Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

At right back we have Simpson and Amartey. I think if you bring another in, he wouldn't play. Or worse disrupt the 'team'.

Yeah, maybe a striker. Slimani would be good. Bit harsh on Ulloa tho. He'd have to go.

With Albrighton, Gray, Mahrez and Schlupp we have enough happy wingers.

Rob Green. lol. You'd get him for free to sit on the bench, that's the only reason

So you have players that are in the form of their lives (and probably overplaying their true talent level), and we'll just stay with them? Then bitch on FoxesTalk about what could have been when any regression to the mean occurs?

This is a great opportunity -- now's the chance where you can take (calculated) risks to bring in a higher quality/standard of player, as long as it's measured and within the club's general system and approach.

If people on here had their way, there's going to be a lot of unhappy players at the club next season, regardless of the extra European games to play. We'll have a lot more "Inlers" on our hands (who by the way should and will stay imo, for the additional games). It's all about keeping team spirit and balance. We don't want massive additions and change.

If people on here had their way, there's going to be a lot of unhappy players at the club next season, regardless of the extra European games to play. We'll have a lot more "Inlers" on our hands (who by the way should and will stay imo, for the additional games). It's all about keeping team spirit and balance. We don't want massive additions and change.

I don't think anyone is asking for a squad overhaul. It's just adding talent to make sure the club can continue to grow and consistently push for Europe.

If a potentially transformative player like Gotze would be interested in coming here, and the club judges him to be a good fit, you have to go for it. Everyone saying "find another Mahrez" forgets that that's probably not happening again -- that was a once in a lifetime diamond in the rough.

Wanting to keep the squad's ethos while continually wanting to improve are not mutually exclusive. And given the mistakes the owners have gone through with players such as Mills and Beckford, I doubt we have to worry about reckless spending.

If you look at our settled starting eleven, there are non that you'd call 'weak links'.

However, to progress you must strengthen. I think we could add to the goalkeeping dept, a younger centre back to compete with Huth and Morgan, and the Number 10 role, to compete with Okazaki.

Keeper Cover: someone unsettled and on a free - Rob Green?

Centreback: Dragovic. Fits the bill. Heavily linked before. Fuchs is his captain.

Number 10: Sigurdsson. Perfect for us, goal scoring, hardworking tall beast of a player. Knows the prem too.

I like Sugurdsson, Ive mentioned him before. Amartey was bought in to play defensive Midfield. So we have cover there.

We need another GK to replace the ageing Aussie.

We need to make decision on Inler, Dyer, Kramaric and Liam Moore - any leave get them replaced

We have cover for centre half in Both Big Waz and Benalouane.

Its hard but most teams competing in Europe need 2 players at least for every position, and then its a case of keeping everyone happy

We dont need wholesale changes.

I like Sugurdsson, Ive mentioned him before. Amartey was bought in to play defensive Midfield. So we have cover there.

We need another GK to replace the ageing Aussie.

We need to make decision on Inler, Dyer, Kramaric and Liam Moore - any leave get them replaced

We have cover for centre half in Both Big Waz and Benalouane.

Its hard but most teams competing in Europe need 2 players at least for every positioon, and then its a case of keeping everyone happy

We dont need wholesale changes.

Highly doubt Wasyl is coming back. Need to find a younger replacement, and doubt it's Moore.

Waysl, Schwarzer, Hamer, Dyer, Kramaric, Konchesky, Hammond and DeLaet won't be at the club next season.

Benny, Tom Lawrence and Liam Moore might be.

I didnt know Konchesky still was. Why would you say Hamer wont be? I can see the rest going, so we need to bring in at least 2 players for that lot. A GK, and a right back.

Waysl, Schwarzer, Hamer, Dyer, Kramaric, Konchesky, Hammond and DeLaet won't be at the club next season.

Benny, Tom Lawrence and Liam Moore might be.

Kram could realistically be coming back. I would be surprised if we let him go for less than we paid for him.

Why is wanting to sign top players for a team top of the biggest division on the planet, about to embark on a Champions League campaign having 'delusions of grandeur'. We ARE grand! lol

I wouldn't spend 40 mill on one player but where is a figure like that coming from?

We are in the big time now. It seems some people still can't believe it?

Champions league will help us but the really big players still want to play for the really big teams. There's a reason gotze is not being linked with Leicester. If we spend all summer looking at top world class players we're going to have a very dull summer signings wise.

Noises being made that we are interested in taking Philippe Mexes on a free at the end of the season.

Hope not. He's 34. If we're gonna go down that route, may aswell just extend Was' contract again

ter Stegen and James Rodriguez

It's not realistic, I'm afraid. They won't come here.

Kram could realistically be coming back. I would be surprised if we let him go for less than we paid for him.

We'll take whatever we can get for him. He won't play for us again.

I didnt know Konchesky still was. Why would you say Hamer wont be? I can see the rest going, so we need to bring in at least 2 players for that lot. A GK, and a right back.

Konch is on loan at QPR. Contract up at end of season. Hamer's not been the most popular under CR. He don't rate him.

Archived