Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

On to ARSENAL, away.. Next up....

You guys are overrating Arsenal hugely, they are bottlers, they couldn't even beat West Brom or Norwich not that long ago. They have no leaders, they have a weak mentality, they have skill and some class attacking players, but other than that they are weak, Cech and Koscielny are good at the back but the others I'm not convinced. They haven't won the prem since 2004, thats 12 years and most of those seasons they were 1st at some point and then choked. 

Don't get me wrong I will be happy with a draw because its away from home and it keeps us in a good lead at the top, but I expect a win. 

I was on a stag this weekend just gone by, and I watched the Manchester City v Leicester City match in the hope of course that David would slay Goliath. It was fantastic. But before I sat down to watch the match, I popped into a bookies and I put a small bet on Huth to score the first goal. It was just two minutes before kick off, so I scribbled it on the docket, and off I went to watch the game. Within three minutes I was celebrating, a double delight because Leicester took the lead and my bet had come off. So I popped back the twenty yards to the bookies to collect my winnings. I didn't even know the odds when I placed the bet, I hoped maybe 25/1, but to my surprise and deligt Huth was 40/1 for the first goal. Thrilled, but the guy behind the counter tld me to keep my docket because if he scores again I get double the odds. Now no offence Mr Huth. I ve admired you as a rugged no nonsense toughcentre half for years, and a threat at set pieces in the opposing penalty area you certainly always have been, but two goals? in one game? away? at man city? come on...NEVER gonna happen...

The rest I history, and inspired by those two goals, the joy of my 80/1 win, and a drink or two.. I put a song on the juke box, and I dedicate this adaptation to you Mr Huth

Huth only scores twice, or so it seems...One goal for himself, and one for my dreams..

He drifts through the years, and life seems tame..Then out of the blue, scores two in one game..

Now he is a legend, we ll beckon him on, we can dream of the title, now that city have gone.

This dream can come true, so roll the dice, make this dream come true, Huth only scores twice...

Best of luck in the remaining games.

Edwin Ambrose.

You guys are overrating Arsenal hugely, they are bottlers, they couldn't even beat West Brom or Norwich not that long ago. They have no leaders, they have a weak mentality, they have skill and some class attacking players, but other than that they are weak, Cech and Koscielny are good at the back but the others I'm not convinced. They haven't won the prem since 2004, thats 12 years and most of those seasons they were 1st at some point and then choked. 

Don't get me wrong I will be happy with a draw because its away from home and it keeps us in a good lead at the top, but I expect a win. 

I agree. Yeah they battered us at the beginning of the season, but we are a tons tighter at the back now. I'm looking at this game as the chance to put 8 points between us and Arsenal. If we win Arsenal are pretty much out of the title race. Winning this would be more than massive! It could be looked at as the most important game in the history of the club! 

Different team will line up against Arsenal this week from the Home match , in both personnel and attitude , the main difference is Christian Fuchs at Left back who has been sensational , but closely followed by Danny Simpson at RB who has been outstanding , and since the turn of the year the defence has been solid , only conceding 2 goals in the league in 2016 , we were very gung-ho in the first match , and to be fair we were murdering them in the first 20 mins and could have put 3 goals past them. We are now a smarter outfit and can go into the match with no fear. All the pressure is on Arsenal , I thought the Man City game was probably the finest performance by my team I've ever witnessed , but This season City continue to astound me and I wouldn't be surprised if next Sunday it's taken to another level....COYB

I was on a stag this weekend just gone by, and I watched the Manchester City v Leicester City match in the hope of course that David would slay Goliath. It was fantastic. But before I sat down to watch the match, I popped into a bookies and I put a small bet on Huth to score the first goal. It was just two minutes before kick off, so I scribbled it on the docket, and off I went to watch the game. Within three minutes I was celebrating, a double delight because Leicester took the lead and my bet had come off. So I popped back the twenty yards to the bookies to collect my winnings. I didn't even know the odds when I placed the bet, I hoped maybe 25/1, but to my surprise and deligt Huth was 40/1 for the first goal. Thrilled, but the guy behind the counter tld me to keep my docket because if he scores again I get double the odds. Now no offence Mr Huth. I ve admired you as a rugged no nonsense toughcentre half for years, and a threat at set pieces in the opposing penalty area you certainly always have been, but two goals? in one game? away? at man city? come on...NEVER gonna happen...

