Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

On to ARSENAL, away.. Next up....

Everyone had written us off by the point we started winning, there was no expectation.

No expectation - no pressure. It's not quite that simple I know, but it's not the most pressured situation that's for sure.

I disagree with this, but if I try to see it from your point of view think about the pressure that was building when we did start to win?

After we'd put back to back wins together against West Ham and WBA people started talking.

This group of players, who had been bottom for so long, suddenly had people believing that they might stay up.  I think to pull yourself up from that, start believing in yourself in the way that they did and continue in the run that we had added a whole heap of expectation.  The further the run went, the more expectation was added.  There was so much pressure on that team at that time.  You could feel it everywhere. 

That team has become this team.  Different expectations may equal different pressure, but if we can do what we did this time last year then we give ourselves a massive chance.

State of the Premier League currently this being a once in a lifetime opportunity for us is a massive assumption. We have a great backroom team, a world class sports science team which has kept our first team healthier than anyone else’s for three years running, tactics that nobody has an answer for and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Vichai and Top be really aggressive in the Summer to try and consolidate our position to at least a regular top six side.

think there's more pressure on our players than the rest tbh. these players know they will, in the main, NEVER be in this position again. if aguero doesn't win the title or the golden boot this season, he goes hope looks at his other titles and golden boots, goes to pre season in the summer and next year probably wins the golden boot and the title. 

if andy king, wes morgan etc don't win the title in the next three months, they never win a major trophy. this is once in a lifetime. if we mess up this chance we never get it again. everyone else has another go next year.

I disagree with your reading of the situation. The fact that some of our players will never have this chance again doesn't imply that it will put huge pressure on them, but rather that it will increase their determination to seize this opportunity, not to let it slip, and see it through to the end - which I see as a positive thing.

This is going to be a tough game for both teams arsenal will have the majority of the ball but the games I've seen of them recently they have not took their chances and we have Bournemouth were unlucky last week hopefully we can at least get a point 3 and this site will go into meltdown especially if Spurs and man city draw up the foxes

Guest CityFan 06

State of the Premier League currently this being a once in a lifetime opportunity for us is a massive assumption. We have a great backroom team, a world class sports science team which has kept our first team healthier than anyone else’s for three years running, tactics that nobody has an answer for and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Vichai and Top be really aggressive in the Summer to try and consolidate our position to at least a regular top six side.

Correct. I think like that article said about the owners wanting us to be a top 6 club in five years, well, it's certainly possible if that is what the ambition is of the club. If we can keep this group of players together as well as adding a few real quality additions I'd be hopeful of another positive season, hopefully.

The way we've played and the players we have there is every chance that we can go again next season. No reason not to. Few more quality additions and we'll be a match for most. I don't believe that this is a one shot deal. Biggest chance in our history probably.

Let's just relax and enjoy it (I'm trying to)..

Hello guys this was the first time that i write in this forum.I am from Greece and i support Leicester City since 2014.

I hope one day to have the chance to come there and see a football match of my favourite team.

I am looking forward to enjoy the Sunday's match against Arsenal and i hope we will win.

Come on Foxes!!! 

Wenger's team seems very unpredictable. Some games they look on. What is striking is that they haven't been consistent. Wenger is a fabulous manager, but I believe he will have a difficult time setting up his team this time. The Leicester he played before is not the same team. He will have to deal with a less porous defense and a much more established midfield. They will not score five goals this time. Unless Leicester has a bad day, which is always possible of any team, I would say this will be a win. If I were a betting man I would say 2-0...I hope;)

If you look at most of the games where perhaps we've struggled a bit to get our normal game going (Bournemouth, Liverpool away, Spurs x 2 spring to mind) the oppo has always had an exceptionally high work rate and run more than us during the game (Spurs and Bournemouth are top two for distance run in the league).

What they did is press us high up the pitch to stop the supply of ball to our midfielders, meaning we resorted long balls out of defence, where we lost accuracy with the direct balls and ended up feeding off scraps.

They were also good at controlling the ball, passing teams, which meant when they were in possession, the passages of play wouldn't break down quite as easily. Again, a lot of our attacking play comes from breakdowns in play, if they control it well then it stops us doing that.

Arsenal can obviously control the ball well, so that's one big tick in their box. What they aren't are runners, the last stats I could find had them about 14th of 20 teams, opposed to the ones above who were top on running. So I think how we attack with much depend on whether they up their game in terms of work rate and pressing us high up the pitch.

Even in those games where we struggled to get our own game going, we've still been good defensively though, and despite the oppo controlling a lot of the play, we've rarely looked threatened. Perhaps restricting them to one or two good chances and the rest being long shots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35560475

Wenger: Leicester & Arsenal fans should not protest during game

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has asked fans to cancel protests during Sunday's game against Leicester over the late change to the kick-off time.

