Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Not sure how transfer values are calculated, but Sky Sports are reporting that Yaya Toure would cost less than £5 million ??

Bayern, PSG and Juventus apparently interested.

I know his personal terms are likely to be massive, but in this over-inflated market he seems an absolute bargain.

Well he's nearly 33 and on over £200,000 a week. A two year contract would cost you £20million in wages alone, so his fee couldn't be too big otherwise nobody would buy him. Also only has a year left on his contract.

Not sure how transfer values are calculated, but Sky Sports are reporting that Yaya Toure would cost less than £5 million ??

Bayern, PSG and Juventus apparently interested.

I know his personal terms are likely to be massive, but in this over-inflated market he seems an absolute bargain.

From what I've seen from him this season, he appears to be pretty much finished. Somewhat overweight, lazy, slow, too ponderous on the ball and with a questionable attitude as of late.

He's on £220'000 a week!

I'm not sure where I can see Gotze going. He said he wants to come to England.

He's not going to Man City as he's not following a manager who doesn't currently play him.

He's not needed at Arsenal, they've already got too many attacking midfielders and Ozil plays the same position.

He's could go to Man Utd but what if they don't make the Champions League? Club in rebuild? No guarantees they will rekindle the form they had under Ferguson. Mourinho coming in as gaffer potentially?

Tottenham don't need him (Alli and Eriksen)

Chelsea could be an option but again who's the gaffer going to be? No Champions League football for at least a season?

Liverpool do they need him? With Coutinho and Firmino in that role already? Would Klopp want him back after the way he left to go to Bayern?

Then there's us. Club on the rise, play fast attacking football similar to the style he excelled in at Dortmund. Champions League football? Exciting players in Vardy, Mahrez and Kante to play with? I'd be surprised if we didn't at least put a few feelers out there.

I'm not sure where I can see Gotze going. He said he wants to come to England.

He's not going to Man City as he's not following a manager who doesn't currently play him.

He's not needed at Arsenal, they've already got too many attacking midfielders and Ozil plays the same position.

He's could go to Man Utd but what if they don't make the Champions League? Club in rebuild? No guarantees they will rekindle the form they had under Ferguson. Mourinho coming in as gaffer potentially?

Tottenham don't need him (Alli and Eriksen)

Chelsea could be an option but again who's the gaffer going to be? No Champions League football for at least a season?

Liverpool do they need him? With Coutinho and Firmino in that role already? Would Klopp want him back after the way he left to go to Bayern?

Then there's us. Club on the rise, play fast attacking football similar to the style he excelled in at Dortmund. Champions League football? Exciting players in Vardy, Mahrez and Kante to play with? I'd be surprised if we didn't at least put a few feelers out there.

Some people need to get a grip on reality.

We're having the season of our lives, but do you really think we're going to go out and spend £40m on transfer fees? Not to mention the wages.

Try justifying it all you like, it's not going to happen.

We're having the season of our lives, but do you really think we're going to go out and spend £40m on transfer fees? Not to mention the wages.

I have a perfect grip of reality. I wasn't saying Gotze will come here. I was merely saying how I see it and asking where is he likely to go?

Stranger things have happened btw. Like Leicester being top of the league with 7 games to go, with a squad that cost £30-40 million.

I have a perfect grip of reality. I wasn't saying Gotze will come here. I was merely saying how I see it and asking where is he likely to go?

Stranger things have happened btw. Like Leicester being top of the league with 7 games to go, with a squad that cost £30-40 million.

Good post.

Ladies and Gents...we are going to be playing Champions League football next season. There is no harm in looking at players of exceptional quality to add to our existing squad. In fact, we may need to add a couple or three really top players.

I think £40m is the bare minimum we have to spend in the summer even if most of the signings will be squad players

Good post.

Ladies and Gents...we are going to be playing Champions League football next season. There is no harm in looking at players of exceptional quality to add to our existing squad. In fact, we may need to add a couple or three really top players.

But not £40m at once for one single player.

EDIT: It's just £30m according to transfermarkt. But the point still stands.

Goetze isn't good enough to warrant a club like ours to spend 40m.

We need someone good right now for that price. He'll be there in a few years, but right now he isn't world class like that figure suggests he should be.

Not that he'd come here regardless.

Where are people getting the figure £40 million from? He left Dortmund to Bayern at €37 million which is about £29.5 million.

I've seen figures of £25 million banded about as what Bayern would accept.we were after Musa for £20 million. I know who I would rather have for that kinda figure and it's not the player swanning off to the AFCON for 8 weeks.

He probably wouldn't come to us but it's worth discussing as we will no doubt put some feelers out there. The club is ambitious and moving forward. It's time people realised that the Thai boys aren't playing when it comes to progress.

Where are people getting the figure £40 million from? He left Dortmund to Bayern at €37 million which is about £29.5 million.

I've seen figures of £25 million banded about as what Bayern would accept.we were after Musa for £20 million. I know who I would rather have for that kinda figure and it's not the player swanning off to the AFCON for 8 weeks.

He probably wouldn't come to us but it's worth discussing as we will no doubt put some feelers out there. The club is ambitious and moving forward. It's time people realised that the Thai boys aren't playing when it comes to progress.

I agree with this. If you don't ask you don't get and Gotze is certainly worth asking about, and I don't think he'd be entirely against the idea either. I don't think there will be any 100 plus page threads on players like Aranguiz this summer who spend two months faffing about, we are a desirable club to play for for most players now.

This. Delusions of grandeur.

To anyone saying we need to spend big to keep up: Welcome, how are you enjoying your first few months of Leicester fandom?

I'm not saying we have to spend big to keep up, but it's pretty obvious by the chasing of Musa that the club is willing to spend big on the right player. Also I've been here a while...

Archived