Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Food glorious food (The cooking thread)

My wife spent £60 on one of those Tefal air fryers (something like that). It's a mini electric oven, she cooks oven chips in it. I said"why don't you just cook them in the normal oven?" but she insists they taste better. It's an oven, what's the difference?

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is it 3D?

Yeah, of course, I just take a crap photo.

I'm really pleased with how she has suddenly embraced the joy of cooking. Up until a few months ago, she had no interest in it at all, but now she can cook all sorts of things.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

My wife spent £60 on one of those Tefal air fryers (something like that). It's a mini electric oven, she cooks oven chips in it. I said"why don't you just cook them in the normal oven?" but she insists they taste better. It's an oven, what's the difference?

Actifry? I've got one of them as well, very good and healthier than a deep fat fryer as they barely use any oil. 

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Actifry? I've got one of them as well, very good and healthier than a deep fat fryer as they barely use any oil. 

She only cooks oven chips in it so she never uses fat anyway.

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

She only cooks oven chips in it so she never uses fat anyway.

We have one and use it to cook chips from scratch with one tbs of oil. Seems a bit redundant just to use it to reheat oven chips. Tell her they take 30 to 35 minutes with chips about 1cm thick.

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

We have one and use it to cook chips from scratch with one tbs of oil. Seems a bit redundant just to use it to reheat oven chips. Tell her they take 30 to 35 minutes with chips about 1cm thick.

Yep that's what I tend to do although haven't had them in ages.

Anyone know how to make sweet potato fries in it that don't turn into mush?

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yep that's what I tend to do although haven't had them in ages.

Anyone know how to make sweet potato fries in it that don't turn into mush?

I cook sweet potato fries in a conventional fan oven.

Make them chunky and cook them quickly on a really high temperature (I do 240 degrees).

Just now, Buce said:

I cook sweet potato fries in a conventional fan oven.

Make them chunky and cook them quickly on a really high temperature (I do 240 degrees).

Cheers, I normally give up and just make wedges. Think I read somewhere to soak them in sugar water but I'm not a fan of diabetes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Made chocolate and Passion Fruit Domes tonight, really good. Based on a dessert I had in Bangkok 

IMG_2610.JPG

Wow!

14 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

won't be fooled that easy mate, I can see some of the tinfoil you left on after taking off the Waitrose packaging ;)

How bloody dare you make such an accusation!........

.......it was M&S 

• 2 weeks later...

Took a bunch of random stuff today and made an italian take on fajitas. I said it was random....

Made with breadcrumbed chicken for crunch, stir fried some peppers and onions with oregano, lemon mayonnaise and some thinned down pesto. 

Damn nice. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Very smart mate! I'm currently filming for youtube, cooking just got a lot more stressful! But well worth it.

Channel?

2 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Coming soon, next few weeks just getting to grips with iMovie and making it as good as it can be. :thumbup:

Can you get rachel riley to guest appear. Foxestalk would go into jizz meltdown and stop talking about iheanacho. Plus id love to see rachels fruity delights 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Buce (I think you suggested this).    From field to table ! ...   Puff ball, sliced thin, fried in butter and served for breakfast on toast with a little seasoning ..   dee-bloody-licious !!

Great subtle taste and the one fungus that you can't mistake for anything else (if you are not really sure like me!) ...

FullSizeRender 3.jpg