Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

On to ARSENAL, away.. Next up....

This is the first game we've played since the media put us down as real title contenders. The Mail firing up inflammatory articles on Pearson, the Guardian bringing up the Arsenal scouting thing, some of our fans trying to calculate games we should win before we've played them. It'll be interesting to see if the players can keep their concentration. So far Ranieri has kept them focused on the task at hand.

I'm not sure what I'd change from the last match. I was banging on about Gray being tested as a more attacking left winger. But after last match, Albrighton, although still not a direct threat, had a scorcer going forward: I could now imagine him assisting Shinji. Obviously Gray does still need some match time, though. Still unsure how Ranieri will use Amartey - a late sub for Simpson?

Didn't we say they just outfootballed us last time? Now we have a fantastic defence, and are far more cohesive. I hardly think it'll be a repeat of the reverse fixture, since Kante and our defence should contain them much better than before, but it'll be our biggest challenge: Liverpool are poo and Man City had their best defender and arguably best midfielder out and had a manager publicly advising for a new job.

1-0 loss

Spurs Man City draw

Pressure then back on Arsenal who would be favourites

No pressure on us and we continue on our merry way

Home end for me so could be tricky if we win but it will be well worth getting thrown out for

I always find it odd that those who are best placed are considered to have the most pressure on them. Being ahead on points means a bad result isn't as damaging.

Also, since it was hard to believe the last match, even with two of their best players out and with a manager with a mind elsewhere, I've started to worry Simpson's lapse of concentration will morph into us all believing our own hype, lolling around lazily assured of our own supremacy instead of fighting for every ball.

Even when the pressure ramps up, it's as if outsiders think most of this squad don't know pressure. Well I can't think of a more pressurised situation than the end of last season - having to win all those games to stay up.

You could equally say do Arsenal know what title pressure is? Hardly - who in their squad has won the Prem? And they're expected to challenge. We're not.

Easy to say that this game is a free hit after 6 points from Liverpool and Man City, but it would be nice to at least maintain our 5 point cushion. But I can't call it. Arsenal will be hyped up, but that might work in our favour too.

I'd say draw, but do we ever draw?!

Up the Citeh.

In with Arsenal fans. Start of the week I was thinking I could contain myself if we scored. Now I'm thinking not a chance.

I did that last year. They won't care too much as most of them, in my experience in the North Bank, are too busy slating their own players and talking with the odd glance to the big screen.

Just don't go ballistic!

Even when the pressure ramps up, it's as if outsiders think most of this squad don't know pressure. Well I can't think of a more pressurised situation than the end of last season - having to win all those games to stay up.

You could equally say do Arsenal know what title pressure is? Hardly - who in their squad has won the Prem? And they're expected to challenge. We're not.

Easy to say that this game is a free hit after 6 points from Liverpool and Man City, but it would be nice to at least maintain our 5 point cushion. But I can't call it. Arsenal will be hyped up, but that might work in our favour too.

Up the Citeh.

Good point. After all, Huth has won it with Chelsea. We've debatably got more experience in winning titles than they do!

Reading there forum it's surprising how much lack of respect there fans have towards us,I didn't read one post that gave us any credit,I really hope we get a result at there place,I thought spurs fans were a fickle bunch but these lot are something else,oh and they think they got the better deal in not gettin Steve Walsh as scout

Reading there forum it's surprising how much lack of respect there fans have towards us,I didn't read one post that gave us any credit,I really hope we get a result at there place,I thought spurs fans were a fickle bunch but these lot are something else,oh and they think they got the better deal in not gettin Steve Walsh as scout

Up themselves syndrome!

Tottenham fans by far the worst though!!

How has Wenger figured us out? At the KP we played right into their hands. It was nothing to do with Wenger or Arsenals performance that game. It was our all out attack, gung-ho approach which made us lose.

This game will be an entirely different story.

Let's not forget our defence had de laet and Schlupp in it we are far more solid now.

Delusion, they have 2 word cup winners and a gk with 3 titles and a champions league medal

No Prem titles though...

RE the Walsh comment. He's much more than a scout. I remember seeing an interview where he said he had an input on the types of player the team needs and he should look for. He doesn't merely get told a type, he has an input too. He's integral I think.

Up the Citeh.

Everyone had written us off by the point we started winning, there was no expectation.

No expectation - no pressure. It's not quite that simple I know, but it's not the most pressured situation that's for sure.

think there's more pressure on our players than the rest tbh. these players know they will, in the main, NEVER be in this position again. if aguero doesn't win the title or the golden boot this season, he goes hope looks at his other titles and golden boots, goes to pre season in the summer and next year probably wins the golden boot and the title. 

if andy king, wes morgan etc don't win the title in the next three months, they never win a major trophy. this is once in a lifetime. if we mess up this chance we never get it again. everyone else has another go next year. 

Everyone had written us off by the point we started winning, there was no expectation.

No expectation - no pressure. It's not quite that simple I know, but it's not the most pressured situation that's for sure.

I can't disagree more.

No expectations? I had them as I'm sure several thousand others did.

People lose jobs, huge wage reductions, team often gets split up, not to mention the astronomical drop in revenue, after relegation.

And yet you say that because it was a mammoth task that people thought was unattainable, that the players felt no pressure??

I'm sorry but that's BS.

The pressure felt by the team, the fans, the management and owners must of been 10fold, to what they have now.

Your post makes no sense, if no expectations means no pressure then how are they feeling any now?

People suggesting we can win now is opinion, not expectations.

The teams that have spent 100s of millions are the teams expected to achieve.

Obviously????

think there's more pressure on our players than the rest tbh. these players know they will, in the main, NEVER be in this position again. if aguero doesn't win the title or the golden boot this season, he goes hope looks at his other titles and golden boots, goes to pre season in the summer and next year probably wins the golden boot and the title.

if andy king, wes morgan etc don't win the title in the next three months, they never win a major trophy. this is once in a lifetime. if we mess up this chance we never get it again. everyone else has another go next year.

You a correct when you're thinking about this from a normal, average persons viewpoint. However what we've achieved this season shows the mentality of our players goes way above the average Joe, they have unshakeable belief in themselves that they can achieve way more than most see possible. They probably think right now that they deserve to be where they are and will be for several years to come. The pressure might not be as intense as what we think it is.

Ok now we are getting ever closer to this game here's my prediction.

Arsenal 0 - 4 Leicester

Yep I said it. We are going to absolutely smash these. 2 early goals will force the Arsenal fans to demand their players push forward which we will handle no problem and inevitably falls into our style perfectly.

Im even going to say that Vardy is going to score his first prem hat trick.

Archived