The rest I history, and inspired by those two goals, the joy of my 80/1 win, and a drink or two.. I put a song on the juke box, and I dedicate this adaptation to you Mr Huth

Huth only scores twice, or so it seems...One goal for himself, and one for my dreams..

He drifts through the years, and life seems tame..Then out of the blue, scores two in one game..

Now he is a legend, we ll beckon him on, we can dream of the title, now that city have gone.

This dream can come true, so roll the dice, make this dream come true, Huth only scores twice...

Best of luck in the remaining games.

Edwin Ambrose.

How many threads am I going to read this in?

1-1 draw.

7 points out of 9 is more than expected.

We'll be up for it and won't say die. A win is possible but a loss is hardly devastating considering we'll still be top with a nice run of games to follow.

I can only see this going as an Arsenal win seeing as they know they have to win to get their season back on track.

Honestly if we win I will lose my mind. Whatever happens we can be happy with the points return from the '3 games to define our season'

To already have 6 points from those games is incredible and I look at this game as a free chance of extra points. A draw would still be a great result. We have some very winnable games coming up. If we beat Arsenal I can see us going on an unbeaten run and Champ league being done and dusted pretty quickly. What I would give to have Leicester win the title against Everton at Home. Now THAT would be worth a pitch invasion 

To win this game will be easier than norwich, west ham, southhampton and west broms....

The thing i fear is letting our guard down against 'lesser' opponents.... There is no fear of that happening against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal

I think we will have a great chance of winning.... Arsenal have to go for it, they don't have a great defence at the best of times and they can only usually play one type of way. We can defend with men behind the ball and on quick counter attacks catch them napping.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, as Ozil, Ramsey, ox and Sanchez provide great threat.... but there is a good chance of scoring goals against them

To win this game will be easier than norwich, west ham, southhampton and west broms....

The thing i fear is letting our guard down against 'lesser' opponents.... There is no fear of that happening against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal

I think we will have a great chance of winning.... Arsenal have to go for it, they don't have a great defence at the best of times and they can only usually play one type of way. We can defend with men behind the ball and on quick counter attacks catch them napping.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, as Ozil, Ramsey, ox and Sanchez provide great threat.... but there is a good chance of scoring goals against them

We're top of the league. all of our opponents are "lesser".

The mentality between Arsenal and Man City will be worlds apart, especially after our game against City on Saturday. Arsenal won't underrate us, this will be an incredibly tough game

You say that TJB but I see all the rhetoric coming from the Arsenal camp as being tinged with fear!

I feel Henry senses that too hence his reverse psychology to try and pump them up!

I can smell fear as they know we have no fear and nothing to lose, whereas for them its a massive must win match.

The sort of fixture the Gooners frequently bottle it in!

I can only see this going as an Arsenal win seeing as they know they have to win to get their season back on track.

Honestly if we win I will lose my mind. Whatever happens we can be happy with the points return from the '3 games to define our season'

To already have 6 points from those games is incredible and I look at this game as a free chance of extra points. A draw would still be a great result. We have some very winnable games coming up. If we beat Arsenal I can see us going on an unbeaten run and Champ league being done and dusted pretty quickly. What I would give to have Leicester win the title against Everton at Home. Now THAT would be worth a pitch invasion

I agree this is essentially a free game

One I hope. We can win :fc:

One of only two teams to beat us this season and it's clear why they did. They beat us at our own game.

We were almost gung ho at times against Man city but Arsenal's tactics are completely different. We might have to sit slightly deeper.

Archived