The fixture was moved on 21 January from Saturday 15:00 GMT to Sunday midday for live TV coverage.

Foxes fans plan to enter the stadium five minutes after kick-off, with the support of their Gunners counterparts.

"You can protest before and after, but during the game, you want everybody to be there," said the Arsenal boss.

"The game of football is a moment of happiness in your life. Life is not every day fantastic - sometimes it's boring, sometimes it's difficult for many people. Football is a moment of happiness in your life, so don't miss it.

"You want everybody there when the game starts."

Very disappointing for a manager to come out with things like this.

Ok now we are getting ever closer to this game here's my prediction.

Arsenal 0 - 4 Leicester

Yep I said it. We are going to absolutely smash these. 2 early goals will force the Arsenal fans to demand their players push forward which we will handle no problem and inevitably falls into our style perfectly.

Im even going to say that Vardy is going to score his first prem hat trick.

I'd say you're mental but last weeks result has made me believe any result in any game of football is possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35560475

Very disappointing for a manager to come out with things like this.

Wenger's lost a lot of my respect lately, just the other day he was saying there was no way ticket prices can go down because clubs need all the TV money for buying players.  A couple of days later he was saying the media are biased against him for not buying players and that we vindicate his approach of not needing to spend money unnecessarily.  Which one is it, Arsene?  Beginning to wonder if the old man hasn't been corrupted by money at the higher levels of the game, it would be a real shame if he has because he's the only non-City manager left that I ever really liked.

-alepoudakias - where abouts in Greece mate? I'm over there 3 or 4 times a year. Welcome.

Looking on various Arsenal forums they seem to think that we're all starting to think the impossible and that will derail the players. Oh along with the usual self importance and bombastic sense of entitlement.

Tbf I think many of us in here would take a draw all day long. History tells us that we'll get naff all from this game, but then that's what history has shown of many of our games this season. Sometimes history changes. If it changes again then clearly the Stars have aligned.

I know a few Pillocks interviewed on TV recently seem to have had their brains disconnected but I don't get the impression that the majority of fans suddenly think we really are massive. We could be, but that takes time and consistent success.

Now having said all that 0-2 Sunday.

How Leicester will use Kante to nullify Arsenal's attacking threat

The Foxes' combative midfielder will be key to keeping the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil quiet, explains Alex Keble...

Leicester City’s incredible organisation and spirit will be tested to its fullest this Sunday as they face the league’s best passers and one of the country’s biggest pitches. Having lost 5-2 at the King Power earlier in the season, Claudio Ranieri will be aware of the enormity of this task

The key battle area will be Arsenal’s left, where Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil team up - it'll be up to N’Golo Kante to stop them. Leicester’s off-the-ball shape is phenomenal. By sitting in such a tight, deep and narrow 4-4-2 shape they not only restrict space for the attackers but also simplify the role of each individual member. 

Kante and Daniel Drinkwater have to cover less space than most central midfielders, largely because Leicester’s front two actually sit on top of the opposition defensive midfielders (given the depth where their formation lines up, it is almost a 4-4-2-0).

img_0115_0.png?itok=Qzu8zPSX

Leicester player influence vs Man City (left) and Spurs (right)

No team is better at stretching apart and tearing through deep defensive shells than Arsenal. This is largely thanks to Ozil, who on such occasions drifts over to the left hand side and interchanges neatly with Sanchez. Expect Arsenal to almost exclusively use this flank on Sunday.

img_0116_0.png?itok=uV-VoMje

Sanchez's attacking dashboard vs Leicester (left) and Ozil's (right)

This correlates exactly with Kante’s main position (as the right-sided central midfielder). Kante’s greatest contribution to Leicester is cutting off the passing lines and intercepting the ball before it reaches a team’s most dangerous players.

Essentially, he prevents the counter-counter (Leicester are only really vulnerable immediately after a failed counter-attack of their own) by pressing hard onto the central midfielders.

He makes more interceptions (4.1 per match) than any other Premier League player, and that's from within the team that make the most interceptions as a whole (21.8 per match). The Foxes will need to be more determined, resolute, and show greater anticipation than in any other game this season if they are to prevent Arsenal from breaking through.

img_0117_0.png?itok=MViW-x3L

Leicester interceptions vs Man City (left) and Kante's defensive dashboard vs Stoke (right)

Thinking the lads will be up for vengeance from our home tie where we could have scored up to 4 goals in the first 15minutes if not for the woodwork and a save from the keeper !

Leicester will want to put right a loss which we really didn't deserve and it flattered Arsenal we also have become a more solid brotherhood who fight for each other and every ball !!

So after thinking a bit more this will be a win for us I would love to say 0-5 as they do look rocky at the back so I'll go for a 0-2 win for Claudio's boys in blue !!

Archived