Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Guest CityFan 06

Absolutely no chance.

No I agree I'm not overly optimistic about him coming here. But I'd welcome him if the conditions were right. 

I think Siggurdsson would be a solid shout for added quality, he was brilliant for Swansea last year and without his goals in the last month or two they might be right down there with Newcastle and Sunderland. Would do well to get him whilst Swansea are struggling.

Some people need to get a grip on reality.

We're having the season of our lives, but do you really think we're going to go out and spend £40m on transfer fees? Not to mention the wages.

Try justifying it all you like, it's not going to happen.

Can't see us signing him but apparently he's available for 20m

I don't think Gotze is impossible. People completely fail to take into account the situation of a player when discussing fees.

A Gotze flourishing at Dortmund will go for £30mil+

A Gotze who Bayern don't actually fancy could even go for about half of that.

If they don't fancy him, being a Champions League side, we are well in with a shout. Not saying it would happen, but when the club want rid of the player it completely changes everything.

I don't think Gotze is impossible. People completely fail to take into account the situation of a player when discussing fees.

A Gotze flourishing at Dortmund will go for £30mil+

A Gotze who Bayern don't actually fancy could even go for about half of that.

If they don't fancy him, being a Champions League side, we are well in with a shout. Not saying it would happen, but when the club want rid of the player it completely changes everything.

Not a cat in Hells chance of this happening people need to get real

In a world where Tevez and Mascherano joined West Ham, anything is possible.

Yeah, remember Mascherano playing for West Ham... for exactly five games, whilst a whole lot of important questions arose surrounding his transfer and his then-ownership.

Similar circumstances with Tevez, as both came to London as part of a "package".

Also:

In April 2007, West Ham were fined a record £5.5 million for breaching Premier League rules over the signings of Tevez and Mascherano; and Tevez was cleared to play for West Ham by the Premier League after changes were planned to be made to a third-party agreement related to him.[4][24] That same month, Tevez was named the club's Hammer of the Year.[25]

So, not a really great example of what quality players to sign from abroad.

Guest CityFan 06

100% agree with ajthefox, Sigurðsson for me would be a great signing. He's got quality and goals. Ideal age too.

In terms of cover in the CM areas at this current moment in time we're pretty well stocked, but this could change in the summer depending on who stays and who moves on.

Sigurdsson would be excellent. Whoever signs him should sign Bony too. Whilst he's been absolute gash at Man City, some players automatically click with others and they are a good example. Re-uniting them would be very good business for someone as they'd get Bony for fook all.

Guest CityFan 06

Sigurdsson would be excellent. Whoever signs him should sign Bony too. Whilst he's been absolute gash at Man City, some players automatically click with others and they are a good example. Re-uniting them would be very good business for someone as they'd get Bony for fook all.

Yep, their partnership worked well at Swansea and could work well again if they both came here. It's difficult to tell how both players would do here, but firstly wages would need to be negotiated. 

Not s cat in hells chance?

People need to get real?

It's April and we're top of the league. Perspective is a funny thing.

I tend to think you can achieve a better perspective by recognizing which month it is :whistle:

Though to be honest, there really isn't any chance of signing Gotze, let's be honest with ourselves.

Archived