :thumbup:

5am red ale is lovely as well, one of my favourites.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Milo said:

I'm there next week - whats good??

Lehuto was my favourite craft beer bar there, the staff really know there stuff too. Liquid Cocaine was a good double IPA & the M63 Bulldog was also superb. The Karavan street food court had some good beers too, I recommend Alcatraz from there, probably my favourite I had whilst I was there 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Lehuto was my favourite craft beer bar there, the staff really know there stuff too. Liquid Cocaine was a good double IPA & the M63 Bulldog was also superb. The Karavan street food court had some good beers too, I recommend Alcatraz from there, probably my favourite I had whilst I was there 

Cheers - I will check them out!!

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Is that a place, or an instruction...?

Okay so there are loads of them. These are basically bars in gardens full of or made of junk which the council have just let go and they have become massive alcohol related attractions!

Koleves restaurant with a ruin bar garden and bar is the one we liked best. We didn't eat at the restaurant but I was in the Hammock near the canoe in the garden most nights early doors. Beware though as they don t like stag doo's so go in 2 at a time 100 yards apart if you  are in that kind of a group.

Toilets aside got to the 'simpla' for the atmosphere but there are queues as the evening gets busier and an outdoor street food hall on the same side of the road up the street. Probably the most famous one - you walk through a tunnel/arcade to get in... look at the computer room the last room on the right before entering the garden! 

We liked the ellato kert ruin bar for the odd beer it's a bit rough and ready but quite cool - it's basically drinking in a kinda screwed up junk yard with an indoor area too.

The 360 bar is a must. Find it, queue up if you have to and go up the lift to what is an amazing rooftop space with views overlooking the whole city. Very cool

Also if you like red wine try the local stuff 'bulls blood' (can't remember the Hungarian name) its special and fir young reds pretty amazing if you get the right bottle.

Enjoy.

43 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Okay so there are loads of them. These are basically bars in gardens full of or made of junk which the council have just let go and they have become massive alcohol related attractions!

Koleves restaurant with a ruin bar garden and bar is the one we liked best. We didn't eat at the restaurant but I was in the Hammock near the canoe in the garden most nights early doors. Beware though as they don t like stag doo's so go in 2 at a time 100 yards apart if you  are in that kind of a group.

Toilets aside got to the 'simpla' for the atmosphere but there are queues as the evening gets busier and an outdoor street food hall on the same side of the road up the street. Probably the most famous one - you walk through a tunnel/arcade to get in... look at the computer room the last room on the right before entering the garden! 

We liked the ellato kert ruin bar for the odd beer it's a bit rough and ready but quite cool - it's basically drinking in a kinda screwed up junk yard with an indoor area too.

The 360 bar is a must. Find it, queue up if you have to and go up the lift to what is an amazing rooftop space with views overlooking the whole city. Very cool

Also if you like red wine try the local stuff 'bulls blood' (can't remember the Hungarian name) its special and fir young reds pretty amazing if you get the right bottle.

Enjoy.

Perfect, thank you! :D

I'm on my own there for a week, so should have time to check out Koleves and the rest! 

• Like 1

Ale lovers travelling up to Huddersfield on Saturday are in for a treat. Plenty of good pubs serving well kept beer in the town. Pick of the bunch being the Kings Head & the Head of steam at the station & nearer to the ground the Vulcan.

Best real ale away day in the prem.

More one for the London folk (although there is one in Milton Keynes) but the Draft House I've found is excellent, the selection of beers ranges in each location and they change the lineup every day. Not outrageously priced by London standards either, you can get a decent pint for £4.50.

4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

More one for the London folk (although there is one in Milton Keynes) but the Draft House I've found is excellent, the selection of beers ranges in each location and they change the lineup every day. Not outrageously priced by London standards either, you can get a decent pint for £4.50.

On a London theme I found the Bree Louise near Euston couple of weeks ago. About 10 ales on pump and 10 more tapped from the barrel. Under threat from HS2, could possibly close in November. 

14 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

The draft house near / on old street? Superb gaff.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

On a London theme I found the Bree Louise near Euston couple of weeks ago. About 10 ales on pump and 10 more tapped from the barrel. Under threat from HS2, could possibly close in November. 

Great little gaff. Euston Road area has silly amounts of choice for quality boozers.

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not tried that, I'll have to pay it a visit :thumbup:.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The draft house near / on old street? Superb gaff.

Very decent mate. I usually go to the one at Tower Bridge as it's within walking distance of the office. The on Charlotte Street is ok too, though always heaving.

Just now, Lovejoy said:

Not tried that, I'll have to pay it a visit :thumbup:.

Very decent mate. I usually go to the one at Tower Bridge as it's within walking distance of the office. The on Charlotte Street is ok too, though always heaving.

Good pie and mash too.

19 hours ago, boots60 said:

Ale lovers travelling up to Huddersfield on Saturday are in for a treat. Plenty of good pubs serving well kept beer in the town. Pick of the bunch being the Kings Head & the Head of steam at the station & nearer to the ground the Vulcan.

Best real ale away day in the prem.

Agree, for me this was the game I was most looking forward to when the fixtures came out.

Highly recommend The Sportsman (near the station), Ths Grove (its got very weird interior but an amazing selection) and the Magic Rock Tap.  

All have a mixture of quality cask and keg beers.