Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Well he's nearly 33 and on over £200,000 a week. A two year contract would cost you £20million in wages alone, so his fee couldn't be too big otherwise nobody would buy him. Also only has a year left on his contract.

And the extra £500,000 you'd have to spend on birthday presents & cake to keep him happy.  :)

FFP still exists. its not as restrictive as it used to be but I doubt that the club would go out on a limb and risk a big fine or expulsion from the following seasons competition

don't expect any fees above 25 mill or salaries over 100k !  I expect we will be increasing plenty of existing contracts over the summer to keep players happy.

So if Deeney is so good and so important to Watford, what makes you think they will sell him for £10m. £10m gets you a championship striker, so if Deeney is as good as you say then surely they would be wanting between £15 and £20m. And it is my opinion that I don't rate him, you can have your opinion that you do but I would be amazed and very under whelmed if we signed him in the summer. Would not be a step forward for a team competing in the champions league.

He is good and important. Lets look at a few things, where Watford are likley to finish in thier first season in the top flight after having such an upheaval in the summer. They had to virtually rebuild. He's been scoring, kept fit and assidting, hes their captain and yes he would be in the region of £8-£15m.

People have to remember that the rason why Leicester, Spurs, West Ham and co have mixed up the league is due to the fact it is more finanace has created the ability to afford good players. Look what Liverpool paid for Benteke, Man City for Sterling etc. , just by spending another £10m or more on a single player doesnt mean you are going to automatically guarantee a player worth twice who will give you twice as much. You have to spend 50-60m and beyond for those types.

So look at strikers who have cost less than £20m and those £20-£40 in the prem. Who are the ones performing in the main.

He would be a welcome addition to the squad. Leicester are winning because they are a team, and have team spirit as a collective. Not because they are spoilt prima donnas like and Man City and Chelsea. Players like Ibra I wouldnt give tuppence for. They are looking for paydays.

This. Delusions of grandeur.

Why is wanting to sign top players for a team top of the biggest division on the planet, about to embark on a Champions League campaign having 'delusions of grandeur'. We ARE grand! lol

I wouldn't spend 40 mill on one player but where is a figure like that coming from?

We are in the big time now. It seems some people still can't believe it?

If you look at our settled starting eleven, there are non that you'd call 'weak links'.

However, to progress you must strengthen. I think we could add to the goalkeeping dept, a younger centre back to compete with Huth and Morgan, and the Number 10 role, to compete with Okazaki.

Keeper Cover: someone unsettled and on a free - Rob Green?

Centreback: Dragovic. Fits the bill. Heavily linked before. Fuchs is his captain.

Number 10: Sigurdsson. Perfect for us, goal scoring, hardworking tall beast of a player. Knows the prem too.

If you look at our settled starting eleven, there are non that you'd call 'weak links'.

However, to progress you must strengthen. I think we could add to the goalkeeping dept, a younger centre back to compete with Huth and Morgan, and the Number 10 role, to compete with Okazaki.

Centreback: Dragovic. Fits the bill. Heavily linked before. Fuchs is his captain.

Number 10: Sigurdsson. Perfect for us, goal scoring, hardworking tall beast of a player. Knows the prem too.

:cap:

Sorted. Hold on to all the other key players we have, and we'll do fine with this.

It's easy this football lark.

Add in a RB as we only have 1, a Striker to replace Ulloa, a winger to replace Dyer and probably a CM to replace Inler.

Rob Green! We 're not that desperate are we?

Add in a RB as we only have 1, a Striker to replace Ulloa, a winger to replace Dyer and probably a CM to replace Inler.

Rob Green! We 're not that desperate are we?

At right back we have Simpson and Amartey. I think if you bring another in, he wouldn't play. Or worse disrupt the 'team'.

Yeah, maybe a striker. Slimani would be good. Bit harsh on Ulloa tho. He'd have to go.

With Albrighton, Gray, Mahrez and Schlupp we have enough happy wingers.

Rob Green. lol. You'd get him for free to sit on the bench, that's the only reason

Not on one player.

Whatever some of you are smoking or drinking, send some this way. It must be good stuff.

Maybe there are people who aspire to quality who don't want to be served up lumpy mash with cheep franfurters washed down with economy cola. 

We can afford better than that now!

Schlupp, Mahrez, Gray & Albrighton that are our players around the 1st team that I can think of

Wouldn't be confident going into a season competing on all domestic fronts and also playing in the Champions league with those as our only options

At right back we have Simpson and Amartey. I think if you bring another in, he wouldn't play. Or worse disrupt the 'team'.

Yeah, maybe a striker. Slimani would be good. Bit harsh on Ulloa tho. He'd have to go.

With Albrighton, Gray, Mahrez and Schlupp we have enough happy wingers.

Rob Green. lol. You'd get him for free to sit on the bench, that's the only reason

Amartey isn't a right back though and Ranieri will still want depth so if we lose a player (like Dyer) he'll want to replace them 

Wouldn't be confident going into a season competing on all domestic fronts and also playing in the Champions league with those as our only options

I'm in agreement with that

Archived