Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Food glorious food (The cooking thread)

Guest CityFan 06
34 minutes ago, Haydos said:

That exact recipe is a go to for me, quick and easy and I'll always be happy with it if im not feeling anything else.

Yep, it's a surprisingly quick meal, and pretty easy to make. I like BBC Good Food, it's a superb site with so many recipes.

26 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

My website's just recently gone live - www.chef-library.com

Trying to keep it simple but giving great results, you can also catch me on Instagram - cheflibrary

Taken a lot of work but its off to a decent start!

Signed up and bookmarked mate looks really good. Obviously light on content atm but will keep checking in. How long for the butterfly chicken in the oven and covered or uncovered?

11 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Signed up and bookmarked mate looks really good. Obviously light on content atm but will keep checking in. How long for the butterfly chicken in the oven and covered or uncovered?

Thank you mate! Yes in the early stages with content being drip-fed in but its picking up. I'll stick that on tomorrow, got some class bbq stuff to put on.

You can do the chicken in the oven for around 35-40 minutes at 180C. If you can though its a better flavour from the barbecue.

Good luck!

Edited by Durnerz

15 hours ago, Durnerz said:

My website's just recently gone live - www.chef-library.com

Trying to keep it simple but giving great results, you can also catch me on Instagram - cheflibrary

Taken a lot of work but its off to a decent start!

Looks great Durnerz!! Have just signed up so looking forward to seeing how it progresses and trying some of the recipes.

Picked up some fresh Mackerel yesterday so that'll be the first one I'm trying.

53 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Looks great Durnerz!! Have just signed up so looking forward to seeing how it progresses and trying some of the recipes.

Picked up some fresh Mackerel yesterday so that'll be the first one I'm trying.

Thank you very much EAF! Enjoy and feel free to post pics of your results!

I haven't made it yet. I've had to go gluten free, so things like yorkies are off the table :(

In terms of making it though, is just pour the yorky mix in to a baking tray and cook it slowly. Rather than pouring it in to cup cake tray that has hot oil at the bottom, which I think causes the batter to rise.

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Don't think so he posted the pictures what was doing the rounds. I want to try it but how would you do the Yorkshire pudding like that?

I'd imagine its done 'toad in the hole' style on a large flat tray, bring it out the oven, filling in the middle and wrap it while its still hot and pliable, just watch your fingers!

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

This was the barbeque chicken at my uncles 70th today in the farmland of ontario

20160828_142218-2-1.jpg

Very nice JD ...    you don't do things by half over there !    But having been in your neck of the woods a while back I understand why now ...    if the bear comes out and nicks some there is still some left for you  ....   Smart !   :thumbup: