Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

That is a collection of poor finishing rather than excellent goalkeeping IMO.

But lol at that penalty. He nearly got to the ball before Ronaldo did.

I think it looks that way because of this keeper. He was the Defence for Bulgaria. The defenders were woeful at best. I think this guy won the game.

I do think that Ulloa needs to go in the summer, and to be replaced by Milik for example. We need a target man that can chip in with the goals along with Vardy. Ulloa did a job last year and I thank him for that but we need an upgrade. Cant be too sensitive over the players that go bar from King...he's not allowed to look at other clubs 

For the number 10 role, we already have.. A workhorse in Shinji, a target man in Ulloa. We need another option there.. A creative player like Sigurdsson or that Ziyech for example.

Would be stupid of us to sign another target man like Milik unless Ulloa goes.. I don't think Ulloa is good enough, but he is good to have around the squad, so I dunno..

Shinji isn't a natural number 10 ...he's a makeshift one that fell into that position .. Payet is a sort of number 10 that would be brilliant shame he ain't going know here !

Shinji isn't a natural number 10 ...he's a makeshift one that fell into that position .. Payet is a sort of number 10 that would be brilliant shame he ain't going know here !

Why is Payet not going anywhere but the press and fans have already sold half of our club? Surly a big European team will be in for him.

Why is Payet not going anywhere but the press and fans have already sold half of our club? Surly a big European team will be in for him.

To be fair, he's said he's happy in London and they did just up his wages to 125k/week, so not any better than what a "big club" would give him anyway,

Would actually be fair to let Ulloa go to play more regular footie. He might want to stay though for a few brief CL appearances.

If Brighton get promoted, I think it will be nailed on that he goes back there. Wouldn't surprise me if he went there even if they don't go up. He loved it there and they love him. Wouldn't be surprised at all personally.

Tbf he's 29 and just signed a new bumper contract. Just like Vardy probably won't go anywhere either.

Okazaki is an odd player. His record for Mainz quite good. 27 in 65. But then we watch him here and he looks like a guy who can barely do the basics right (control, first touch, shooting, balance etc). How can one go from scoring almost 1 in 2 for a small Bundesliga club to constantly fall over himself and miscontrol a simple ball.

The man we need is Hakim Ziyech from Twente, he'll cost us less than £10 million and will be unreal.

£10m would be a steal. Been on the Ziyech bandwagon for a while now. Though he's another player who will go to AFCON in January for his country.

Okazaki is an odd player. His record for Mainz quite good. 27 in 65. But then we watch him here and he looks like a guy who can barely do the basics right (control, first touch, shooting, balance etc). How can one go from scoring almost 1 in 2 for a small Bundesliga club to constantly fall over himself and miscontrol a simple ball.

You're a simpleton.

Earlier in the season I was a massive critic of Okazaki but as the season has gone on he has grown into the team and adapted to the league well. Okazaki is a quality footballer and one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Earlier in the season I was a massive critic of Okazaki but as the season has gone on he has grown into the team and adapted to the league well. Okazaki is a quality footballer and one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Yes he is definitely because the alternative is Ulloa, and he isn't up it I'm afraid. And I like Ulloa but Okazaki is easily ahead of him. Though Okazaki is almost always hooked at the 70th minute mark.

There's a reason the club bid £18m for a striker in January. Ranieri understood and realised Vardy needed a better partner than Okazaki.

People (not you) seem to think just because we are top of the league that all our players are faultless and cannot be criticised. Honestly....

Yes he is definitely because the alternative is Ulloa, and he isn't up it I'm afraid. And I like Ulloa but Okazaki is easily ahead of him. Though Okazaki is almost always hooked at the 70th minute mark.

There's a reason the club bid £18m for a striker in January. Ranieri understood and realised Vardy needed a better partner than Okazaki.

People (not you) seem to think just because we are top of the league that all our players are faultless and cannot be criticised. Honestly....

I don't base my opinion on the fact that Ulloa doesn't cut it. I base it on the fact that Okazaki is a actually a really good footballer and it would take one hell of a player to replace him since he is vital to the style in which we choose to execute our game plan. I look at our first choice eleven and really struggle to pick fault in any of them. Okazaki is quality mate.

I don't base my opinion on the fact that Ulloa doesn't cut it. I base it on the fact that Okazaki is a actually a really good footballer and it would take one hell of a player to replace him since he is vital to the style in which we choose to execute our game plan. I look at our first choice eleven and really struggle to pick fault in any of them. Okazaki is quality mate.

But he's a square peg in a round hole, although he's been quality enough to make it work. He's ideally not that second striker who drops deep.

I wouldn't say he's a quality footballer he's good at what he does but he's not got that much quality.

He's not very strong, he doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't create many chances.

But what he is good at is harrying, closing down defenders and he's got a great workrate. Also he's an excellent team player.

Good centre-forwards possessing workrates within Shinji's range are rather hard to come by.

We were in for Eder who then joined Inter and Ranieri has been in informal talks with Totti, so there is a need to strengthen in that position.

Here's a few suggestions - some more realistic than others:

Thomas Müller (Bayern)

Raffael (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC)

Lars Stindl (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Josip Ilicic (AC Fiorentina)

Sadio Mané (Southampton)

Franco Vázquez (US Palermo)

Personally, I'd love to see Stindl or Vazquez in a Leicester shirt.

Two defenders (right back & centre back) Two midfielders (left winger and central midfielder) and two strikers) sell De laet,benaloune, Inler, dyer (return swansea) Andy King,kramaric and Ulloa!

No way King and Ulloa!  :o  :unsure:  :huh:

Archived