Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Food glorious food (The cooking thread)

I forgot about this thread I started!

Anyway, seeing as it raised itself to the top, mlght as well add some pictures of the Coq au vin I made last week - it was most beautiful, if you've never had it before I suggest you have a go and ensure you leave some left overs in the fridge for a couple of days - it's even better reheated.

post-49-0-66128700-1464816741_thumb.jpegpost-49-0-12325100-1464816761_thumb.jpeg

I also had a bash at some Sable biscuits, having been inspired by after the "posh Bake Off "show.

post-49-0-65011300-1464817062_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Made some tandoori chicken which had been marinating for 4 days in the fridge. Tossed it on the barbeque then made a nice butter chicken sauce for it with basmati rice. Forgot to take pics lol.

Singh, tamarind chutney is one of my fav with samosas. Grannie used to make it with grated carrots back in the day and homemade keema or vege samosas. Sooooo good.

made a legit dinner tonight

homemade burgers with portobello mushroom blue cheese and caramelized onion in a brioche bun, with fries topped with chorizo, cheddar, spring onion and homemade pickled jalapenos. maaan 

image_zpsk2isdw1o.jpeg

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3

I can see how some people may find pictures of what others have cooked to be appetising. However, you seem to be missing the most important aspects of a meal. The taste and whether it fills you up. I think that this thread could be far superior to what it is now if we introduced a rating system on the taste of the food cooked. I would appreciate it if everyone that mentions a meal would rate the taste between 1 and 10 in the same post. I would find it most helpful.

For example, I had some scrambled eggs, chips and beans for dinner this evening. 6/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Haydos said:

Girlfriend cooked a feta, spinach and sundried tomato filo pie the other night, best thing i've ate in a while, tasty shit.

So good, you ate it twice..?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

Just cooked Chicken & chorizo jambalaya, never had it before but popped onto BBC Good Food, it looked appealing on the search result so thought I'd try it. Looking forward to tasting it. 

It's very very nice. Spicy but not over the top, of course depending on your spice level of taste.

Edited by LeiFosse 06

17 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Just cooked Chicken & chorizo jambalaya, never had it before but popped onto BBC Good Food, it looked appealing on the search result so thought I'd try it. Looking forward to tasting it. 

It's very very nice. Spicy but not over the top, of course depending on your spice level of taste.

That exact recipe is a go to for me, quick and easy and I'll always be happy with it if im not feeling anything else.